Dodge Challenger Forum banner

BORLA Atak

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  HarleyHetz 
#1 ·
So I put the BORLA Atak exhaust system with Active Exhaust Simulators on my MOPAR17 yesterday...WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I freaking LOVE this system!!!!!
I have an engine code because I started it after I pulled the old exhaust off >:) but I will get my scanner out and reset that.
It actually took me longer to jack the car up than it did to pull the old exhaust. Putting it back on took less than an hour, just because I went nice and slow and made sure everything was lined up exactly right before tightening everything. It fit PERFECTLY!!!!!
I wound up using my old tips, (I've got the black rectangle tips) but I think I want to find some of the Dual Round tips to put on it...

#2 ·
Forgot to mention...0 Drone at any speed thus far...of course they are not broken in yet either. Essentially, this system has no muffler, just a resonator, and it sounds incredible!!! With the windows up, and radio on at a mild volume, you can't even hear the car at 50 MPH, ease up to 70 and you can hear it over the radio. Roll the windows down and the wind noise drowns it all out above about 60 MPH...

#3 ·
I am currently looking at cat back systems, because my Scat Pack go rear ended, and the stock exhaust is damaged.
Insurance company told me I can get an aftermarket exhaust if I want, because the OEM exhaust is more expensive....I have been reading posts online where people are complaining of drone with the Borla ATAK.
Yours has no drone?

#5 ·
Mine has absolutely NO DRONE whatsoever. I drove it for 4 hours at interstate speeds yesterday (and the day before) and I am happy to report that the noise level at interstate speeds is also very comfortable!!

#6 ·
I think mine, with the Active Exhaust simulator deals was about $1700. Installation took place in my driveway, removal was about 30 minutes (went slow to preserve the old parts as this is actually a limited production car). Reinstall took less than an hour, and was accomplished with basic hand tools. I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish of the product. You can tell that they actually had a challenger to build these parts on during engineering!!

#7 ·
So, after several months of use, I thought I should post an update.

Thus far, I could not possibly be happier with this exhaust system. If you like the old school growl of an exhaust, then the BORLA Attack is for you. I still have no drone at any speed, and when I downshift I have the nice popping sound that comes with performance exhaust. It reminds me of my Harley!! Money well spent in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.