Radio Issue Getting Worse - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger SE/SXT model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Angry Radio Issue Getting Worse

Over the past couple of months I have been having radio issues in my '12 SXT. At first the FM and AM stopped working but the Sat radio would still work. This morning went to leave for work and now the Sat doesn't work. When on any of those three modes, the volume knob on the radio and on the back of the steering wheel do not do anything. You can turn the know and press the button and the volume doesn't appear on the screen. Is this a sign that a new radio is needed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 01:40 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfarrell228 View Post
Over the past couple of months I have been having radio issues in my '12 SXT. At first the FM and AM stopped working but the Sat radio would still work. This morning went to leave for work and now the Sat doesn't work. When on any of those three modes, the volume knob on the radio and on the back of the steering wheel do not do anything. You can turn the know and press the button and the volume doesn't appear on the screen. Is this a sign that a new radio is needed?
Yes. It sounds like your radio was slowly dying. The AM/FM stations have a different antenna than the SAT.

2016 SXT+ Airaid CAI. Fastman ported throttle body. Bright pedals. Billet Technology catch can. Petty front shock tower brace. 1 of 524 Plumb-crazy SXT's for 2016.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Damn. AM/FM stopped working months ago, and SAT yesterday. Haven't tried aux port or bluetooth yet. Is it something I can just swap in a new radio?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:22 PM

yep, head unit is bricking out..it will slowly get worse until nothing operates/or unit fails to come on/load up at all.
like you, I waited and when mine finally went, it took sport mode and a few other non-radio related functions with it (have no idea how/why) which then required dealer intervention.
I believe its a simple swap if you're staying with the same exact head unit. I would stongly suggest you dont let it totally crap out.

2015 Mods:
Hellcat Intake w/ AEM hi-flow filter.
GenPartsCo-USA D.I.P.S. air catcher screens.
Axis Model II's.
Firestone Indy 275/40/20
Rolling Thunder Reso delete.
GPC Trunk Pull Handle.
Spare/Jack/Foam Delete.
GPC Phantoms.
Mopar O.E. Black Fuel Door.
Hellcat OE. ABS Cover.
Rear Seat Delete.
2014 Dodge Viper Seats.
Custom Fire Extinguisher & Mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SE/SXT Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode