Challenger vs C7 it was fun! - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SRT8 model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad daytona View Post
How is the road noise in the Vette? .
It's not bad, I noticed it the first day after being in the Challenger for the past year it "jumped" out if you will but after day 2 I don't notice it anymore. It also has run flats (for now) which are loud to begin with. It's livable for sure, I spent a week with a viper now THATS loud!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 12:14 PM

Congrats on the Vette....

My past fun cars..

3 1965 GTO's and an 05 GTO
1 00 GTP
3 TA's 76/85/01
2 Mustangs 96 GT and 04 Mach1
3 Hemi ram trucks 03/12/14 Bighorn
5 Corvettes /07/11/ 12/13/15
TRADED
2012 Challenger SRT 6sp manual.
Traded
2013 arctic white corvette 6 speed manual.
2015 Corvette Stingray Sold 8 15 2015
Traded
2015 RT 392 Scat Pack M6 Torred. stripper.
Current
2016 R/T Scat pack 392 Shaker. Bright White SPAG M6 (1 of 306)
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 02:05 PM

Garage
Congrats on the vette! I have a 2015 Z51 3LT convertible with MSRC that I ordered and picked up at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY. I just bought a 2016 Scat Pack about a month ago for kid hauling duties. Both cars are great which is why I own both of them! The Challenger is a muscle car. The Vette is a sports car. The Challenger is a quick car, but nowhere near my vette from a dig. The Challenger really needs better or bigger tires to really bite out of the hole. We all know the weight is a considerable difference as well. I like being able to adjust suspension, exhaust, shift points, and steering in the vette. The different screens in different modes are really cool on the vette too. The Challenger has a touchy pedal and loves to burn rubber for no real reason. It has no manners which is probably what makes it so fun to drive . It is great having a choice between two really good cars. The vette tends to win out on beautiful days since there really is nothing better than a convertible when the sun is shining. The Challenger is an incredible value price wise. It delivers a lot of power for the money. I love the retro looks on the Challenger, and the exhaust note is really great. I have owned my vette for quite a while and my only real complaint is the seats are a bit narrow. I haven't had the Challenger very long and only have about 600 miles on it. My only complaint on it is that the tires should be bigger and bite more. You will enjoy the Corvette for different reasons than the Challenger. I will always be a Corvette guy, but my Challenger is a close second. I have the same user name on the corvette forum.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 02:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyciti View Post
It's not bad, I noticed it the first day after being in the Challenger for the past year it "jumped" out if you will but after day 2 I don't notice it anymore. It also has run flats (for now) which are loud to begin with. It's livable for sure, I spent a week with a viper now THATS loud!
Tires don't last too long anyway. I got 12k out of mine . The run flats on it are pretty sticky tires. I replaced mine with the same Michelin tire just non run flats. Not a whole lot of difference in the tires. I will probably go back to the run flats. I hear tire noise is worse on the coupes than the verts.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 02:41 PM

Like Joe said ... the Challenger is a muscle car while the vette is a sports car. Having owned a vette in the past, I can appreciate what it has to offer (speed, handling, etc.) but driving the Challenger just feels better to me.

BS
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks everyone. Yeah both great cars, figured I would share as not everyone can own both. And I know the differences in them for sure (Muscle car guy here) and I stated that at the top of all this.

Personally the Vette is better for me and if I can get a challenger again on the cheap I will for sure! Get them miles and memories in!!
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCarProf View Post
My neighbor has a new C7 Stingray M7 and he can barely keep up with my A8 Scat Pack up to about 120mph. That would be beyond a 1/4 mile. After that he pulls on me. I took him from a dig both times we tried and we went from about a 35mph roll several times. They are no doubt, great cars. My dad had a Vette when I was a kid so I have a soft spot for them. My neighbor was sure annoyed my big fat Challenger fared so well against his new C7.

I know this isn't a racing thread, my point was more about bang for the buck (in a straight line) between the two cars and how everyone assumes because it's a Vette that it's so much faster.

Why was he so bothered that you hung with him? His car only makes 460/460 against a car that makes 485/475. He could have got an SS Camaro and had the same exact engine. I know there's a 800 pound difference between the two, but he's driving a manual against an auto as well. If he's bothered that he probably spent 25K more to hang with a Challenger then maybe he bought the wrong car lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to everton99 For This Useful Post:
MuscleCarProf (10-10-2016)
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 08:12 PM

Thanked 1,286 Times in 792 Posts
N. It's livable for sure, I spent a week with a viper now THATS loud![/QUOTE]

I think most welcome a fair evaluation of two different cars.I can see why many like the C7.Hope you enjoy it .
I know you will.

Kinda off topic, but since you mentioned it.,I've heard the Viper is more raw than a Corvette,and in regard to the road noise is it the tires or exhaust?Probably both I would assume.Do they have an overly harsh ride?
The reason I ask is that at some point I may consider buying one.I realize the Corvette is more road friendly,but the Viper is something that I've dreamed about since they first came out.Plus I've become pretty much a die hard Mopar head.Not that I can't appreciate other brands if they are worthy.
Even foriegn cars .

Anyway if you could elaborate on the Viper experience since you appear to give a fair evaluation, just for curiosity sake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 srt Challenger
2012 SRT Charger
07 SRT 300
2006 Tor Red Daytona Diablo tune,RSAs,,K&N CAI,headers,drilled slotted rotors
1970 RT Challenger 440
1970 Road Runner 440
94 Ram Cummins-44pds Boost,880 lbs tq,Big smoke car killer.

Last edited by Bad daytona; 10-09-2016 at 08:40 PM.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 08:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCarProf View Post
My neighbor has a new C7 Stingray M7 and he can barely keep up with my A8 Scat Pack up to about 120mph. That would be beyond a 1/4 mile. After that he pulls on me. I took him from a dig both times we tried and we went from about a 35mph roll several times. They are no doubt, great cars. My dad had a Vette when I was a kid so I have a soft spot for them. My neighbor was sure annoyed my big fat Challenger fared so well against his new C7.

I know this isn't a racing thread, my point was more about bang for the buck (in a straight line) between the two cars and how everyone assumes because it's a Vette that it's so much faster.
I call BS on this statement. Maybe your neighbor sucks extremely bad at driving or you are a professional driver. There is no way in hell that my Challenger could take my vette from a dig. 0-60 times are 3.8 vette and 4.3 Challenger .5 sec in the vettes favor. 1/4 mile times are 12.0 vette and 12.7 Challenger .7 sec in the vettes favor. I could believe maybe getting him on a 1/4 mile run from a roll, but the vette hooks up way better than the Challenger does. 25 hp doesn't overcome 800+ lbs in weight. I love my Challenger, and it is great at straight line acceleration.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Bad daytona,

Is the viper more raw then a Vette...YES. The older ones (anything pre - 13) has no "nanny" features therefore not as forgiving. I prefer the latest gen anyway.

My comparison is for the 15 viper vs 16 vette. Viper feels like a beast from the second your start it! I prefer the interior layout and materials vs the Vette. The Vette is much more comfortable! In the viper the seat doesn't move much and the column does NOT move in or out, you get adjustable pedals.

Viper, the exhaust is right by your ears so driving with the windows down and some tunes is not a option with a viper. Actually driving with the windows down at all is not really an option unless you are in the mood for the exhaust noise.

Getting in and out of the car requires a learning curve as you WILL burn yourself if you're not careful.

Storage is a wash on both of them. Road ride I didn't find harsh in either one.

Honestly if you going to live with the car daily or more than once and a while take out the Vette is the MUCH easier to "LIVE" with. Viper is killer I am a fan but it belongs on the track not on the street, you both will be happier!!

You can't have a viper as your only car its just not meant to be that. I know most will say who has only a viper but thats how I look at vehicles. REAL use not just show and shine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode