Center Console Protector - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Center Console Protector

Sooo, just sold my 2015 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker and ordered a brand new 2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody - Plum Crazy - Black Hood - All the options. Now I gotta wait 8 weeks....gonna be tough!

So here's the thing. Loved my Shaker, BUT the center console between the automatic shifter and the center arm rest, where the two cup holders are got all dinged up on my 2015 and scratched. Mostly from me hitting it with the seat belt buckle as I was putting it on. It bothered me. Well I'm getting my custom hellcat and I don't want to repeat that, but I'm sure I will. I was thinking of making a custom, super thin, carbon fiber over lay to protect it. On my 2015 not a scratch anywhere inside except for that area.

Anyone have any other solutions or suggestions? I could make them for sale if they work, look nice and stay put.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,776 Times in 2,856 Posts
Garage
If you want CF, I can't advise, but for just protection some PPF would cover and not be obvious

A Guy

Actually, I do have a suggestion if want CF

https://www.luxeautoconcepts.net/col...heet-wrap-kits

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.

Last edited by A Guy; 05-11-2019 at 12:36 AM. Reason: On second thought...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ah yes the carbon fiber sticker stuff, forgot about that.

What's PPF? I assume some kind of clear film?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,776 Times in 2,856 Posts
Garage
Paint Protection Film, like XPEL, etc. Clear film with healing properties. You can buy it by length and width to suit your needs. It wouldn't be expensive

https://www.xpel.com/ULTIMATE-PLUS-P...-Custom-Length

A Guy
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Cool. Thanks.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:18 PM

I dinged the center console on my '19 recently. Car had less than 100 miles and I see this ding in the console right next to the shifter. Took me several days to figure out that my dumb a$$ did it with the seat belt. I don't think PPF is thick enough to prevent it but I might have to give it a shot. Damn ding bothers me every time I see it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
DOOODE, right there with ya. it's the dam seat belt, maybe it's a sign and we should get 5 point racing harness?

Yeah when I bought my 2015 R/T Shaker it already had a small one there right off the dealer lot. I asked them to replace the console, but in the end just got like a free maintenance. But then I did it quite a few more times.

That's why I orginally thought a nice looking carbon fiber plate. I'll keep you updated. I like the idea of the carbon fiber sticker, but I don't really want a sticky back on the console either. I'll have to think about it. I have a machine shop so I'm gonna design a cool cell phone holder that goes in one of the cup holders. Something sleek that will keep the phone from bouncing around at 190mph....i mean 10 below the speed limit
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:12 AM

Garage
You could just put a small throw pillow over the console or maybe adding a soft cover to the buckle itself to prevent the issue entirely.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:39 AM

Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,707 Posts
Garage
Operator error. It doesn't take much to gently pull and aim, rather than yank and dive bomb.

A bull in a china shop always results in some damage.

Just saying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Past: 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T "Classic" RIP Old Buddy 6/4/15

The Present: 2016 R/T Scat Pack. Factory Options: B5 Blue, 24G Package(A8), WRT Wheels, and Modern R/T Hood Stripe. Engine HP Mods: None Needed. HC Air Box/Tube; DIPs Screen; BT Catch Can; Mopar front Brace;"TA" style side stripes; Mopar '10 Center Caps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode