Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Srt 392 demo go mango

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  2v392Hemi 
#1 ·
Hey guys, going to buy my first challenger. Where I am in Canada I can get a 2018 fully loaded SRT 392 for 64,400 all in. It would also be black which is my preference. I found a 2017 Go Mango with black stripes, fully loaded without sunroof for 10,000 less. They say it was a demo and it has 2400 KM on it. Go Mango is my second choice but I am always concerned with buying a demo. I was hoping to get some of your opinions on weather or not you think the 10k difference is worth it for a 2017 Demo. Thanks!

#2 ·
If it were me, I’d get the 2018. It’s a year newer, and the mileage you’d put on it would be all yours. The first choice on color caps it. Sounds like a good deal at just over $49,000 USD.
You could always just flip a coin. If you’re disappointed with the results, you have your answer. :)
Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I'm not a fan of demos either. But you will have a full warranty from the time you take delivery that will cover any issues. And $10K is a lot of savings!! Besides, the 2018 will lose a chunk of value the minute you drive off the lot.

We had a '96 Chevy Trailblazer that had been a demo and it just seemed to always have something wrong with it. But they were all covered by the warranty. As soon as it was out of warranty, we traded it in for a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee --- which was a completely trouble-free vehicle for us.

Having said that ... I did get a great deal on the demo and I got a fair trade amount three years later. So other than the inconvenience of a few extra trips to the dealership, I came out just fine in the long run.

#8 ·
Save the money if not going to keep past warranty or if you buy extended coverage. Especially with these cars. There isn't any difference. Get what you like but that is a LOT of money to lose right off the lot, if you don't have to...

Let us know!

#9 ·
2400 means a dealers manager's car.
My 11 ram had 8000km on it when i bought it. Found out after it was a demo ?. 8000km...but 450 hours!! So it must have idled a ton.

45000$ new....27k$ when i drove it away. F'd that 4wd reg cabs are ext cab money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.