2019 Scat Back 1320... 12.0 Seconds Flat? - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi leadsled View Post
I'm saying the scats that are running good times have a tune. Yes I think 1320s do because I can tell the difference between that and my TA 392. Yes the converter in 1320 is super loose. That's awesome about you and hellcat. I was at the track with my 1320 last night and ran 4 times. All with 2.0 and higher 60fts. Tried every launch possible. Tire pressure at 19. Fronts at 45. Ran 12.3 and 12.4
Your 1320 has Nexxen drag radials right? I'm not sure what those would work best at. My 20" M/T drag radials seemed to like 19-20psi best.

Are you spinning off the line or is hooking and just not pulling hard? I would assume you're spinning. Maybe the track prep was just crummy that day. I've been to the track on some days where I just couldn't hook to save my life.

If you can hook up and get your 60ft down into the 1.7 range at least, you'll be running high 11's easily.

Carl
11.44 @ 120.71mph w/ 1.63 60ft / -445ft DA
Dragstrip videos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
Just so you know, there are quite a few people that have gone 11.7, and some 11.6s from stock tune Chargers and Challengers, typical trap speeds are 116-117 for these runs. Unlike the 1320 being referenced, these cars are typically not on front skinnies like this 1320(at least a tenth) and some have and some have not lightened the interior.

Also, this guy with the 1320 trailered it to the track and has a Demon, he's a top 5% racer no doubt, not your average Joe(if there is such a thing for people who like to drag race) who drives his car to the track, then races it.

There are guys with tunes and boltons going 11.1-11.3 at about 120.

At this point, we will probably have go all the way around to the fall for the great conditions again, I'd love to see a stock 392 car go 10.9x and think it could be done with these 1320s, but that will probably require a 60 foot time around 1.59 which is tough.
I hit 11.7-11.8 at 116mph on the stock tune in good cold air with 20" wheels all around and full interior. But generally in normal conditions I was running 12.0-12.3 at about 112-114mph on the stock tune with 20" wheels.

I've hit 11.4 at 120 in good conditions, but generally run 11.5-11.6. Hoping to hit 11.3 with catless mids. I'd like to do longtube headers but too pricey.

I think a 1320 car can hit 10.9 N/A. Remove as much weight as possible, full bolt ons, tune, lightweight wheels, cold air, excellent track prep. I'm not sure a regular Scat Pack can do it. Even with longtubes and a few more mods, I just don't see my car going any faster than 11.20's on a good day. If i did a cam swap I might hit 10.9, but not with the stock cam and converter. Unless I had -2000ft DA haha!
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahl383 View Post
Quote:
I'm saying the scats that are running good times have a tune. Yes I think 1320s do because I can tell the difference between that and my TA 392. Yes the converter in 1320 is super loose. That's awesome about you and hellcat. I was at the track with my 1320 last night and ran 4 times. All with 2.0 and higher 60fts. Tried every launch possible. Tire pressure at 19. Fronts at 45. Ran 12.3 and 12.4
Your 1320 has Nexxen drag radials right? I'm not sure what those would work best at. My 20" M/T drag radials seemed to like 19-20psi best.

Are you spinning off the line or is hooking and just not pulling hard? I would assume you're spinning. Maybe the track prep was just crummy that day. I've been to the track on some days where I just couldn't hook to save my life.

If you can hook up and get your 60ft down into the 1.7 range at least, you'll be running high 11's easily.
yes spun like crazy. It lifted high and hit hard but 4 ft out it spun hard. That 2.1 equates to 1 second off time so I went 12.57 so that a 11.57.

2014 hemi challenger rt 6 speed 100yr anniversary edition. American thunder exhaust. Mr norms pistol grip shifter. Mopar hood pins. Mopar stage one lowering kit. Mopar front strut tower brace. American racing torque thrust m. Nitto nt420s tires. Drilled and slotted rotors. Trinity Diablo t-1000 tuner. Jab jet coated shortly headers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
yes spun like crazy. It lifted high and hit hard but 4 ft out it spun hard. That 2.1 equates to 1 second off time so I went 12.57 so that a 11.57.
It's hard to say. Ratios give you a rough idea, but they don't always translate into reality. I've had instances where shaving .04 off my 60ft gave me .06-.07 off my ET at the end of the track. Other times I shaved off .05 or so and only went .05 faster ET. There are a lot of variables involved.

You should be hitting 1.7 60ft at a minimum with 20" drag radials though. Somewhere in the 1.70-1.77 range to start. I would think somewhere in the 11.7-11.9 range is more realistic if you can start to hook up good. With a little weight reduction and other tricks 11.50's is very attainable. I just ran 11.51 at 117.89 a couple weekends ago with a 1.63 60ft, but my car has some bolt ons, a tune, wheels, and I pulled some weight out of the car. If I had run with 20" drag radials and full weight probably 11.70's or so.

The key to a good ET is getting that 60ft down as low as possible. That means dead hooking off the line and leaving hard. You'll have to experiment with those Nexxen drag radials, I've never ran those before, only the M/T drag radials. My 20" M/T's seemed to like 19-20psi and needed a 3-5 second burnout to heat them up good. I usually get moving in first gear, then within a second or so shift into second gear, roast the tires for a few seconds there, then shift into third and really spin them and let off the line lock button and roll forward while spinning. They eventually hook and stop spinning and you roll up to the tree. I've had good luck with that burnout method in the past.

Other times, the track prep is so crappy that nothing will hook. Especially if street tire guys drive through the burnout box, do a burnout, then drip water all over the starting line. Colder weather requires a longer burnout, hotter weather a shorter burnout. I also run as much psi as my car will handle off the line as that gives you less rolling resistance and higher mph.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahl383 View Post
Quote:
It's hard to say. Ratios give you a rough idea, but they don't always translate into reality. I've had instances where shaving .04 off my 60ft gave me .06-.07 off my ET at the end of the track. Other times I shaved off .05 or so and only went .05 faster ET. There are a lot of variables involved.

You should be hitting 1.7 60ft at a minimum with 20" drag radials though. Somewhere in the 1.70-1.77 range to start. I would think somewhere in the 11.7-11.9 range is more realistic if you can start to hook up good. With a little weight reduction and other tricks 11.50's is very attainable. I just ran 11.51 at 117.89 a couple weekends ago with a 1.63 60ft, but my car has some bolt ons, a tune, wheels, and I pulled some weight out of the car. If I had run with 20" drag radials and full weight probably 11.70's or so.

The key to a good ET is getting that 60ft down as low as possible. That means dead hooking off the line and leaving hard. You'll have to experiment with those Nexxen drag radials, I've never ran those before, only the M/T drag radials. My 20" M/T's seemed to like 19-20psi and needed a 3-5 second burnout to heat them up good. I usually get moving in first gear, then within a second or so shift into second gear, roast the tires for a few seconds there, then shift into third and really spin them and let off the line lock button and roll forward while spinning. They eventually hook and stop spinning and you roll up to the tree. I've had good luck with that burnout method in the past.

Other times, the track prep is so crappy that nothing will hook. Especially if street tire guys drive through the burnout box, do a burnout, then drip water all over the starting line. Colder weather requires a longer burnout, hotter weather a shorter burnout. I also run as much psi as my car will handle off the line as that gives you less rolling resistance and higher mph.
thank you. Nice write up. Great tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode