Warranty and DIY Oil and Filter Changes - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Maintenance Discussion This sub-forum is for the discussion of general maintenance of your Challenger such as oil changes, coolant maintenance, brake pad replacement, differential fluid changes, alignments, air filters and everything else to maintain your ride.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 105
Thanks: 40
Thanked 48 Times in 29 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When it comes down to it, the dealer/shop record of service is really the only one that will withstand any level of scrutiny.
Receipts of oil/filter purchase is not proof of much more then spending money. Who actualy purchased it, you or a distant cousin, where was it used, did it actually go into your car and not your wife’s. The same for pictures. To many ways for the manufacturer to cast doubt on the story. Having said that, a solid paper trail will only help reinforce ones story of proper maintenance if it ever came to it. I change my oil myself because I like doing it and have never worried about what and how the warranty will be impacted. I change it once a year before it goes into storage. 6000 miles on a 2015 and 5 oil changes later. The only proof I have is my little black book in the glove box. Haha.
thedude is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedude For This Useful Post:
Finface (02-25-2019), praiseV8 (02-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
praiseV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,407
Thanks: 330
Thanked 857 Times in 617 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp392 View Post
I’ve been told by many people the opposite working for FCA and a few other brands.
Notice that Luke said the same thing.

I had to re-write this post about 5 times, and I don't really have a nicer way of putting this.


I appreciate Luke's contributions to the forum, he's a great guy with years of experience, but at the end of the day, his word, and that of your "many people", is worth less than peanuts to MOPAR. If the agent taking care of your case decided to scratch his ass with the wrong hand that day, and you have nothing but receipts and pictures to back up your claim, he'll find every little thing he can to deny your claim, because as far as anyone can tell, there isn't a policy or rule in place to deal with this, and the decision ultimately lies with them.


At the end of the day, what @thedude and I said is what the MOPAR rep communicated to me, and I will take that over "being told" and "it happened to me in the '90s", and so should you and everyone else on this forum.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
praiseV8 is offline  
post #23 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:39 PM
Senior Member
 
19johned53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "State of Missery"
Posts: 8,762
Thanks: 4,820
Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,707 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp392 View Post
I’ve been told by many people the opposite working for FCA and a few other brands.
Notice that Luke said the same thing.

I had to re-write this post about 5 times, and I don't really have a nicer way of putting this.


I appreciate Luke's contributions to the forum, he's a great guy with years of experience, but at the end of the day, his word, and that of your "many people", is worth less than peanuts to MOPAR. If the agent taking care of your case decided to scratch his ass with the wrong hand that day, and you have nothing but receipts and pictures to back up your claim, he'll find every little thing he can to deny your claim, because as far as anyone can tell, there isn't a policy or rule in place to deal with this, and the decision ultimately lies with them.


At the end of the day, what @thedude and I said is what the MOPAR rep communicated to me, and I will take that over "being told" and "it happened to me in the '90s", and so should you and everyone else on this forum.
You sure are hellbound twisting my posts around. What's so hard to comprehend that I have talked with my dealer and regional rep about this subject of keeping receipts and a log to show proof of oil changes per FCA's schedule is acceptable. These are my Mopar guys.

Communicated is the same thing as being told, and it seems like your MOPAR guy doesn't agree with numerous other Mopar guys on this forum on this subject.

That's fine, he's your go to MOPAR guy, so I guess he's got you in a corner with his BS.

I'm trying to be nice too. Just don't spin posts around, and disagree with everyone else's MOPAR guy, and a forum MOPAR GUY, because you're Mopar guy is giving you a load of misinformation/BS on this subject.

This has turned into a "tinfoil hat" thread, and only one guy is wearing it. Lol


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Past: 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T "Classic" RIP Old Buddy 6/4/15

The Present: 2016 R/T Scat Pack. Factory Options: B5 Blue, 24G Package(A8), WRT Wheels, and Modern R/T Hood Stripe. Engine HP Mods: None Needed. HC Air Box/Tube; DIPs Screen; BT Catch Can; Mopar front Brace;"TA" style side stripes; Mopar '10 Center Caps
19johned53 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to 19johned53 For This Useful Post:
wasp392 (02-26-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator
 
A Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 11,096
Thanks: 2,374
Thanked 3,777 Times in 2,857 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Since I only change oil once a year, I also post here when I do it, so I have that going for me too


A Guy


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
A Guy is offline  
post #25 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:16 PM
Senior Member
 
19johned53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "State of Missery"
Posts: 8,762
Thanks: 4,820
Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,707 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Since I only change oil once a year, I also post here when I do it, so I have that going for me too <img src="https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" class="inlineimg" />


A Guy
Well, some would say that the MOPAR GUY wouldn't believe you.

Someone hacked your account and posted, and YouTube is using a double! Lol
19johned53 is online now  
post #26 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator
 
A Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 11,096
Thanks: 2,374
Thanked 3,777 Times in 2,857 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, most don't know i'm a dog posting on the internet



A Guy
A Guy is offline  
post #27 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:26 PM
Senior Member
 
19johned53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "State of Missery"
Posts: 8,762
Thanks: 4,820
Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,707 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So you drank the oil instead of putting it in your car.

Bad dog, very very bad dog. Lol
19johned53 is online now  
post #28 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 01:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 132
Thanks: 427
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When I changed my oil for the first time, not only did I keep my receipts but I made a video of me changing the oil & filter showing the Penzoil Ultra bottles and the SRT filter that I installed. The video is dated. I plan on doing the same thing when I change my oil again in April to comply with the 6 month oil change requirement.
Bob Ricewasser is offline  
post #29 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:26 AM
Member
 
capevettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
Posts: 77
Thanks: 36
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My good friend is a "Notary Public". Whenever I change my oil at the house I have him present. After observing the oil change, he will sign and attest my document, stating that he observed my oil change. Included in the document is the type of filter and oil used and the the quantity of oil. He then affixes his "Official Stamp" to the document. I keep the document in my maintenance log files along with the dated receipts. This should withstand the scrutiny of Dodge or any Civil Court Judge.


LOL!!!!!!!
capevettes is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to capevettes For This Useful Post:
A Guy (02-26-2019)
post #30 of 121 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 06:45 AM
Senior Member
 
praiseV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,407
Thanks: 330
Thanked 857 Times in 617 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19johned53 View Post
You sure are hellbound twisting my posts around. What's so hard to comprehend that I have talked with my dealer and regional rep about this subject of keeping receipts and a log to show proof of oil changes per FCA's schedule is acceptable. These are my Mopar guys.

Communicated is the same thing as being told, and it seems like your MOPAR guy doesn't agree with numerous other Mopar guys on this forum on this subject.

That's fine, he's your go to MOPAR guy, so I guess he's got you in a corner with his BS.

I'm trying to be nice too. Just don't spin posts around, and disagree with everyone else's MOPAR guy, and a forum MOPAR GUY, because you're Mopar guy is giving you a load of misinformation/BS on this subject.

This has turned into a "tinfoil hat" thread, and only one guy is wearing it. Lol


I don't have a "MOPAR GUY", you wingnut. I CALLED MOPAR ITSELF, SPECIFICALLY THE INSURANCE DEPARTMENT.

Don't take my word for it, call MOPAR yourself and let me know what they tell you.


You have nothing but "he said, she said" as evidence and you have the GALL to tell me I have a tin foil hat on.

Provide some concrete evidence or hold your tongue.

Good day, sir.
praiseV8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Maintenance Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change the oil filter and not the oil O.J.Sakuma General Challenger Discussion 12 02-11-2016 01:01 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome