Floor Jack - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Maintenance Discussion This sub-forum is for the discussion of general maintenance of your Challenger such as oil changes, coolant maintenance, brake pad replacement, differential fluid changes, alignments, air filters and everything else to maintain your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Floor Jack

Looking to purchase a floor jack for home use. There are so many options out there that it's difficult to decide. The biggest vehicle it will be used on is a Ram 1500.

It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:14 AM

Garage
I've used an ARCAN XL35 3.5 ton jack since 2011 and it works out great for larger vehicles like ours. I originally used it on my 2011 Silverado and now I use it on my Challenger. No problems with it at all over the years - very stout and durable.

ARCAN XL35
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41Qddz8dU6L._AC_UL436_.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	945705  

"There goes the Challenger being chased by the blue, blue meanies on wheels." - Vanishing Point (1971)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I have read about that one, but it is not available anywhere near me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:29 AM

I picked this one up and serves all my needs. Didn't figure I needed some multi-ton jack to lift 30% of my vehicles weight at any one time. Looks good and Low profile for my lowered Challenger too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Torin Car Jack.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	945709  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:12 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Low-profile "Daytona" floor jack at Harbor Freight...they go on sale often.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...nge-64240.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2019 Scat Pack Shaker, TorRed
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:41 PM

my Challenger is lowered, and to jack up the car I would need drive up onto some homemade ramps (a 2ft long 2x10 with a 1ft long 2x10 screwed on top) I made for my lowered Mustang, so I got this low profile jack, no issues getting it under my lowered Challenger

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...ump-64266.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspruill View Post
Low-profile "Daytona" floor jack at Harbor Freight...they go on sale often.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...nge-64240.html
damn! thats nicer than the one I got above! wish I knew it was available at the time

2017 granite pearl coat SRT Challenger, Barton shifter with Lou's short stick and Speed Dawg knob, UPR catch can, hellcat lower air box, Eibach Pro Kit springs, MRR M392 wheels w 275/40 and 315/35 Nitto G2's

Last edited by scott0; 05-15-2019 at 12:45 PM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:44 PM

I was shopping for a jack last year. I've had a Harbor freight 1 1/2 ton jack for maybe 8 years, it's working great. However, though it's light weight, it doesn't have a lot of range. Doesn't go low enough or high enough. Anyway, I was shopping for something inexpensive and it came down to the Daytona from Harbor Freight and the Yellow Jacket from Northern Tool. Both were on sale for 179 if I recall. I chose the Yellow Jacket, and though they looked to be made by different manufacturers, they both appeared pretty robust. There are videos about both of these jacks: just do a quickie google search. I can't speak for the long term reliability, but after a year and a half, mine's working fine.

PRO'S
--super low clearance
--super high lift (When jack is working at say 15-17 inches, the pad is lifting nearly vertical because of the extended reach of this jack. I like this because when I've got one side on the jack stand, and I'm lifting the other side of the car with my jack, I don't like putting too much sideways tension on the jack stand while I'm jacking. This extended lift jack works well).
--the extended reach helps when jacking my SUV, which has a much higher ground clearance than my Challenger.

CON's
--both Harbor Freight's DAYTONA and my Northern Tool's YELLOW JACKET are heavy rascals. This 100 pound weight comes with the territory: 3 ton long reach jacks ain't light.
--they're not Snap Or some other great brand, so reliability comes into question. However, it seems to be really well made.

Difference:
The Yellow Jacket has a full rubber lift pad that doesn't come off and won't get lost. The Daytona has a square rubber pad that sets inside a metal pocket: the metal contacts the car when lifting. Just my preference, but I prefer the all rubber design. I stick a hockey puck on mine for each lift: saves wear and tear on the rubber pad.

Note: the Arcan above is available at Northern Tool as well. It's priced about the same and appears to be very similar to the two that I've described. I did notice however that the Arcan is rated for 3.5 tons vs just 3 tons for the two I've discussed here.

Last edited by garyahouse; 05-15-2019 at 03:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to garyahouse For This Useful Post:
Janson (05-18-2019)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:34 PM

Garage
I have the Harbor Freight long reach myself and have already used in on my new stock height Challenger with a block of wood added so I didn't scratch the bottom of the car. I am also looking at buying the yellow version in the near future since jacking up only one side at a time is not fun. I also have a much older Harbor freight jack and you can certainly tell the difference in the upgraded the quality over the years so I have no issue buying some of my tools from them. Get on their sales list and you can get some additional discounts but the 20% off doesn't apply to jacks. They have an app where they send you coupons. They seem to have a store wide clearance sale every other week. I also found that the sale ads in Hot Rod are actually much better for the same items. I got my $189 cherry picker for only $99 with the Hot Rod coupon.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to vortecd Send a message via MSN to vortecd Send a message via Yahoo to vortecd
I have 2 Pittsburgh 2 ton aluminum jacks. I like to be able to jack up both sides at the same time. I use them a lot and will never go back to a heavy steel jack

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ump-64542.html

"Without DATA, you're just another person with an OPINION"

'17 Daytona 392
'18 Challenger R/T
The Following User Says Thank You to vortecd For This Useful Post:
Janson (05-18-2019)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:44 AM

I have a Challenger, Ram 1500, and Durango, I have used this floor jack multiple times to clean the tires, rotate the tires, change the oil ect ect...

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...ump-64266.html

I works great, had it for 2yrs now with no issues.

Here is a vid about the Daytona. Its another good jack, just not the one I own.

Harbor freight has sales all the time, so you can get it now, or save a few bucks and get it when its on sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 PCP SPS
The Following User Says Thank You to burn133 For This Useful Post:
jgraham70 (05-18-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Maintenance Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in