Performance seats - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Interior Discussion / Modifications If you are interested in modifying your Dodge Challenger's interior, this is the place to talk about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Performance seats

This might be a silly question but are the Scat Pack performance seats the same size and shape as the Hellcat seats? Looking at pictures online they look the same but I need a confirmation.
I am getting ready to order some Coverking seat covers but they do not list the Scat Pack only the Hellcat.

Thanks for the help.

2018 Challenger F8 Scat Pack 392 M6

IG f8dragon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,355 Times in 2,569 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8Dragon View Post
This might be a silly question but are the Scat Pack performance seats the same size and shape as the Hellcat seats? Looking at pictures online they look the same but I need a confirmation.
I am getting ready to order some Coverking seat covers but they do not list the Scat Pack only the Hellcat.

Thanks for the help.
The Scat Pack seats appear to have the same larger bolsters as the SRT (SRT 392, Hellcat).

The SXT and R/T seats have smaller back rest and seat bolsters compared to the Performance seats

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:33 PM

F8Dragon, did you order the Coverking seat covers? (and did they end up fitting?)

I had exactly the same question... even called Coverking customer support, but the person I spoke to seemed like she was just reading the product description verbatim, not really going the extra mile to think the issue through.

Oddly enough, the Coverking website seems to suggest that the second row (rear) seat covers won't fit a Scat Pack at all. If anything, I would have thought the rear seats are standard across all the Challenger models...

2016 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker, GoMango

Speedlogix catch can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiPoweredDrone View Post
F8Dragon, did you order the Coverking seat covers? (and did they end up fitting?)

I had exactly the same question... even called Coverking customer support, but the person I spoke to seemed like she was just reading the product description verbatim, not really going the extra mile to think the issue through.

Oddly enough, the Coverking website seems to suggest that the second row (rear) seat covers won't fit a Scat Pack at all. If anything, I would have thought the rear seats are standard across all the Challenger models...
I have not ordered anything yet.
Even though I believe the covers will fit I am not going to buy them till the manufacturer guarantees that they will fit.
The Following User Says Thank You to F8Dragon For This Useful Post:
HemiPoweredDrone (05-19-2019)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:47 PM

Ive sat in seats from the rt up to a brand new hellcat on the floor...

It just seems like stitching and material is the main difference. Maybe a hair tighter bolstering, but these seats were made for comfort. Ide suggest some nice recaro sportsters if you wanna keep that oem look but have a tighter fit
The Following User Says Thank You to trippytro For This Useful Post:
HemiPoweredDrone (05-19-2019)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8Dragon View Post
I have not ordered anything yet.
Even though I believe the covers will fit I am not going to buy them till the manufacturer guarantees that they will fit.

Thanks! I'm going to check with CoverKing again and see if I can talk to an actual designer or someone who has more hands-on experience, and will post my findings in this thread for whoever might be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytro View Post

It just seems like stitching and material is the main difference. Maybe a hair tighter bolstering, but these seats were made for comfort. Ide suggest some nice recaro sportsters if you wanna keep that oem look but have a tighter fit
Thanks to you too. I'll take a look at the recaros as well. For some reason CoverKing was all I came up with in my initial search for custom fit seat covers, but it's nice to know there are other options.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytro View Post

Thanks for the info but last I checked they only made seats not seat covers like what I am looking for.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 07:44 AM

Its been a while, but I think the SRT's/Hellcats with the Laguna leather, are actually different seats than the standard alcantara coverd ones.
The stitching and patterns are different for sure. The side bolsters seemed larger. There was a few threads about the differences years back.
I remember it went into detail on how to enter and exit a car equipped w/Laguna leather , so as not to break down/damage the inner foam in the bolsters.
I followed those tips when I had my Laguna equipped 15 SRT 392.

2013 BOSS 302 Mustang, School Bus Yellow, 6spd, Recaros, Torsen diff w/3:73's, Summer Pirelli's, Side exhaust Uncorked!...Current Ride.

2015 SRT 392, Billet Silver w/blk stripes, A8, Sunroof, Blk Laguna, Tech, Nav, Red seat belts, Summer Pirelli's... SOLD!

2012 Mustang GT Premium, Performance White, Blk leather, 6spd, Brembo performance package, 3:73's, Summer Pirelli's...SOLD!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 07:48 AM

As far as seat coverings, I have seen some pretty good looking Katzkin seat covers. Some looked real close to the factory Laguna.
There are so many color combos available, you would have to spend some time on there site. I'm sure they could help you out.

I'm sorry, I just re-read your thread. Are you looking to re-upholster your seats? Or are you simply looking to protect the ones you have w/a seat cover?

Last edited by SpeedShift; 05-20-2019 at 07:51 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,355 Times in 2,569 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedShift View Post
Its been a while, but I think the SRT's/Hellcats with the Laguna leather, are actually different seats than the standard alcantara coverd ones.
The stitching and patterns are different for sure. The side bolsters seemed larger. There was a few threads about the differences years back.
I remember it went into detail on how to enter and exit a car equipped w/Laguna leather , so as not to break down/damage the inner foam in the bolsters.
I followed those tips when I had my Laguna equipped 15 SRT 392.
the Scat Pack / SRT 392 / SRT Hellcat seats are the same - I just drove all three versions last week (I own a SPS).

The SRT steering wheels are chunkier than the Scat Pack version, one thing I noticed.

the Demonic Red Hellcat interior is really nice on the '18 'Cat WB I just serviced for friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Interior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode