How old is the average S/E, SXT owner? - Page 14 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 134 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No I added the K&N cold intake and the Mr Muscle 3.5 throttle body so horse power should be around 320. I've just added more replacement front end bars and joints but that's it. Drive train all original, run nothing but Mobil 1 synthetic oil and she gets whatever she needs. These Pentastars are amazing for sure. Original belts and no coolant leaks either. Serviced the air once couple years ago with a new thermostat. Had to replace the fuse box because of some corrosion under it probably moisture splashing in there. About to go to the dealer for a tranny service again - you should see the crowd gather round when they find out there's a Challenger in the service bay with this kind of distance on it. Paint still good, driver seat shows minimal wear, added a pistol grip and sequential tail lights first year. Best damn car I ever owned!
The Following User Says Thank You to RobBerry For This Useful Post:
MEKrunner (06-18-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 01:27 AM

How old is the average S/E, SXT owner?

I’m 26 dude and have a 2018 SXT with blacktop package. 18K miles. I’m scared I have hurt my baby.

I like a stupid kid, added an aftermarket amp/sub. Since leaving the install place the car seems sluggish. Even pulled 29 to reset tranny for extra weight.

Help? I can’t hurt my baby!!

Pic included for some ego boost comments
M

Last edited by volcomguy5219; 07-06-2019 at 01:39 AM.
post #133 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:07 AM

Sweet looking SXT. I love the color!

Plenty of peeps have added aftermarket audio and this is the first that I have heard of this type of issue. Obviously a powah (sorry Boston accent) drain of some sort.

A couple of things that come to mind worth checking if you have not already...

- Was the OEM audio / subwoofer harness reused or was another line run? Maybe this was an addition?

- How much powah is the sub pulling?

- What happens if you pull the fuse / remove powah to the new sub? Does the powah return to normal?

- Have you googled the issue along with the sub model to see if others are experiencing similar degradation in a performance car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 02:32 AM

I’ve done some googling and nothing pops out as glaringly obvious.

Thanks Boston, I’ve always had a thing for Bostonians in boxa’ shorts, hope that came across right with accent lol. But no one seems to show the same problem, my best theoretical guess would be the sub and amp steal away enough power from the system that the electronic engine controls are not functioning 100% properly, ie. Fuel injectors giving 90%, etc. I saw this diagram on another site and was curious if this could be the mechanism behind some of the issues?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6023.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	948621

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode