'18 SRT New Buyer Info - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SRT8 model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:31 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KILLER Color/stipe combo!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,701 Posts
Garage
It's a looker...congrats

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:56 AM

Sharp car! Congrats.

2013 BOSS 302 Mustang, School Bus Yellow, 6spd, Recaros, Torsen diff w/3:73's, Summer Pirelli's, Side exhaust uncorked!

2015 SRT 392, Billet Silver w/blk stripes, A8, Sunroof, Blk Laguna, Tech, Nav, Red seat belts, Summer Pirelli's... SOLD!

2012 Mustang GT Premium, Performance White, Blk leather, 6spd, Brembo performance package, 3:73's, Summer Pirelli's...SOLD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:43 AM

Congrats! That sounds like a great road trip to get to know your car!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:46 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Isn’t it a great road trip car? Enjoy it safely.

Mike
(Fyrdude)

2015 SRT 392 6 speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:47 PM

Nice looking ride. What do you guys think about a used 18 SRT with 3.5k miles for 44k? Its in excellent condition. Torred with red interior and hellcat wheels. I would have to pay a little extra to get it transported closer and find my own financing.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:25 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medsport View Post
Nice looking ride. What do you guys think about a used 18 SRT with 3.5k miles for 44k? Its in excellent condition. Torred with red interior and hellcat wheels. I would have to pay a little extra to get it transported closer and find my own financing.
You should always find your own financing.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medsport View Post
Since i just went through this long distance purchase i can give you some advice. It sounds like a great car but with yours as well as mine being an '18, be sure nothing has been done to the car to void the warranty. Fortunately for me, my seller was awesome. He babied the hell out of the car and bought every extended warranty they offered him at the time of purchase.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:58 AM

Well it looks good in pics and description with clean carfax and I'm assuming nothing has been done to it since its so new. The thing is its at one of those car buying/selling places and they want 650 to transfer it to my state before I can even see or test drive it in person. The price is also a few grand more than I wanted to spend, but it just looks to good to pass up. They also can't do an appraisal on my car until I go down there and its over a 3 hour drive. I'm hoping they say I have 3k or so in equity and then it won't be too bad, but other dealers have said anywhere from 500-3k. Another wrench in the mix is apparently Ohio doesn't allow you to save the difference in taxes on the trade value between cars if you are buying a used car, although they do for a new one so right there is another 1.3k I would miss out on. They approved me for the loan at over 9% financing, haha. I did find a credit union that is offering 4.5% for a 72 so it may be doable, but IDK just sounds like it will end up costing me more than a new car or 100 or so more a month.

I looked at a new 1320 last week and got them down to 42k from over 47 plus 3k equity in my trade. I almost pulled the trigger, but that car was black on black and I know how hard it is to keep that color clean and it had the summer racing tires I would have to change. I'm guessing I can find a new Scat Pack for the same ballpark, although it may be a fight to get the discounts like the last place. They didn't want to give me the friends and family discount at first because I don't have any connection but the sales guy was willing to give me one of his friends pin or something. I was also building one on Dodge site very close to the SRT specs that I would like (auto, red with the red plus interior, red brakes, Alpine, driver convenience and NAV) for around 47k, but that car doesn't exist at the moment and I would have to order it and doubt I could get more than 4k off. Plus I would like wider wheels like maybe the brass monkey package that is supposed to come out this month for 795 extra. That would be a nice car and brand new, but it still wouldn't have some of the SRT options like adaptive damping, flat bottom steering wheel and better seats. Not to mention I like the SRT badges and exclusivity better.

I also found a used black 17 SRT from a private owner for 39.5k with 4.2k miles and also a granite 18 TA for 40k with 850 miles for 39.5k that has some extras done to it by the owner like tint, ceramic brake pads and clear protective film on sides, front and back that looks to be an awesome deal, but just kind of bland color combo with the grey interior. My last car was grey and really wanted something a little more showy this time like red or blue. I also haven't ruled out the Camaro 2SS as there are a few left over 18's for sale in the 36-39k range that are loaded with options and they are offering the 2k conquest for owning a Mustang.

Last edited by Medsport; 05-16-2019 at 04:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode