New Challengers's - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SRT8 model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
New Challengers's

Hello, I need a little guidance on the SRT cars. I recently sold a 2017 SP car. (first time I had a car payment since 2000, I never could get comfortable with that...long story LOL). Well, I miss the car. That being said I have decided to buy another Challenger. I am going to just pay cash this time. I have been looking at some 2011-1014 SRT's. Is there anything I need to know about these cars. Pro's and Con's? I want a manual car. I was really was impressed with the 6.4. Any difference in the performance with the earlier cars? I don't race them, I just like to run them up and down the road a few times and go through the gears. The exterior of the cars I am happy with, all years. I do like the interior of the 15-17's better but I can live with the older models. I am just looking for some feedback on the 11-14 SRT Car vs a 15-17 SC. one more question, what is SRT Core? Is that a separate option? Any input is appreciated, Thanks Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 07:12 PM

Garage
I just picked up a 2012 SRT8 with 1,540 miles and absolutely love it. I waited 2 years to find the right one. I also paid top dollar for the car. A low mile 11-14 SRT8 goes within days.
to me, those are the best looking years ..11-14. The newer ones are great in other ways...but for me..I wanted as retro as possible. I like the hard lines...not too much into curvy soft stuff.
They also have tons of exterior/interior mods you can do to them...they are like Harleys.

I suggest you drive them and see if you like them. The new ones will offer more tech and goodies...you have to see what fits for you. Good luck

Last edited by raceheart77; 05-05-2018 at 07:22 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 09:13 PM

I've had me 2011 since 4/30/2011. The big upgrade I would want would be the 8 speed suto. Since you are only concerned with manuals, there is no issue for you.

The older ones can be tuned cheaper.

The CORE was a cheaper way to get a 392 without paying for the SRT price (maybe $10K less?). Do a search to find out what was cut out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode