HP Tuners - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 10:12 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are you going to support the 2017 3.6? What about the code that was or is getting set telling the dealer we've swapped PCM's.

If you want to race, just drive 500 miles on a single tank first
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostviking View Post
Are you going to support the 2017 3.6? What about the code that was or is getting set telling the dealer we've swapped PCM's.
If you are asking about support for 2017 3.6 Dodge Challenger we already support this vehicle, you can see all of the vehicles we support on our vehicle list here https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/
I'm not sure which code you are referring to but we do not hide the fact that we have made changes to the pcm or that a vehicle is tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
Will HP tuners work with a Livernois unlocked PCM?

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP622000
It may or may not work, we do not do anything to prevent it from working but we also cannot guarantee that it will.

HP Tuners Marketing Team
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 06:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPTuners View Post
If you are asking about support for 2017 3.6 Dodge Challenger we already support this vehicle, you can see all of the vehicles we support on our vehicle list here https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/
I'm not sure which code you are referring to but we do not hide the fact that we have made changes to the pcm or that a vehicle is tuned.

I'm talking about the P1400 code; Aftermarket Calibration Detected - Verify warranty coverage. It gets set in another module on the car, so even if you keep your stock PCM and put it back in when you go for service, you get your warranty voided. It doesn't matter if there is anything wrong, you just loose your warranty. You can find lots of information about this on the Diablo site for one.

Defeats the whole purpose of keeping your stock PCM intact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 07:03 AM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
I never liked the idea of swapping the original PCM in the car as it would be dishonesty on my part. I basically made the decision to lose the warranty once I started modifying the car. BTW - there was always the risk that the dealership could look for a mileage difference between the BCM and PCM.

You don't have to go the the DS site, there is a link about it here.
https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...tected-530665/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	926055  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Challenger RT+ (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 07:58 AM

I hear you Chally. That's why I'm scanning, reading, learning, but not flashing anything yet.

Not quite ready to lose my warranty.

But there is another part of me that doesn't see the connection between a failed water pump, lifter, etc and a tune. US Law states that the warranty should only be restricted for things related to the modification. But good luck winning that fight. That would be why I'd want to keep the tune.... less visible when and if I decide to take that leap.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:09 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
But there is another part of me that doesn't see the connection between a failed water pump, lifter, etc and a tune. US Law states that the warranty should only be restricted for things related to the modification.
Well most tunes bump up the RPM limit so I am sure the dealership will cite that as the reason pumps/lifters fail. Heck I tried to get the dealership to fix the rear diff whine and noisy lifters under warranty when the car was stock and they wouldn't. That was when I was like "FU Joe Boo...I do it myself".

BTW I was looking through my tune and saw P1400 had SES enabled but not MIL. Folks say it is stored by the BCM but wonder if you disable the SES on the PCM if it goes away?

I have tried reading my DTCs with my buddies high end scan tool and nothing comes up. Could it be that only a witech FCA scan tool can see it? Wonder if the folks on the HP tuners forum know about this?

What is interesting is the guys on the HC forum say HP scanner can detect the P1400 code. Oh and it looks like the HP community knows about the code.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post460595
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	926147  

Last edited by ChallyTatum; 07-19-2018 at 10:20 PM.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 02:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPTuners View Post
Have had an account on the website for a while but I don't think anyone ever made an introductory post. If anyone is interested about HP Tuners or has any questions feel free to reach out. Always willing to help or inform about our product.
No questions but I'll chime in that I believe I was one of the early users of HPTuners on the Challenger. I have never paid for a tune but I know my 5.7 was one of the fastest NA and is currently one of the fastest non-forged 5.7's. The majority of the credit goes to the cability of HP Tuners.

The general talk on here and Facebook is about safe boost levels in these cars but safe is a term relative to your knowledge of what unsafe is. If you can control heat, you can set up a safe, yet aggressive tune to push the little 5.7 into the 10's. I hit a 10.96 last fall and since then I corrected terrible shift points and I also found that the line to my bbv was leaking, keeping me out of boost in 1st gear. I think I can get this car to a 10.6 this fall. ;-) Thanks HP Tuners.

____________________________________________________________ __

2013 RT Plus | Whipple, JG Stage 1 high lift cam, JBA Long tubes and catless mids, 3" Heartthrob exhaust, HP Tuners, and FTI 3000-3200
2016: 12.09 @112 - 1.62 60ft NA
2017: 10.96 @125 - 1.58 60ft Whipple
The Following User Says Thank You to Pector55 For This Useful Post:
HPTuners (07-30-2018)
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pector55 View Post
No questions but I'll chime in that I believe I was one of the early users of HPTuners on the Challenger. I have never paid for a tune but I know my 5.7 was one of the fastest NA and is currently one of the fastest non-forged 5.7's. The majority of the credit goes to the cability of HP Tuners.

The general talk on here and Facebook is about safe boost levels in these cars but safe is a term relative to your knowledge of what unsafe is. If you can control heat, you can set up a safe, yet aggressive tune to push the little 5.7 into the 10's. I hit a 10.96 last fall and since then I corrected terrible shift points and I also found that the line to my bbv was leaking, keeping me out of boost in 1st gear. I think I can get this car to a 10.6 this fall. ;-) Thanks HP Tuners.

Damn that’s moving! Nothing better than being able to tune your car yourself, with great results to back it up. Did you do any tuning school courses to learn how to tune or just read forums and trial & error?

I wish the 6.4 was as boost tolerant as the 5.7. It seems that more than 6-7# on the stock bottom and the 6.4 is not a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 08:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcitygymratt View Post
Damn that’s moving! Nothing better than being able to tune your car yourself, with great results to back it up. Did you do any tuning school courses to learn how to tune or just read forums and trial & error?

I wish the 6.4 was as boost tolerant as the 5.7. It seems that more than 6-7# on the stock bottom and the 6.4 is not a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I learned to tune on an old Grand Prix I played with. The car was 165 whp stock. With my Novi2000 at 18psi, I was in the 400s. Then I added a turbo and that car was just uncivilized. I never got that to the track or dyno. I did't bother because I know the trans wouldn't put up with it. I think it was in the 600 whp range and being front wheel drive, it was not really a safe thing to do on the street.

Back then, we initially learned on a tuner that was developed specifically for that car. In the forums, the guy who developed the tuner provided great feedback on how to tune. Being a GM we learned MAF tuning but later, a lot of us wanted to learn how to disconnect the MAF and do VE tuning. The Challenger was my first Dodge so I was really puzzled at why nothing I was doing was changing the tuning until I read up about how Dodge uses neural networks to try to calculate the heck out of things. I disabled that and have had no trouble dialing in my car and my buddy's '14 Charger. We both modded NA, then he bought a ProCharger and I bought a used Whipple. I had to figure those tunes out from scratch so that took me a few weeks. The key is to understands the basics. IMO part throttle - learn fuel trims and how to either adjust the fuel via Maf scaling, VE tables, or even injector scaling with ANN on. Full throttle, no matter what anyone says, use a wideband and learn to adjust the PE tables (aircharge and PRatio) or scale injectors with ANN on. Next, play with spark advance and tolerate zero knock. Finally, you can mess with all the other little stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Vendors > HP Tuners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode