Availalbe Performance Mods 2010SE - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
1) Run 89 octane instead of 87 (regardless of whether or not you do #3).
To show how un-smart I was, when I bought my '09 SE, I ran 87 octane gas in it for over a year before I read the owner's manual. Then when I did, I was surprised to see that 89 octane was preferred, but 87 was acceptable. With my '09, it had a 4 speed transmission, and there were bogs at times between 2nd and 3rd, or 3rd and 4th if I was going up a hill. I mean... You needed to hit the gas harder to get it to downshift again, then I was fine. With a 2010, at least he has 5 speeds. Hopefully his bogs are nothing like I experienced.

2016 SXT+ Airaid CAI. Fastman ported throttle body. Bright pedals. Billet Technology catch can. Petty front shock tower brace. 1 of 524 Plumb-crazy SXT's for 2016.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
thanks Nuke
I am going to be looking into this...I must say it is freaking amazing to have a forum like this for noobs like me. I do understand I am fairly limited with the 3.5L and am very appreciative for you to take the time to give some guidance....

Eddie
2010 SE, Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,364 Times in 989 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VallejoNative45 View Post
thanks Nuke
I am going to be looking into this...I must say it is freaking amazing to have a forum like this for noobs like me. I do understand I am fairly limited with the 3.5L and am very appreciative for you to take the time to give some guidance....
Something else you should consider is an exhaust upgrade, i.e. get rid of the stock suitcase muffler and resonator so it's not whisper quiet anymore when running. I personally recommend a Jones Full Boar muffler as a replacement, but there are many others out there.

This won't technically add any performance, but it will make the car sound better, and as a result it will be more fun to drive IMHO.

Here's some links to posts I've made on this subject in the past:

https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...2/#post7935754

https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...ml#post7701913

https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...pgrade-444697/

If you search this site for posts by Nuke using the keyword JFB or Jones Full Boar, you will get many, many more hits on this topic.

NOTE 1: using that search above, you will run across a lot of posts on this site where I talk about upgrading the exhaust on my Challenger to use a JFB muffler. However, not all of the posts will apply to your situation. I had 2 different v6 Challengers and did the upgrade to both, but only one was a 3.5L like yours. As such, only those posts will truly apply to your situation. All the links I pasted above are either specific to my 2010 with the 3.5L or have information in them regarding the 3.5L, so you're good to go with those to start out.

NOTE 2: I just updated the post I referenced in my previous reply to include some external links to writeups on changing the spark plugs in the 3.5L I never did a write up on that, so I didn't have any ChallengerTalk links to paste in when I originally made that linked-to post. Now it points to others' write-ups or videos on the spark plug maintenance that exist on external sites.

Nuke

2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg. (2018 - ?)
-- The Bacon Hauler
------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Challenger Rallye Redline (2015 - 2018)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Nuke
one more thing your post "Some Useful Links for a 3.5L Challenger " is amazing.....great info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode