Barton Shifter problem - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SRT8 model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Barton Shifter problem

Have had a concern since installed my shifter of it being klunky and shifter would get lost....Today i drove a 2016 scat identical to mine close to same miles and miles on the Barton a night and day difference...has any one had any issues...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 10:43 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
You sure all bolts are tightened up and pins were snug and locked in place? Mine feels extremely precise now and since day one of the install.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
The Following User Says Thank You to ChallyTatum For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (02-02-2018)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 11:24 PM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,881 Posts
Hundreds and hundreds of positive posts here with Barton and you’re the first one I hear that’s having an issue. Maybe go back and recheck everything. And if you still have an issue call the good folks at Barton and they’ll definitely help you with it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wasp392 For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (02-02-2018), stevewhiteparts (02-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 08:57 AM

There are lots of install vids on YouTube. Might want to view one or two and see if you missed anything.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 10:18 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I agree with everyone else - I don't use the idiom "night and day" lightly when I say that's exactly what I experienced going from the stock shifter to the Barton. Simply the absolute best upgrade I've done in the long list of mods found in my signature.

I did have mine professionally installed by Steve White Motors - has worked beautifully since the day it was done. A remarkable increase in precision and solidity. I've got a SpeedDawg knob on it right now but have a Barton weighted knob in transit that I'm curious to try out after reading favorable reviews, although I can't imagine how it would improve things!

2015 Challenger R/T ● Pitch Black ● M6 ● STP ● 8.4RA4 Nav
Mopar Mods: Cold Air Intake ● Hellcat Air Catcher ● Strut Brace ● Strut Covers ● ABS Cover ●
Hood Pins ● Stage 1 Slotted Discs / Pads ● Caliper Covers ● Dual Split Exhaust Tips ● Sill Plates ●

Other Mods: Billet Tech Small Devo Covers ● Speedlogix Engine Caps ● Speedlogix Catch Can ●
Genpartsco D.I.P.S. Screens ● Barton Flat Stick Shifter ● Speed Dawg Shift Knob ●
Infinity Reference Speakers ● Lloyd Ultimat R/T Floor Mats ●
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 03:23 PM

I have used the stock a Hurst for few months and a Barton now for a year. Hurst was junk, stock was decent but loose..had only one problem with the Barton banging through gears and must have not tightened the rotation bolts enough as the shifter leaned way back. simple fix of loosening, adjusting and tightening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode