Best and worst feature - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Best and worst feature

Wanna start a talk about what you all think is the best and worst feature.

To me, the best feature would probably have to be the Apple car play that comes standard. And basically how much you get out of a base model in any trim level.

The worst, I hate the gas cap lol. It’s a cheap looking piece of chrome. And then when you unscrew the cap, it’s too deep and that little rubber thing on the pump handle to prevent splash just gets in the way. Poor design. I know that’s petty, but it bugs me the most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:39 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I had to choose I could live without the power tilt-telescopic wheel, or it could maybe just be a little quicker to move.

2016 Go Mango SPS A8
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 05:12 AM

Garage
I think the worst feature by far is that the car's tires are too skinny. For years as I saw them on the road I couldn't believe the beefy, bad ass car had the skinny 245's. When I finally bought mine I immediately put on 275's. A little better but still could be fatter from the factory.

Now with the wide body things are different. But other than that I think the car is perfect!

1968 Camaro convertible, LS1 & T56, Texas Speed 228R cam, 3.73 posi, 17" Torque Thrusts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Scat Pack Shaker Challenger RT, M6, WRT, black leather, Barton shifter, 275 tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 05:38 AM

Hi Guys

2012 Challenger SRT8 in Redline 3

I think my car's best feature is its stunning good looks closely followed by the effortless acceleration from the reasonably powerful engine, the worst feature stems from its stunning good looks and that is incredibly poor all round visibility, it's like Dodge took a blind spot then built a car around it.

Regards

Dereck
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:31 AM

I was astounded at how useable the back seat is (at least from the passenger side).
The Apple carplay is a little glitchy but truly most of the time when I am driving this car my eyes are rolled back in my head.
Unbelievable performance.

And I got 24 MPG driving to the race track.

2019 wide body Scat
Foot print gas pedal ( just kidding)
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 10:30 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
Hi Guys

2012 Challenger SRT8 in Redline 3

I think my car's best feature is its stunning good looks closely followed by the effortless acceleration from the reasonably powerful engine, the worst feature stems from its stunning good looks and that is incredibly poor all round visibility, it's like Dodge took a blind spot then built a car around it.

Regards

Dereck
Hahaha sitting in a new Camaro and then see if you make that statement.. I have never been in a car with such poor rear and side visibility before.

2015 Scat Pack here

Best feature: A comfortable ride

Worst feature: The adaptive A8 tranny. I get so sick and tired of having to reset adaptives due to the A8 always adjusting back to conservative shifting. I really wish they would at least give the option of disabling the adaptive part when in sports mode. However, I will say that I absolutely love the A8 but just hate this part.

2015 Scat Pack
8-speed auto, Mopar stage 1 performance springs, DFS wickerbill, StopTech stainless brake lines, PowerStop high-carbon rotors, Petty's Garage front/rear adjustable sway bars and front/rear four point strut braces

Last edited by Janson; 05-18-2019 at 10:34 AM.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,890 Posts
Garage
On my 2009 SRT, I love the retro styling and performance from the 6.1 engine.

A negative is the difficult rear seat access on the passenger side. Also, I could do without the adaptive automatic transmission.

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 03:18 PM

Garage
Best feature is, of course, the Hemi engine.

The worst feature is the rear seat head rests when lowering the rear seat backs...

Somewhere in the Sonora Desert...
2014 R/T Shaker M6 w/JBA long tubes and exhaust, Magnuson super charger, Fastman throttle body, API fuel hat, HHP custom tune - See the rest in my garage...

Wife: 2015 R/T Plus A8 jazz blue pearl w/ Super Track Pak, A/C-heated leather seats and some other cool stuff,,,
Member:

The Following User Says Thank You to Gila Hemi For This Useful Post:
Stitches1974 (05-19-2019)
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:46 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Best feature is the exhaust IMO
Worst feature is when you get to close to a car, and it screams at you BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE. That helps out alot. Lol
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila Hemi View Post

The worst feature is the rear seat head rests when lowering the rear seat backs...
I wholeheartedly agree on that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stitches1974 For This Useful Post:
Jack44 (05-20-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode