looking for something a little louder - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Intake & Exhaust This area is for the discussion of everything related to intake and exhaust, from the air intake/CAI to the tail pipe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daly double View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignol89 View Post
I’ve got 15 challenger 5.7 automatic. I’ve done the mid muffler delete and it sounds good but it’s not quite loud enough. I’m torn between Flowmaster American thunder and corsa xtreme.
I also have a 5.7 Automatic....14 RT Shaker...and went with the Corsa Extreme....ZERO drone, but not real loud and expensive as hell...but it turned out perfect for me. If you get one...be patient...it takes about 500-700 miles of driving before the "real sound" breaks in...I complained long and loud when I first got it installed....and then one day...it started humming perfectly...I believe around 600 miles after install

I researched for a LONG time before I went with Corsa...I could not live with one bit of drone..and this was the only one I found that I could trust in that area....Of course this was 5 years ago...so maybe there are other out there today..

Thanks for the input I’m now torn between zoomers and corsa probably going to go with zoomers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 04:12 AM

here is my 5.7 exhaust system
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151217_121838.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	517.7 KB
ID:	939855  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Gixer: is that the zoomers system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:37 PM

I couldn't handle the straight pipe drone,had the shop put on a pair of 18" bullets...still droney at @2000 rpm. Has any one tried M80's with a 12" gp as resonators? I'm going to be putting some hiway miles on,did about 200 miles last weekend and it was nasty
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,615 Posts
Garage
Welcome to Challengertalk Pelican

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:24 AM

Thanks!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Two words for you: Jones Full Boar Flow Deflector Performance mufflers

Okay maybe more than two...anyway, rather than type it up all over again, I’ll just link to my last post on this topic:

https://www.challengertalk.com/forum.../665187?page=2
Wrong url. This one is correct: https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...87/index2.html

How about the drone and volume inside the cabin? FB are copies of original 40s so I presume it should drone like sh...

2010 R/T Auto
Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,315 Times in 954 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajtucha View Post
Quote:
Two words for you: Jones Full Boar Flow Deflector Performance mufflers

Okay maybe more than two...anyway, rather than type it up all over again, I’ll just link to my last post on this topic:

https://www.challengertalk.com/forum.../665187?page=2
Wrong url. This one is correct: https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...87/index2.html

How about the drone and volume inside the cabin? FB are copies of original 40s so I presume it should drone like sh...
Evidently i am not a credible source for answering such a question, because my answer has always been, and will always be, that there is no stone...at least not as i understand it.

You ask about unpleasant exhaust noise, and i think about that 2000's VW Jetta with the turbo diesel running 3/4 ton pickup truck mufflers which i had to take on a 3 hour road trip once. That was an unpleasant and annoying audial experience to say the least.

I've gone JFB on all 3 LXs I've had, and removed the resos each time, and not once was I ever struck by how unpleasant the exhaust sounded. Quite the opposite in fact, but i digest.

It doesn't matter for me in this particular application anyway, as I've finally finished upgrading the stereo system to my liking, and i struggle just to hear the fuzz buster going nuts now. If the exhaust is droning as well, it's not making it into my ears.

2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg. (2018 - ?)
-- The Bacon Hauler
------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Challenger Rallye Redline (2015 - 2018)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Evidently i am not a credible source for answering such a question, because my answer has always been, and will always be, that there is no stone...at least not as i understand it.
Good to hear that. I've just ordered another clone of 40's and be doing the same thing. Can't wait ;-)
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:24 AM

This is what I did to my 2015 RT exaust!....
Solo Performance X Pipe Review!! https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...d.php?t=468746
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Intake & Exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode