Upgrade to a 5.7 R/T Plus - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger R/T Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T model.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
jpferry315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 72
Thanks: 30
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Upgrade to a 5.7 R/T Plus

I was down at my local dealer getting the oil changed on my 2017 SXT Plus and see they finally got a couple of R/T Plus cars in stock. I took one for a spin and have to say it won't be long till I talk myself into it. I figured I could get some more motivation here. I have a company car for work so my SXT is a weekend driver with about 7K in 2 years. I did all the bolt on mods and have her looking pretty mean. Pitch Black with blacktop package. I could always lease now to get into the car and buy it out after. I'm breaking even on my SXT so not underwater. Just had to vent cause this will overrun my mind that I have to have it. I just love the V8 active exhaust note. Still needs to be lower so another set of springs will be a must. Thanks for letting me vent.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 Challenger SXT Plus in Pitch Black,K&H CAI, Flowmaster Cat back exhaust, Pedal Commander, Eibach Pro kit springs. Challenger bright sill plates.
jpferry315 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Frank Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,151
Thanks: 775
Thanked 825 Times in 627 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpferry315 View Post
I was down at my local dealer getting the oil changed on my 2017 SXT Plus and see they finally got a couple of R/T Plus cars in stock. I took one for a spin and have to say it won't be long till I talk myself into it. I figured I could get some more motivation here. I have a company car for work so my SXT is a weekend driver with about 7K in 2 years. I did all the bolt on mods and have her looking pretty mean. Pitch Black with blacktop package. I could always lease now to get into the car and buy it out after. I'm breaking even on my SXT so not underwater. Just had to vent cause this will overrun my mind that I have to have it. I just love the V8 active exhaust note. Still needs to be lower so another set of springs will be a must. Thanks for letting me vent.
See if you can get the dealer to install Mopar Stage 1 springs on the R/T as a condition to buying it. (Like they throw in mudflaps if you ask).
Frank Julian is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Julian For This Useful Post:
jpferry315 (05-21-2019)
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
jpferry315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 72
Thanks: 30
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Good Idea. The Stage 1 on an R/T should be about a 1 inch drop. I did the Eibach Pro kit and dropped the SXT 1.5 inch. Thanks for the idea.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jpferry315 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
O.J.Sakuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 315
Thanks: 134
Thanked 73 Times in 54 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My dealership offers me free oil change for this exact reason. I try not to look and stay in the service area. There is a green one that reminds me of my uncle's Barracuda.

If you can afford it, get it. Know that they will profit from the new one, and you will "loose" money on the old. You sound like you already know what you are doing.

Challenger is a car to enjoy.

Go for it.

2016 SXT Plus PCP. My name is James. My friends call me "O.J." - Oriental James.
O.J.Sakuma is offline  
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
jpferry315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 72
Thanks: 30
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J.Sakuma View Post
My dealership offers me free oil change for this exact reason. I try not to look and stay in the service area. There is a green one that reminds me of my uncle's Barracuda.

If you can afford it, get it. Know that they will profit from the new one, and you will "lose" money on the old. You sound like you already know what you are doing.

Challenger is a car to enjoy.

Go for it.
Yes, the nature of the car dealer. But hey you only live once. I'm heading down now to get some real numbers. I know to the dealer my mods are worthless, but I'm sure they will profit from them when they sell my SXT. I may or may not pull the trigger tonight but get some numbers. My car should bring 22k wholesale and at least 3k off the new one. Will report back.
jpferry315 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jpferry315 For This Useful Post:
silver scat (05-21-2019)
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:25 PM
Senior Member
 
hemi4us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,451
Thanks: 108
Thanked 327 Times in 278 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
many dealers dont like any mods done and it will hamper resale, so dont be surprised if they come back with an offer for less than expected.
Others dont care eitherway.
Exhaust mods or anything violating emissions, or safety is a no go, even in less restricted states..in which case, I hope you saved your oem parts, ask me how I know..lol
best of luck, hope you snag the R/T!!

2015 Mods:
Hellcat Intake w/ AEM hi-flow filter.
GenPartsCo-USA D.I.P.S. air catcher screens.
Axis Model II's.
Firestone Indy 275/40/20
Rolling Thunder Reso delete.
Exteremevinyls side marker tints.
GPC Trunk Pull Handle.
Spare/Jack/Foam Delete.
GPC Phantoms.
Mopar O.E. Black Fuel Door.
Hellcat OE. ABS Cover.
Rear Seat Delete.
2014 Dodge Viper Seats.
Custom Fire Extinguisher & Mount.
hemi4us is offline  
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
jpferry315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 72
Thanks: 30
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi4us View Post
many dealers dont like any mods done and it will hamper resale, so dont be surprised if they come back with an offer for less than expected.
Others dont care eitherway.
Exhaust mods or anything violating emissions, or safety is a no go, even in less restricted states..in which case, I hope you saved your oem parts, ask me how I know..lol
best of luck, hope you snag the R/T!!
I just did a cat back, CAI, and springs and have all OEM parts in the garage but true they will usually hit you but nothing that made a warranty impact and could be changed back to stock if needed and with OEM parts I should not expect too much of a mod impact on the trade value. I may even try to list it myself as its a decent looking SXT Plus with less than 7k on it and get fair retail. Good to have options.
jpferry315 is offline  
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex
Posts: 4,031
Thanks: 905
Thanked 1,354 Times in 982 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If it were me, I’d take the Eibach springs off the old one and put them on the new one.

2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg. (2018 - ?)
-- The Bacon Hauler
------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Challenger Rallye Redline (2015 - 2018)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)
Nuke is offline  
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
jpferry315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 72
Thanks: 30
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
If it were me, I’d take the Eibach springs off the old one and put them on the new one.


Great idea. The SXT plus and R/T I believe they will fit. I like the 1.5 drop as its close in stance to an SRT8.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpferry315; 05-22-2019 at 04:54 AM.
jpferry315 is offline  
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Frank Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,151
Thanks: 775
Thanked 825 Times in 627 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpferry315 View Post
I just did a cat back, CAI, and springs and have all OEM parts in the garage but true they will usually hit you but nothing that made a warranty impact and could be changed back to stock if needed and with OEM parts I should not expect too much of a mod impact on the trade value. I may even try to list it myself as its a decent looking SXT Plus with less than 7k on it and get fair retail. Good to have options.
you could put your original springs back on your car before trading it in and then have them swapped on the R/T. Advantage, cost of springs plus you do not need to wait for them to settle to get an alignment done.
Frank Julian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mid-West Owner List Venthos Mid-West 285 05-04-2019 07:53 AM
This years May meet Hell2pay Ontario 32 05-22-2013 04:59 PM
R/T or SRT exhaust upgrade Envy Performance Modifications 3 04-08-2013 08:39 PM
2013 Challenger R/T Redline ResumeSpeed General Challenger Discussion 15 02-05-2013 06:44 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome