Brampton Shutdown for 2 Weeks - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 12:59 PM
Member
 
Remembr2thngs81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I imagine if you want a current build on a lot your best time is now to get a good deal. The more dealers compete for your business and the more flexible you are with colors/options being a lot car the better deal you will get.

I had six dealers compete for my scat pack factory order and I still ended up about 3K under invoice.
Remembr2thngs81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 01:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Slidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 13,169
Thanks: 3,670
Thanked 3,743 Times in 2,815 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remembr2thngs81 View Post
I couldn't get the scat pack decal bc I opted for the new performance spoiler I like the way it looks and makes the car stand out as a new model year. But for some reason when they went to place the order if I picked thay spoiler I couldn't do the decal
That decal is made especially for the standard spoiler, it's put on after the spoiler is installed and fits tight up against it. Guess the new spoiler is just different enough on the deck that they would have needed a new decal to look right and didn't think it was worth it.


Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Slidd is offline  
post #23 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 01:31 PM
Member
 
Remembr2thngs81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's what I figured So I'm just going to have it custom cut out of matte vinyl same as what I use on my hood so it matches
Remembr2thngs81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Scatpacksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 291
Thanks: 13
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remembr2thngs81 View Post
That's funny we are basically both having the exact same car built and we both live in the north east. I won't be daily driving mine though. I bought mine and this is more of a milestone thing for me. I've wanted a challenger since before they came back out in 08 and when they did I wanted a new one or old. Finally in a position now pushing 40 where I can afford to add this luxury to my life. I have 3 kids so my daily driver is a minivan lol.

But mine is also torred with black ruby red interior. I also opted for no nav. It has everything but also no tech package with adaptive cruise mostly bc mine is 6 speed manual and all you get for manual with that package is auto wipers and high beams for an extra 500 you can keep those things since I won't be taking it out in the rain much anyway and I think I can manage putting my brights on and off.

I did opt for the p zero summer tires bc like I said it will only be driven in good weather and you can't touch that price of 700 add on to buy those same tires after market.

I couldn't get the scat pack decal bc I opted for the new performance spoiler I like the way it looks and makes the car stand out as a new model year. But for some reason when they went to place the order if I picked thay spoiler I couldn't do the decal but it's all good bc when I get it and I have the hood wrapped ill also have the scat pack decal custom done in thr back I want mine to say 392 on the sides anyway in the middle of the stripe.

So yea some minor differences but for the most part same car being built likely around the same time going to the same region. I wonder withbthr slow sales currently how close they will be on the line to back to back what's the last six of your vin?

I am happy with my torred pick with all the options out there I don't see many torred or red in general on the road up our way often.

Is your Scat Pack a Wide Body like mine? The Scat Pack that I ordered is the Wide Body Scat Pack. I just tried adding the SRT Performance Rear Spoiler configuration while on the Dodge ordering website and the SRT Performance Rear Spoiler can be ordered without any problem together with the Scat Pack Bumble Bee Stripe on the Wide Body Scat Pack Challenger.

I'm away and not home right now, so I don't have the paperwork together with me at the moment to look at what the exact last 6 digits of my VIN Number is, but I do definitely remember that they are somewhere between 639200 and 639450. What about you? Are the last 6 digits of the VIN Number on your Scat pack Challenger between 639200 and 639450 like mine? I wonder if both of our Challengers will be close together on the production line sequence being that they both have the same exact color and options on them?

I'm leasing mine for 3 years. The only reason why I decided to lease is because I would have to fork out between $25,000 to $35,000 in cash for a $52,000 car to be able to get reasonable monthly payments on a 5 year or 6 year loan. Also, I will have to worry about my car getting scratches, scuffs and rust on it like I did with my other car (a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T R&T). I'm only going to put between $3,000 and $5,000 down and lease it. I would rather invest the difference that I would've put down buying this car and make a few dollars on it.

I used to own a 2008 Charger R/T Road & Track that I used to drive all year round for the last 11 years. I special ordered and purchased brand new directly from Dodge back in 2008 and I had put over 57,500 miles on it over 11 years. Earlier this month, my Charger got totaled when someone hit me in a parking lot. I just found out early last week from my insurance company that it needed over $14,000 in body work for it to be repaired and the insurance company didn't want to fix it because the repair costs exceeded the actual cash value of the car. So they totaled it and are going to write me a check for $11,017.00 for my car. I needed another car, so I decided to get myself into another Dodge vehicle because I loved my 2008 Charger RT R&T so much. I originally wanted to lease a Charger Scat Pack, but I don't like the styling of the new Charger like I did my 2008 model. However, I've always loved the styling of the Challenger, so I jumped on the opportunity and I special ordered the Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack. I love the looks of the Wide Body better than the regular Challenger Scat Pack. The Wide Body looks more aggressive and I love the bulging fender flares over each wheel. So now, I'm waiting for a build date for it so it can be built and delivered to my dealer. I'm very excited about it and I'm looking forward to enjoying it and driving it for the next 3 years until 2022. After the 3 year lease on it over, I will lease another Challenger Wide Body if it looks just as nice as the one that I just ordered. If not, then I might just lease the new generation Charger. It will all depend on what Dodge does with the body style on both of these models.

Mine comes standard with the regular Scat Pack Rear Spoiler. The rear spoiler that you added to yours as an option looks like it's a little longer than mine and yours angles outwards more extending it beyond edge of the trunk lid and it angles downwards on the sides an inch. The rear spoiler on my Wide Body angles upwards more and it doesn't extend beyond the trunk lid or angle downwards on the sides like yours does. I also have the standard 11" inch all-season performance tires on mine (245/45ZR20 tires) together with the 20" inch x 11" inch Devil's Rim Forged Aluminum Wheels which are the same exact size rims and tires that come standard on the new Hellcat. So basically, my Wide Body Scat Pack has the Hellcat Wide Body flares, rims, tires and suspension.

I live up here in Massachusetts. In which state in the northeast do you live in? It seems like a very long wait for my car to be built and delivered to the dealer. I hope that it gets built and delivered sooner than much later.

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 03-31-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Scatpacksam is offline  
post #25 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 03:31 PM
Member
 
Remembr2thngs81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Man sorry to hear about your charger that sucks but atleast you are getting into the challenger. I live in Connecticut and my scat pack is also a wide body and I so opted for no sunroof too. So basically the same car minus the transmission scat pack sticker and spoiler.

I had the same issue. On the dodge site it was no problem to add both the spoiler and the sticker but when the dealership was in the actual order mainframe linked right to thr factory when they tried selecting the spoiler the sticker shaded out and when selecting the sticker the spoiler shaded out so I figured I'd go for the spoiler bc it's easy enough to after market a custom decal

My last six are 638062.
Remembr2thngs81 is offline  
post #26 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Scatpacksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 291
Thanks: 13
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remembr2thngs81 View Post
Man sorry to hear about your charger that sucks but atleast you are getting into the challenger. I live in Connecticut and my scat pack is also a wide body and I so opted for no sunroof too. So basically the same car minus the transmission scat pack sticker and spoiler.

I had the same issue. On the dodge site it was no problem to add both the spoiler and the sticker but when the dealership was in the actual order mainframe linked right to thr factory when they tried selecting the spoiler the sticker shaded out and when selecting the sticker the spoiler shaded out so I figured I'd go for the spoiler bc it's easy enough to after market a custom decal

My last six are 638062.

Connecticut is not far from me. I always go down to Manchester, Connecticut. I live in southern Massachusetts not far from the Rhode Island border. I never knew that the Dodge build website and the dealership mainframe that's linked to the factory differs for the Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe option for the Wide Body Scat Pack. I placed my Scat Pack Wide Body order at my dealer in on 3/26/19 which is exactly 1 week after you placed your order in on 3/19/19. I was lucky and I got my VIN Number and VON Number on 3/27/19 just one day after I placed my order at the dealer.

The last 6 digits of your VIN Number is 1,000 less than my Vin Number. Does this mean that your Wide Body will be built way before mine? Does the 1,000 difference that's in the VIN Numbers between both of our cars include only the Challenger Wide Body cars or does that 1,000 difference include a combination of all 6 cylinder GT Challengers, 8 cylinder R/T Challengers, regular R/T Scat Packs, Scat Pack Wide Bodies, Hellcats and Hellcat Red Eye Challengers? I wonder how many Challengers are built each day at the Brampton plant?

If our VIN Numbers are off by 1,000, does this 1,000 difference include only the Wide Body Scat pack or does it include the our Wide Bodies plus all of the other Challenger models that are made? It would be interesting to know this. And I'm also wondering whether that 1,000 difference in our VIN Numbers also include all the Chargers and all the Chrysler 300's that already have VIN Numbers too? Does anybody in here who knows about the Brampton factory production process know the answer to this?

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 03-31-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Scatpacksam is offline  
post #27 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Slidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 13,169
Thanks: 3,670
Thanked 3,743 Times in 2,815 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
The last 6 digits of your VIN Number is 1,000 less than my Vin Number. Does this mean that your Wide Body will be built way before mine? Does the 1,000 difference that's in the VIN Numbers between both of our cars include only the Challenger Wide Body cars or does that 1,000 difference include a combination of all 6 cylinder GT Challengers, 8 cylinder R/T Challengers, regular R/T Scat Packs, Scat Pack Wide Bodies, Hellcats and Hellcat Red Eye Challengers? I wonder how many Challengers are built each day at the Brampton plant?

If our VIN Numbers are off by 1,000, does this 1,000 difference include only the Wide Body Scat pack or does it include the our Wide Bodies plus all of the other Challenger models that are made? It would be interesting to know this. And I'm also wondering whether that 1,000 difference in our VIN Numbers also include all the Chargers and all the Chrysler 300's that already have VIN Numbers too? Does anybody in here who knows about the Brampton factory production process know the answer to this?
Cars are not built in VIN order. They generally follow a chronological order from when they are ordered and they are built close to this same order but really they build them in the order they want and the VIN is largely irrelevant.

Brampton builds over 900 cars per day and also this includes Charger and the Chrysler 300 and they all share the same VIN sequence so in those 1,000 numbers will be anything and everything. Figure they build about 300 Challengers per day, 6 days per week.

So you can't really make any determination from a VIN on whose car will be built first. You would think all things being equal that the lower VIN would.but it's only 1,000 numbers and they'll burn thru those numbers in a day, so the other car might be built the next day.





Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Slidd is offline  
post #28 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 10:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Scatpacksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 291
Thanks: 13
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
That decal is made especially for the standard spoiler, it's put on after the spoiler is installed and fits tight up against it. Guess the new spoiler is just different enough on the deck that they would have needed a new decal to look right and didn't think it was worth it.


Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Are you absolutely sure about this? Why does the Dodge build website currently allow the Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe Decal to be mated together with the SRT Performance Spoiler when you choose both options and click on both options? I took a careful look at both rear spoilers that are shown in the pictures on the Dodge Build website. Both spoilers look like they cover the same width on the rear trunk and on each side on the edge of each quarter panel. The only difference is that the SRT Performance Spoiler is angled and sloped less vertically upwards and more horizontally outwards and it also protrudes outwards more beyond the edge of the trunk lid and overhangs over the rear tail lights. The standard spoiler doesn't do that and it only slopes vertically upwards more in a steeper angle and it doesn't overhang beyond the edge of the trunk over the tail lights like the SRT Performance Spoiler does. I've also noticed that there's the same space gap in the area between the bottom of the spoiler and the top surface of the trunk allowing both the standard spoiler and the optional SRT Performance Spoiler to have enough space underneath it to be able to fit the Scat Pack Bumblebee decal if needed. I'm wondering if Dodge already fixed the issue with the Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe issue fitting underneath the optional SRT Performance Spoiler allowing one to now be able to choose the SRT Performance Spoiler without any problem anymore when also choosing the Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe together with the optional SRT Performance Spoiler.

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 03-31-2019 at 11:11 PM.
Scatpacksam is offline  
post #29 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Slidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 13,169
Thanks: 3,670
Thanked 3,743 Times in 2,815 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
Are you absolutely sure about this? Why does the Dodge build website currently allow the Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe Decal to be mated together with the SRT Performance Spoiler when you choose both options and click on both options? I took a careful look at both rear spoilers that are shown in the pictures on the Dodge Build website. Both spoilers look like they cover the same width on the rear trunk and on each side on the edge of each quarter panel. The only difference is that the SRT Performance Spoiler is angled and sloped less vertically upwards and more horizontally outwards and it also protrudes outwards more beyond the edge of the trunk lid and overhangs over the rear tail lights. The standard spoiler doesn't do that and it only slopes vertically upwards more in a steeper angle and it doesn't overhang beyond the edge of the trunk over the tail lights like the SRT Performance Spoiler does. I've also noticed that there's the same space gap in the area between the bottom of the spoiler and the top surface of the trunk allowing both the standard spoiler and the optional SRT Performance Spoiler to have enough space underneath it to be able to fit the Scat Pack Bumblebee decal if needed. I'm wondering if Dodge already fixed the issue with the Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe issue fitting underneath the optional SRT Performance Spoiler allowing one to now be able to choose the SRT Performance Spoiler without any problem anymore when also choosing the Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe together with the optional SRT Performance Spoiler.
I'm not sure I'm absolutely sure about anything!

But if your basing what is and what is not available on the Dodge website you will not always get the right information.

That rear bumblebee stripe came out in 2015 and was designed specifically for the Scat Pack and the spoiler in use at the time. The stripe is notched to lay down perfectly along the front edge of the spoiler on the trunk and is installed after the spoiler as is factory procedure. So I don't know if the new SRT spoiler lays out on the decklid the same way and if the stripe will work or not, I was just thinking there could be a slight difference and now the stripe won't work.

I'll tell you this, I don't always believe the Dodge website, I'll look for a car already built and it's build sheet for verification and I have not yet seen a 19 with the new spoiler and stripe together. Just looked at a bunch of Scat Packs on cars.com and found 10 cars with the rear stripe and not a single one had the new SRT spoiler, they all had the old spoiler. That's pretty good evidence for the two not being available together but if I see one I'll post it up.



Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Slidd is offline  
post #30 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Scatpacksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 291
Thanks: 13
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just got off the live chat with Dodge Customer Service and asked them about whether or not Dodge can assign D1 Status on a Challenger while the Brampton Plant is temporarily closed for the next 2 weeks. The Dodge customer service agent told me that there is no way that Dodge is able to assign D1 Status to my car while they are temporarily shut down and that my D1 Status will occur only after the Brampton plant reopens on April 15th. The salesman told me the opposite today that Dodge can assign a D1 Status together with a build date before they reopen even though the Brampton plant will be temporarily closed for 2 weeks.
Do you think that Dodge customer service gave me the correct information and that they are right about this or do you think my dealer was right? Who should I believe? Also, does anybody in here know the answer to this? It would really be nice to get the D1 Status with the build date during the temporary shutdown of the plant before the plant reopens on April 15th. However, I have a feeling that this isn't going to happen.

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 04-01-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Scatpacksam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FCA deal with Unifor may include $245 million investment at Brampton BanditWS6 General Challenger Discussion 0 10-10-2016 11:30 PM
Brampton assembly plant. ironman General Challenger Discussion 24 09-16-2015 09:15 AM
Big Thanks to Brampton Builder, Resume Speed & Jeff @ SRT SlowSRT8 SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) 11 01-19-2015 03:59 PM
Brampton Meet June 22, 2014 iamawild1 North-East 44 07-26-2014 03:11 PM
Brampton Meet Sunday June 22 1970FJ6T/A Mid-West 7 07-11-2014 03:33 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome