Dynomax 24250 mini race bullets - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Intake & Exhaust This area is for the discussion of everything related to intake and exhaust, from the air intake/CAI to the tail pipe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Dynomax 24250 mini race bullets

Hey guys I've ordered the 24250 Dynomax mini race bullets.

Question about the installation, will i need reducers to install them or its okay to weld on 3" mufflers to the stock RT 2013 2.25 or 2.5 pipes?

I believe they are 2.25" pipes stock right?

2014 SXT - Overkill ported lower intake, AFE Momentum GT CAI, Straight thru pipes (after cats), Valvetronic mufflers with wireless remote, SRT hellcat wheels, Billet tech oil catch can, 91 tune diablosport Trinity T1000, BC Racing BR Type coilovers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:32 AM

Pretty sure you will need to reduce down. Slipped perfectly over the 2.75" on my SRT but not so much for yours. I would also ask them to drop the whole exhaust system so there is room to completely weld all around. Many shops are too lazy to do that and never get a nice complete weld at the top if not dropped.

Last edited by MiHiHemi; 05-09-2019 at 06:35 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiHiHemi View Post
Pretty sure you will need to reduce down. Slipped perfectly over the 2.75" on my SRT but not so much for yours. I would also ask them to drop the whole exhaust system so there is room to completely weld all around. Many shops are too lazy to do that and never get a nice complete weld at the top if not dropped.
Then I guess they'll need to put 2.5" on both sides of the muffler and then weld it in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:14 AM

Yep, I would. 2.75" down to 2.5". Many shops don't seem to stock 2.75" pipe for some reason though. Maybe they can spread the ends on something convenient for you they have in stock. Once you tell them what you have, I'm sure they can adapt something nice. Are you going to a custom shop who knows what to do or somewhere more sketchy like a Meineke?

Last edited by MiHiHemi; 05-09-2019 at 09:23 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiHiHemi View Post
Yep, I would. 2.75" down to 2.5". Many shops don't seem to stock 2.75" pipe for some reason though. Maybe they can spread the ends on something convenient for you they have in stock. Once you tell them what you have, I'm sure they can adapt something nice. Are you going to a custom shop who knows what to do or somewhere more sketchy like a Meineke?
I'll be getting it done by a custom shop I always use. Yeah I think they'll sort something out as I think I've got 3" on now, Dynomax race bullets but not the mini ones and it seems to me it's been welded onto a 2.5" then to my stock pipe. I'll take it there once my mini bullets arrive here in Saudi Arabia and see what they say.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:41 AM

Hey Wazz

Since it's starting to get hot already here in Florida, I assume it's heating up in Saudi Arabia as well? Not looking forward to the summer around here, not my favorite time of year in this state. Anyway, I was thinking, I wonder how muffler shops even stay in business any more. Years ago, exhaust systems were rotting out and mufflers were falling off just 3 or 4 years after cars rolled out of the showroom. Now with stainless steel pretty much standard these days, seems like nothing EVER rusts off any more. It would seem that custom exhausts for enthusiasts like most of us would be about the only business available for these shops. That said, I'm thinking that custom work is just about the only work these shops would do any more.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:24 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I just got back from the custom exhaust shop and they said they couldn't install the Dynomax 24250 mini-bullets on my '15 Scat without chopping the crap out of the entire system back of the X point. Said the problem is that the existing mufflers are offset and the mini-bullets are straight, and there isn't enough length in the system to bend pipes to tie everything back together. What the heck? It's a custom shop that does a ton of performance systems and is the same place that custom bent a 3" system for my '63 Plymouth a few years ago. Has anyone else had problems getting these installed? HELP!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,776 Times in 2,856 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Showoff View Post
I just got back from the custom exhaust shop and they said they couldn't install the Dynomax 24250 mini-bullets on my '15 Scat without chopping the crap out of the entire system back of the X point. Said the problem is that the existing mufflers are offset and the mini-bullets are straight, and there isn't enough length in the system to bend pipes to tie everything back together. What the heck? It's a custom shop that does a ton of performance systems and is the same place that custom bent a 3" system for my '63 Plymouth a few years ago. Has anyone else had problems getting these installed? HELP!
Is this not the stock exhaust?

I believe the Automatic and Manual exhausts are different? Your Scat is an auto right? I think the picture may be the manual. Do you have the cylinder mufflers, or indeed have offset suitcase mufflers?

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 05:24 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I have an a8 with offset oval mufflers. Didn't know the manuals got a different system, though in hindsight that makes sense as they don't have to deal with MDS drone.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 05:41 AM

Thanked 3,756 Times in 2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Showoff View Post
I have an a8 with offset oval mufflers. Didn't know the manuals got a different system, though in hindsight that makes sense as they don't have to deal with MDS drone.
5.7L manuals used those bottle mufflers but far as I know all Scat Packs used the same big oval muffler.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Intake & Exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode