I tried 2 new (to me) tire dressings... - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Detailing / Car Care Want to talk about detailing your Dodge Challenger? Are you fanatical about the care and upkeep of your Challenger? Tell us about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 02:11 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't understand how some of you are using an aerosol tire dressing. Doesn't it get on the rim, and maybe even the body of the car if it's windy?

I do it the hard way. Squirt tire dressing onto an applicator sponge. It isn't fun, but at least I know I'm putting the tire dressing where it should be.

2016 SXT+ Airaid CAI. Fastman ported throttle body. Bright pedals. Billet Technology catch can. Petty front shock tower brace. 1 of 524 Plumb-crazy SXT's for 2016.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 02:19 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
So no helicopters this morning, but it was cloudy here and I never see them when it’s cloudy. That doesn’t mean they weren’t actively keeping tabs on me though, as is evident in this pic I snapped earlier:
Attachment 898441

See there, 3 white cars all within spitting distance from me, BUSTED!! No way they are unrelated to each other and just happened to all be that close to me at the same time.

I bet you’re feeling pretty bad now about thinking I’m crazy, huh?!? I tried to tell you, but no body ever listens...
Nuke, please.

You can't just discriminate against a car because of their paint color.

I thought we were past this, no need to be a racerist.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
post #23 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,292 Times in 2,517 Posts
Garage
now if its a white color Prius - that's a ramming into opportunity...

Just ask Nuke (once he finishes that next bottle of Redline) he can tell you all about it.

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,422 Times in 2,617 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEKrunner View Post
I don't understand how some of you are using an aerosol tire dressing. Doesn't it get on the rim, and maybe even the body of the car if it's windy?

I do it the hard way. Squirt tire dressing onto an applicator sponge. It isn't fun, but at least I know I'm putting the tire dressing where it should be.
I assumed they sprayed it on the applicator, then applied. Otherwise it's back to the homemade wheel protectors made of cardboard I still have (for 15" wheels).

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #25 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,422 Times in 2,617 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Probably, but that doesn’t negate the fact that every morning on my way into work and every afternoon on my way home, I see at least one helicopter flying high above, and most likely keeping tabs on me I’m guessing.

Strangely enough I don’t see them on the weekends or even during the middle of the day on weekdays...but come Monday, there they’ll be at 8ish in the morning and again around 5ish that afternoon and the rest of the week days as well.

A Guy
post #26 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,315 Times in 954 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEKrunner View Post

I don't get it on the rim, my aim is true! As for the overspray in the wind, yes, that can be an issue if it's not planned for. I can avoid it for the most part, but there have been times where I've finished spraying the tires and wheel wells only to find little droplets have wafted onto the paint during a windy day.

applying it somewhere that has no wind is the key, like the car wash bay or the garage. Speaking of car washes, I've even applied the tire shine and wheel well sprays before I wash the paint if it is a windy day, that way I can wash off whatever overspray might get on it.

I've done the goopy liquids on an applicator before and I had my fill a long time ago. Give me aerosol or give death!

2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg. (2018 - ?)
-- The Bacon Hauler
------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Challenger Rallye Redline (2015 - 2018)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)
post #27 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
I assumed they sprayed it on the applicator, then applied. Otherwise it's back to the homemade wheel protectors made of cardboard I still have (for 15" wheels).

Wheel Shield for Dressing Tires - YouTube

A Guy
no, I no longer need those ever since I honed my spray pattern. Now, I can circumcise a gnat at 30 feet with my tire shine and never get a drop on my rims or surrounding trim!!
post #28 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post
Nuke, please.

You can't just discriminate against a car because of their paint color.

I thought we were past this, no need to be a racerist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal H View Post
now if its a white color Prius - that's a ramming into opportunity...

Just ask Nuke (once he finishes that next bottle of Redline) he can tell you all about it.
Y'all are absolutely right, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm all better now, thanks for stopping by!

Challenger Log Entry v20180326 – Welp, I knew they would eventually track me down and plant someone in ChallengerTalk to monitor me and probably interact with me, and now I have proof they’ve done it. In fact, they appear to have multiple moles scattered throughout the membership, with a couple being straight-up fuzz.

The other turn-coats are obviously normal, hard-working folks like me, or they used to be anyway. But it is clear that the poor schlubs managed to get caught with their hand in the proverbial cookie jar somewhere and have now agreed to inform on my actions while on the forum, all in return for a more lenient sentence I am guessing. What a shame….They have my sympathy, but not my trust.

In fact, it is clear now that I can no longer trust anyone…things are going to get hairy pretty soon I suspect. As such, future log entries will likely be sporadic and increasingly non-sensical. It’s already hard to concentrate what with all the electronic noise they keep pumping into my brain from god-knows-where.

Which reminds me, I need to get more tin-foil the next time I go grocery shopping, as that last roll was all but used up making the emergency helmet for the bomb shelter.
Also, my homemade faraday cage doesn’t seem to be working very well. I can still feel them downloading my thoughts every night when I crawl into my trunk, errr, I mean my bomb shelter to try to sleep. It probably just needs another roll of chicken wire, I had better get more of that too when I’m out next.

Just in case I’m never heard from again, here are the conspirators I’ve uncovered so far:
@praiseV8 – he is definitely the fuzz; likely a veteran of whatever force he’s on, and probably a captain or something.
@Hal H – pretty sure he’s one of the poor schlubs they turned. I get the sense he doesn’t want them to capture me, but he has no choice but to help them catch me. Cut him some slack, leave his car in tact after its all done.
@A Guy – hard to know for sure if he’s a card carrying LEO, a gov’t spook, or one of the ones blackmailed into cooperation, but one thing’s for sure – he is after me. Maybe he’s a bounty hunter, that would be a refreshing change from the rest…
@......UH-OH, someone’s at the door...looks like the neighbor, but it won’t take me long to find out who he really is….BRB!!
post #29 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 05:28 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Okay bud, I think a few hours in the thinkbin outta sort you out.
post #30 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post

Okay bud, I think a few hours in the thinkbin outta sort you out.
HAHA!! Those dimestore intimidation tactics might work on the pimply faced teenagers you’re used to busting so you can confiscate their weed for yourself, but you’ll need to come at me a lot harder than that if you want ME to give up!

I got all the time in the world copper, pack a lunch and try again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Detailing / Car Care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode