Part 1 of Sprintex supercharger install - Page 6 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 09:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman98 View Post
Thank you dd, yea I think the valve is good since the moment I put everything together the hose collapsed. Plus the car has only 6000 miles. I doubt the valve is bad, but I'll check. The hose sprintex provided is a heater hose and I've read on a couple sites that using a fuel or heater hose on the pcv would collapse it. And to get a vacuum hose or manufacture pcv hose.

The only thing is.... When I put my factory hose on I had some hesitation. When I hit the gas, it fell on its face for a second and then took off. How would I fix this..

You can put the factory hose on and leave it on, you know it's proper and doing it's job right.

As far as the hesitation that's it's own issue, I know you said you put the stock hose on and it fell on it's face, question then becomes you would have known the difference to start with if you had a proper hose on the pcv and you always would have had that hesitation? or maybe not, depending on the tune you got, if they gave you the anne tune which is a self learning kind of tune, it learned to deal with the collapse hose, now that it's right, the engine acts slightly different and the anne tune is seeing a slightly different read and will over time make adjustments. The hesitation could have always been there and the collapse tube just masked it.

Either way, run the stock tube, then with your tuner unload your tune and put the stock tune in it, then you can pull the negative off the battery and let it sit for several hours/ or as long as you can, then reconnect it the battery and down load your sprintex tune.

Basically start over from scratch. As if you just put the supercharger in, remember you have had some small issues tearing it apart and fixing issues, now that all is fix, put the stock tune back in it, disconnect the battery as if you was installing the supercharger, wait for everything to de energize and hook back up then load in the sprintex tune. give that a try and see how things go. Everything is being refreshed as if yo u just installed a proper blower with no issues.

And don't forget to top off the intercooler coolant while waiting.

Hope this helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Challenger SXT 3.6, new 1/31/13, Sprintex S/C 60mm pulley,15lbs boost,BT catch can,180*stat,ported lower intake and TB,custom head tubes,mid pipes/stock cats,Corsa 2 3/4"catback,Htuner TCM,3.90 gear,[email protected] 1.7860ft 2980ft DA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
That is so simple and makes so much sense. I think I "couldn't see the forest for the trees "-hope you've heard that before or else I sound like an idiot.. I'm going to do that today. Thank you.

'17 Challenger SXT with a Sprintex supercharger, 2.5 inch exhaust w/flowmaster super 44 series, SRT-8 front spoiler-0-60 in 4.4 seconds.
post #53 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 07:43 PM

I was reading some of your posts on another board, talking about exhaust, come off the cats with 2 3/4" pipe and go out to the rear with it. 2 3/4" will flow the volume of air you are now pushing out the engine with the supercharger and gives you a little room for hp growth. If memory serves right I think 2 3/4" pipe (dual) will allow up to 550 gross hp, 3.6 with the sprintex under great conditions break the 500 hp gross status so this gives you some room to grow.

As far as the killer chiller- i think it's called, another person spent the money for this install and netted zero e.t improvement and netted zero on trap speed. it was a waste of money.

you would be better served installing a hellcat supercharger coolant reservoir, the tank bolts right in and you only need to make some custom hoses to finish the install and this increases the coolant volume to keep inlet temps down longer.

Another thing to do is a meth injection kit.

between these two mods you will gain more than the killer chiller and probably spend less money.

Just thought I would share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 08:29 PM

Just in case you have not seen this chart.
How To Calculate Muffler Size and Exhaust Pipe Diameter | Exhaust Videos

I have done the math and did the research on pipe sizes and spent a lot of time to make sure I was picking the correct size for the v6 with supercharger and this chart is fairly close to what I came up with. So I would hope you would take the 2 3/4" into consideration. the 2 3/4" fits perfect right off the the stock cats, make the cut just right for a nice smooth transition. as far as I could tell when I was doing this work on the exhaust the stock cats wouldn't be able to handle anything bigger than 2 3/4".

Now later on if you want to tinker the pipe before the cat, head to cat can be replaced with larger pipe as well, this really gets into some custom exhaust work making this transition, I spent several weeks building my own "head tubes", you could buy 2 3/4" u bend pipe and cut in half and squeeze it down to match the rectangle mounting flange...................anyways probably getting way ahead of myself on how this is done.

But the point is your entire exhaust system can be all 2 3/4" to really let that engine breath, just be aware of mufflers, use straight thru design to keep velocity up, using baffled mufflers like flowmasters you just thru a monkey wrench into the whole mess and you are working backwards, exhaust is about volume and velocity speeds for best hp. Baffles are for sound control and they destroy velocity. Just saying muffler choice can help or hinder you.

hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to ddeennis For This Useful Post:
BigDirt (06-17-2018)
post #55 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thank you sir. That is great info. I will consider the 2 3/4 inch. I have a guy who can do some great custom work and he gives cops in my town a discount. I am staying away from the baffled mufflers/Flowmaster.. I'll let you know how it turns out.
post #56 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 06:00 AM

Any updates?
post #57 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hey bud, well I had an issue with my Trinity 2 tuner last week and it took till yesterday to get it fixed. The tuner would not tune my vehicle so for two days I was on the phone with diablosport. I had to reset the pcm to stock, get a recalibration file and then put the sprintex tune back in. I had disconnected my battery last week for a day with the remote far away. (I don't think that was the cause for the tuner freak out) but with the tune back in there is no more hesitation. So like you said, disconnecting the battery looks like it worked. I still have my stock pcv tube and I was going to try to get another "shorter" tube from a performance shop to replace my stock tube. But I don't want to mess up what the car is doing-which is running great...

One quick question about the intercooler coolant, how do I make sure the coolant is at the right level.. Because unfortunately when I had to put the new supercharger unit in, I didn't drain the whole intercooler. I just drained the sc and I had a lot of spillage so I don't know how much of the 1.9L is in there. I've been adding coolant, but I don't want to overfill. So how do I know it has the right amount in?
post #58 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman98 View Post
Hey bud, well I had an issue with my Trinity 2 tuner last week and it took till yesterday to get it fixed. The tuner would not tune my vehicle so for two days I was on the phone with diablosport. I had to reset the pcm to stock, get a recalibration file and then put the sprintex tune back in. I had disconnected my battery last week for a day with the remote far away. (I don't think that was the cause for the tuner freak out) but with the tune back in there is no more hesitation. So like you said, disconnecting the battery looks like it worked. I still have my stock pcv tube and I was going to try to get another "shorter" tube from a performance shop to replace my stock tube. But I don't want to mess up what the car is doing-which is running great...

One quick question about the intercooler coolant, how do I make sure the coolant is at the right level.. Because unfortunately when I had to put the new supercharger unit in, I didn't drain the whole intercooler. I just drained the sc and I had a lot of spillage so I don't know how much of the 1.9L is in there. I've been adding coolant, but I don't want to overfill. So how do I know it has the right amount in?

That's the problem with sprintex intercooler, this is where they really cheaped out , let me stress you can not overfill the unit!, when you take the cap off, if it's not filled to the top your low. there must be no air in the system, air does not transfer heat, the more air in the system the less efficient your intercooler is the more knock you will get. This is why I said earlier it takes a long time to fill up. need to check everyday and keep adding fluid til it stops taking it.

Sprintex did not provide a coolant tank to keep the air out of the system, so the best thing to do is buy the hellcat tank and hose that into the system, so not only do you get all the air out of the system you also get more capacity of fluid which takes longer to heat up while under load which helps to keep knock at bay for a little longer.

Hope this helps.
post #59 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for that advice and where did you get the tank and hoses? Are you talking about a hellcat intercooler or just the overflow tank? Also I saw a hellcat water pump with water cooler for 895.. A little expensive.

I'm going to the track next Saturday and getting a dyno for $100 (3 pulls) on July 31st. So I'll let you know my numbers.
post #60 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hey dd, where does that half moon metal bracket go? I ended up not using it because I couldn't find it in the instructions anywhere. Did I screw something up? Also what intercooler did you use and where did you get it? What do you think about water/meth injections? Or should I get the killerchiller-that thing is expensive though. Sorry for all the questions. I'm getting off work and it was slow tonight. Thanks man.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1196.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	924803  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode