Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lowell NC
Thanked 3,355 Times in 2,569 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they are washable elements - the SPS, T/A, Demon and the '19+ Hellcat filters use this style
Shaker Hood Air filter Cleaning
1. Remove the air filter from the intake and set the filter clamp aside.
2. Measure the length of the filter media.
3. Fill a bucket with warm clean water to the depth matching the filter media measurement and add a mild household detergent or air filter cleaning solution.
4. Without allowing the solution to flow back into the inside of the air filter, submerge the filter media in to the water and let it soak for ten minutes.
5. Empty the bucket filled with dirty water and repeat steps 3 and 4.
6 Refill the bucket with clean warm water and rinse the filter by rotating the filter.
NOTE:The water should be clean with no signs of dirt in the bucket.
Refill the bucket with clean warm water and rinse the filter by rotating the filter.
7. Allow the filter to air dry. Re-install the filter on the intake system once it is dry.
Shaker Hood Removal And Cleaning
1. Remove the four nuts with the Shaker tool located in glove compartment.
2. Lift off the upper scoop.
NOTE: Be sure to clean off all debris around or inside for the shaker assembly.
3. Using a water and mild detergent clean the following locations.
— The water drain slot located at the front forward edge of the shaker assembly.
— The seals attached to the scoop and air box.
— Lower water drains located in the lower shaker assembly and air box as well as the hood interface areas for the seals.
Apply Mopar Leather, Rubber & Vinyl Protectant after cleaning to seals.
4. Re-install shaker assembly.
2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather