Tiger Express Carwash = DENT - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Detailing / Car Care Want to talk about detailing your Dodge Challenger? Are you fanatical about the care and upkeep of your Challenger? Tell us about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Tiger Express Carwash = DENT

Left work, no dent. Swung through Tiger Express for the first time on way to work. Got to work, dent just about Super Bee on driver side. Ugh.

Has this happened to anyone else???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 09:48 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakester View Post
Left work, no dent. Swung through Tiger Express for the first time on way to work. Got to work, dent just about Super Bee on driver side. Ugh.

Has this happened to anyone else???
I think we had a member have a piece of the carwash break and hit his car, but he made his case at the carwash, so...

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 06:30 PM

I never take my R/T through a car wash. I just wash it myself at home. It's a lot of work but I know it's safe...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living my life....one quarter mile at a time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:10 AM

Garage
Since you drove through a car wash instead of messaging your own car I’m afraid we are going to have to confiscate it and issue you a Prius. Bad daddy. I even tape a note to my steering wheel for service appointments “Do not wash”.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 10:09 AM

Don't run your car through car washes. This kind of crap can happen. I only run my lease vehicles through the car wash. The cool cars I hand wash at home. Hopefully you can get a paintless dent repair guy to pull the dent out and then wash the car only by hand from now on.

Carl
11.44 @ 120.71mph w/ 1.63 60ft / -445ft DA
Dragstrip videos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I've had 2 cars I really cared about in the past, and yeah I detailed them all the time. Then I had cars I didn't care about and got used to just taking them through the carwash. I guess I need to get back to washing my own car. Just so many things to be done around the house. I live in the country, a mile down a rock road. All the rain causes a lot of road maintenance, I have a large garden to till and maintain, 3 acre yard to maintain, wood to cut in the fall, tractor, golf cart, ATV, jet skis, tiller, log splitter, wife's and 2 kid's vehicles all to maintain ... never enough time.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:06 PM
Premium Member

I haven't been to a drive through car wash since the 80's. I wasn't a car guy back then.

Yeah, if you care about your car, never let anything touch it but you. I know they have touch-less car washes now, but I can't comment on them.

2016 SXT+ Airaid CAI. Fastman ported throttle body. Bright pedals. Billet Technology catch can. Petty front shock tower brace. 1 of 524 Plumb-crazy SXT's for 2016.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Premium Member

I go touchless car-wash only and only when I can't get to it myself. Going through a car wash If you don't have a dent you will have major swirls and lines in your paint. It's very bad for the paint job!!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloud View Post
I go touchless car-wash only and only when I can't get to it myself. Going through a car wash If you don't have a dent you will have major swirls and lines in your paint. It's very bad for the paint job!!

Exactly! Especially if you have a darker color car. Mine is black and omg black shows every little imperfection! I won't let no one touch her...and I still don't trust the no-touch car washes. Never.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:54 PM

people run thier muddy 4x4s and cars they havent washed in 12 yrs, just before they sell it, thru those things, never use them!
Also be very leary of the "kids/sport teams, community/charity car wash" parties at gas statiosn & fast food joints...
once watched kids soap up a car with a scrub brush type broom they use for RV's, then while the hose crew took over to rinse the car, the kid with the scrubber sat the soapy scrubber face down on the gravel/dirty ground to rest for min, then with out a beat, picked it up and went on the next car in line. id bet every car leaving there that day was *^%$ up afterwards!
The wife unit & I both cringed at the same time after seeing that...

2015 Mods:
Hellcat Intake w/ AEM hi-flow filter.
GenPartsCo-USA D.I.P.S. air catcher screens.
Axis Model II's.
Firestone Indy 275/40/20
Rolling Thunder Reso delete.
Exteremevinyls side marker tints.
GPC Trunk Pull Handle.
Spare/Jack/Foam Delete.
GPC Phantoms.
Mopar O.E. Black Fuel Door.
Hellcat OE. ABS Cover.
Rear Seat Delete.
2014 Dodge Viper Seats.
Custom Fire Extinguisher & Mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Detailing / Car Care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode