Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2008 Challenger SRT8,want aggressive at idle,louder overall,suggestions on catback??

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  A Guy 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm looking for a good catback exhaust for my 2008 Challenger SRT8. I replaced my stock exhaust with the Hurst Elite catback exhaust and I'm really ticked off that I didn't go with the Corsa Extreme or maybe some other brand exhaust. The Hurst is much quieter than my stock exhaust at all speeds except when you open it up all the way up. Plus now I also have an annoying drone inside my car at all speeds. After about 20 minutes driving you get a headache from that drone. I've put about 1500 miles on it since it was installed and it's no louder. I'm sorry I bought it. So now I'm going to give this another try. I want an aggressive sounding exhaust, louder than stock at idle, hopefully without drone inside the car. I'd like it to be louder, more aggressive sounding at idle and in regular driving, not just when I stomp on it. I've owned a lot of muscle cars, this is the first time I've been ticked off and disappointed with a catback exhaust purchase. It seems like Challenger SRT8's are a bit tricky when it comes to choosing catback exhausts. I welcome all suggestions from my fellow Challenger SRT8 owners here, and maybe share and describe how your catback exhausts sound. It will help me with my next try at an aftermarket exhaust.

#2 ·
Check out solo performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I HIGHLY recommend the Borla Atak. I have absolutely 0 drone, and exhaust that sounds like I'm driving a Hot Rod!!! Pops and Crackles on downshift, sounds like a BEAST on startup and WOT!! LOVE LOVE LOVE my exhaust!!! From the description of what you want, you WILL NOT be disappointed if you choose the Atak!!
My $0.02

#7 ·
I HIGHLY recommend the Borla Atak. I have absolutely 0 drone, and exhaust that sounds like I'm driving a Hot Rod!!! Pops and Crackles on downshift, sounds like a BEAST on startup and WOT!! LOVE LOVE LOVE my exhaust!!! From the description of what you want, you WILL NOT be disappointed if you choose the Atak!!
My $0.02

Thanks for the suggestion, but the Borla ATAK is the one I looked at first but it shows on their website that it's only available for the 2011-2014 SRT8. The only catback they show available for my car , a 2008 SRT8, is the S-Type, which is quieter and less aggressive than the ATAK.I'm afraid the S-Type might be the same or quieter than the Hurst Elite that I already wasted my money on. If it showed the ATAK for my car I would have bought it already.

#9 ·
I know those with the early SRT8 like the SLP Loudmouth, and Zoomers (although lots of chatter about "flutter" with stock tips)

A Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.