2019 Challenger & 'Cuda - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 158 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 09:20 AM

Thanked 3,748 Times in 2,818 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
At what point does the "Fiat Factor" kick in and turn our beloved Challenger and Chargers into small European type cars with 4 cyl engines?
I hope NEVER
Yeah I wouldn't worry about that, all the Dodge and SRT people are in Auburn Hills so these cars will stay uniquely American. The 4-cylinder engines will probably have to happen one day but they will find a way to keep things interesting and the V8's around as long as possible.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slidd For This Useful Post:
Rob B (10-28-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 158 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,568 Posts
Garage
Chipset:
"At what point does the "Fiat Factor" kick in and turn our beloved Challenger and Chargers into small European type cars with 4 cyl engines?
I hope NEVER"

that movement is starting - look at GM and Ford. Downsized the car and have gone 4cyl / turbo as base engines. Next versions will change more so in that direction.

V8s will probably be high-end versions and much more limited production in the future

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal H For This Useful Post:
pdx.challenger (07-02-2016)
post #33 of 158 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:05 PM

For what it's worth...if the day comes where the V-8s are no longer made, our cars with V-8s will be worth $$$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randycat99 View Post
Needs to be even smaller and lose another 400 lbs!
This is no joke. If they truly intend to compete with GM & Ford, then these cars will have to lose a minimum of 400, and more like 500, lbs. They can forget about the cosmetics until after they've accomplished some hellishly-serious mass reduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunttriumph1500 View Post
...On another note, I predicted on this forum a few years ago that automobiles will start to be self driving by 2020. Looks like in 2017 you can buy cars that virtually do that already. Mercedes and of course Tesla each have a car that can do most functions. The age of the automobile as we know is about to change dramatically in the next 10-15 years.
I just caught a news flash about a guy in Florida who has the dubious honor of being the first person killed in a Tesla that was operating on Auto Pilot. A semi turned left in front of him and the car failed to apply its brakes. When he went under the trailer at full speed, the whole greenhouse (and, one must assume, the guy's upper half) was scraped off of the car. It was only a matter of time before this happened to a car in autonomous mode, reality being as unpredictable as it is and all. Of course, the lawyers are going to have a field day with this...and any public acceptance of autonomous cars will be set back several years. Ah hell, lawyers would probably have prevented it from happening any time soon, even without this incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuaaludes View Post
Who knows if Chrysler will still be in Business in 2019?
Did yea look at their stock today lol(falling like a rock}..............JQ
Just what I was thinking. With Marchionne running things, I'd be thrilled if the company was still around in 2019, let alone worrying about new Challengers or Cudas. The Italians should never be accused of understanding the American car market, let alone modern American muscle cars.

____
Bob
post #35 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 01:41 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1analguy View Post
This is no joke. If they truly intend to compete with GM & Ford, then these cars will have to lose a minimum of 400, and more like 500, lbs. They can forget about the cosmetics until after they've accomplished some hellishly-serious mass reduction.

I just caught a news flash about a guy in Florida who has the dubious honor of being the first person killed in a Tesla that was operating on Auto Pilot. A semi turned left in front of him and the car failed to apply its brakes. When he went under the trailer at full speed, the whole greenhouse (and, one must assume, the guy's upper half) was scraped off of the car. It was only a matter of time before this happened to a car in autonomous mode, reality being as unpredictable as it is and all. Of course, the lawyers are going to have a field day with this...and any public acceptance of autonomous cars will be set back several years. Ah hell, lawyers would probably have prevented it from happening any time soon, even without this incident.

Just what I was thinking. With Marchionne running things, I'd be thrilled if the company was still around in 2019, let alone worrying about new Challengers or Cudas. The Italians should never be accused of understanding the American car market, let alone modern American muscle cars.
Without taking the thread too far off track, the REAL issue with autonomous vehicles is the morality one. The vehicle is going to be programmed to minimize loss of life when possible....therefore if it comes down to driving in to a crowd of people at 60mph or driving in to a brick wall at 60mph..you are going to die.

Not sure how comfortable I am with getting in to a vehicle that WILL kill me, even if it is the correct decision.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barton Shifter
BT Catch Can
180* Jet T-Stat
Mopar Long Ram CAI
Mopar Sequentials
Rolling Thunder Resonator Delete
Diablo Predator U-7135
Custom Tune by Johan
5% Ceramic
Hop Not Stage 2 w\link
Hurst Stunner's 9x20 & 10x20
Cooper ZEON'S RS3-S 305/35/20 & 275/40/20

When the 425-hp "street" version hit the street in 1965, it was akin to taking an M230 chain gun to an arcade shooting gallery.
post #36 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1analguy View Post
To compete with GM and Ford in my opinion all they need to do is keep the quality superior. I have always been a MOPAR person, knowing my car might be a little bigger, and little heavier but, it is a lot better, and more manly than their little girly cars. Case in point, a guy I work with has a vette, when I bring my Challenger and he brings his Vette and we park next to each other, the Challenger is just so much more masculine and muscular than his little go cart. I want to do a truck style tug of war with our cars but of course like all vette owners, they have no balls. He always wants to drag race me or road race me, I tell him only if it is full contact, of course that is a no go as I would push him right off the track.
post #37 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuaaludes View Post
Who knows if Chrysler will still be in Business in 2019?
Did yea look at their stock today lol(falling like a rock}..............JQ

JQ has been posting this comment about every two years, since he bought his 1st Challenger - he's on #3 now.

FCA shareholders wouldn't allow a significant asset / business unit to be mis-managed like that - not good for their investments. Chrysler is FCA's gateway back into US market and Fiat / Alpha brands wouldn't work as stand-alone dealerships - limited models and slow to re-establish in US market.
MuscleCarProf (07-25-2016)
post #38 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 05:58 AM

I may be in the minority, but i think the whole car looks awful.

Has it been confirmed whether the Challenger will get the major redesign for the 2018 model year (released in 2017) or the 2020 model year (released in 2019)?
post #39 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 12:26 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Julian View Post
To compete with GM and Ford in my opinion all they need to do is keep the quality superior. I have always been a MOPAR person, knowing my car might be a little bigger, and little heavier but, it is a lot better, and more manly than their little girly cars. Case in point, a guy I work with has a vette, when I bring my Challenger and he brings his Vette and we park next to each other, the Challenger is just so much more masculine and muscular than his little go cart. I want to do a truck style tug of war with our cars but of course like all vette owners, they have no balls. He always wants to drag race me or road race me, I tell him only if it is full contact, of course that is a no go as I would push him right off the track.

post #40 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
MY 2021 is slated 'new design' for the RWD platforms.

the MY '19 looks like will get a refresh (think along the lines of the change from '10 to '11) - you won't see a major revamp for only 2 years of production when the new model is that near in terms of production.
pdx.challenger (07-02-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode