When do you toss a microfiber towel? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Detailing / Car Care Want to talk about detailing your Dodge Challenger? Are you fanatical about the care and upkeep of your Challenger? Tell us about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,846 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb2148 View Post
How about putting them in a dryer but on "air only" dry? No heat
I guess you can. I, however, prefer a clothes drying rack. I set it up in my basement and the towels dry in one day. After, they are dried, I simply fold up the rack and store it away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	traditional-drying-racks.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	943287  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb2148 View Post
How about putting them in a dryer but on "air only" dry? No heat
This is what I do. It's worked great with the towels I use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hellcat
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
I have expensive towels that are all that can touch the paint, and less expensive ones that have their own tasks. Yellow for glass, green for interior, black for exhaust tips and jams and such. I have a bunch of blue ones that are general cleaning until they start looking dirty. I wash with MF detergent. My expensive towels are still looking perfect after several years.

If you are using to remove wax and such, I'd only use them until they seem to be getting worn, or show signs of any stiffness, then demote them to other, non paint, tasks.

A Guy
Very similar to what I do. I purchased about 50 assorted Microfiber towels from Chemical Guys about 3 years ago and have probably about 20 new still in a bag. When they get old or stained I just use them as oil rags and to clean my Mountain bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:38 PM

Garage
I always get little dried leaf remnants stuck to my towels (Seattle I guess?) so mine don't last long. I buy nice towels but they just never seem to wash well so I go through em pretty quick.

2016 Scat Pack - M6, SPAG, Driver Convenience, Pitch Black
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque2539 View Post
I always get little dried leaf remnants stuck to my towels (Seattle I guess?) so mine don't last long. I buy nice towels but they just never seem to wash well so I go through em pretty quick.
Everyone has a different definition of nice towels but I have had some that have been washed more than 40 times with with no issues. I have used lots of different microfiber specific detergent and the Chemical Guys one seems to be best. The Wolfgang is also very good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Detailing / Car Care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode