Anybody use Amsoil Antifreeze? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Maintenance Discussion This sub-forum is for the discussion of general maintenance of your Challenger such as oil changes, coolant maintenance, brake pad replacement, differential fluid changes, alignments, air filters and everything else to maintain your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Anybody use Amsoil Antifreeze?

Amsoil claim:

Anti-Scale
AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolants are poly-organic acid formulations that do not contain inorganic salts (phosphate, nitrate, nitrite, silicate, borate, amine) found in conventional and hybrid organic acid (HOAT) antifreeze/coolants. These materials are responsible for almost all scaling issues in cooling systems, and they can also precipitate to form scale if the antifreeze/coolant inhibitor system is at the wrong pH or mixed with incompatible products. AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolants virtually eliminate scaling problems.

2012 Tungsten R/T Classic, 6 speed w/STP, 730 RHR w/sound group II and heritage wheels.
Mods: none

MSgt, USAF Retired
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Premium Member

I run it, i put it in when I installed my CAM. I also use the coolant boost. I won't be changing it out for a couple more years so I won't be able to update you on any kind of build up that I may find. I use their products from end to end and I have for almost 10 years now. I really trust their products (No I'm not a retailer/distributor). I don't think you can go wrong using it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
There should be no issue running the Amsoil antifreeze correct? 2012 5.7L require the HOAT type antifreeze. I want to be sure that I use something compatible.

Last edited by R/T-Randy; 04-10-2019 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Left out a word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T-Randy View Post
There should be issue running the Amsoil antifreeze correct? 2012 5.7L require the HOAT type antifreeze. I want to be sure that I use something compatible.
Are planning to do a complete flush? The concern is mixing the different types as you end up with a Gel instead of a fluid. So if you do a complete flush there is no concern at all. However Amsoil coolant will mix with other types.

Compatible With Other Fluids
AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolants are compatible with all ethylene and propylene antifreeze
and coolant colors, as well as all plastics and elastomers (hoses, gaskets, etc.) found
in cooling systems. However, mixing propylene and ethylene glycol formulations can
make it difficult to predict freeze protection. If mixing for top-off is unavoidable, it is
recommended to flush the cooling system at the next convenient opportunity.

Anti-Scale
AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolants are poly-organic acid formulations that do not contain inorganic salts (phosphate, nitrate, nitrite, silicate, borate, amine) found in conventional and hybrid organic acid (HOAT) antifreeze/coolants. These materials are responsible for almost all scaling issues in cooling systems, and they can also precipitate to form scale if the antifreeze/coolant inhibitor system is at the wrong pH or mixed with incompatible products. AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolants virtually eliminate scaling problems.

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...ode=ANTHD1G-EA
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloud View Post
Are planning to do a complete flush? The concern is mixing the different types as you end up with a Gel instead of a fluid. So if you do a complete flush there is no concern at all. However Amsoil coolant will mix with other types.

Compatible With Other Fluids
AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolants are compatible with all ethylene and propylene antifreeze
and coolant colors, as well as all plastics and elastomers (hoses, gaskets, etc.) found
in cooling systems. However, mixing propylene and ethylene glycol formulations can
make it difficult to predict freeze protection. If mixing for top-off is unavoidable, it is
recommended to flush the cooling system at the next convenient opportunity.

Anti-Scale

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...ode=ANTHD1G-EA
The amsoil coolant used for 2012 5.7L is ANTPC according to their website.

Last edited by R/T-Randy; 04-10-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Maintenance Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode