Brampton Shutdown for 2 Weeks - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How long will they be shut down if "idiot in chief" closes the Mexican border? Will they be able to get engines?
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Julian For This Useful Post:
vipergts2207 (04-04-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Julian View Post
How long will they be shut down if "idiot in chief" closes the Mexican border? Will they be able to get engines?

I've been thinking the same thing in my mind. The engines in the Scat Pack Wide Body are all manufactured in Mexico. We are screwed if all commerce is shut down on the Mexican/American border. If this happens, our cars will delay getting built. I hope that this never happens because if it does happen, I'm going to be very disappointed.
post #33 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 08:38 PM

Does anybody in here know whether or not Dodge gives out D1 Status together with Build Dates to the Dodge Challenger during the entire time span while the Brampton plant is closed during the next 2 weeks from April 1st to April 14th?
In other words, can the D1 Status and Build Date for a Challenger order be determined electronically and automatically updated from D Status to D1 Status in Dodge's computer system while the Brampton plant is temporarily closed? Or does the plant have to be open and fully functional with production occurring in order for Dodge to update the status from D to D1 for a car order? How does this process work at the Brampton plant when the plant is temporarily shut down like it is right now? Does anybody have the inside scoop on this?

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 04-01-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Julian View Post
I certainly hope our President does shut it down. Try living here, or better yet talk to a border agent.

"And I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts." Ronald Reagan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slideways For This Useful Post:
Jimmy N. (04-08-2019), KDodge75 (04-01-2019)
post #35 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,428 Times in 2,622 Posts
Garage
Again, in before political discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
I just got off the live chat with Dodge Customer Service and asked them about whether or not Dodge can assign D1 Status on a Challenger while the Brampton Plant is temporarily closed for the next 2 weeks. The Dodge customer service agent told me that there is no way that Dodge is able to assign D1 Status to my car while they are temporarily shut down and that my D1 Status will occur only after the Brampton plant reopens on April 15th. The salesman told me the opposite today that Dodge can assign a D1 Status together with a build date before they reopen even though the Brampton plant will be temporarily closed for 2 weeks.
Do you think that Dodge customer service gave me the correct information and that they are right about this or do you think my dealer was right? Who should I believe? Also, does anybody in here know the answer to this? It would really be nice to get the D1 Status with the build date during the temporary shutdown of the plant before the plant reopens on April 15th. However, I have a feeling that this isn't going to happen.
Sam, I know you are anxious, but really, you'd be better off to just go with the flow. No one really knows the answer. I suspect the Dodge agent doesn't even know. I sincerely doubt there will be any status changes during the shutdown. In fact, if I were you, I'd count on it. If by some wonder stroke it does happen, you'll be pleasantly surprised

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #36 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Again, in before political discussion

Sam, I know you are anxious, but really, you'd be better off to just go with the flow. No one really knows the answer. I suspect the Dodge agent doesn't even know. I sincerely doubt there will be any status changes during the shutdown. In fact, if I were you, I'd count on it. If by some wonder stroke it does happen, you'll be pleasantly surprised

A Guy

I know that nobody knows the answer. That's what's bothering me. Everyone is clueless about this particular question and they all give different answers. It would've been nice if they weren't clueless and if they could give a straight answer to this question regarding whether a Challenger order can move up into D1 Status from its current D Status during the time while the Brampton plant is closed for the next 2 weeks. I would think that this particular stage (going from D Stage to D1 Stage) is a stage that's decided "electronically" by the Dodge's computer system and that it's "not" a particular stage (like let's say assembly) that requires the Brampton plant to be open for production. Unless it's the case that Dodge's computer system is also temporarily shut down at the same time as the Brampton plant is temporarily shut down. I wish that there was an insider here on this forum who works at the Brampton plant that knew the answer to this.

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 04-02-2019 at 04:01 AM.
post #37 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:34 PM

Thanked 3,674 Times in 2,763 Posts
We had the best insider ever but FCA shut them all down. The SRT people on the phone are not gonna know, maybe the regional manager over your dealership will but all we can do here is to try and predict what they will do from past events but this one is hard because they might have already have the new D1 cars assigned after they get back but yours didn't make the cut. It might quickly change early though but we're just guessing. You do have a sold order and the POC with your name on it right?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
We had the best insider ever but FCA shut them all down. The SRT people on the phone are not gonna know, maybe the regional manager over your dealership will but all we can do here is to try and predict what they will do from past events but this one is hard because they might have already have the new D1 cars assigned after they get back but yours didn't make the cut. It might quickly change early though but we're just guessing. You do have a sold order and the POC with your name on it right?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yes, I have a sold order together with an order number (VON) and a VIN Number. The status on my car is D Status and it says "Firm schedule:serial number is assigned" on my Priced Order Confirmation Sheet (POC).
post #39 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 05:00 PM

I have the same. Here's hoping we to to D1 soon after the end of shutdown.
post #40 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 11:02 AM

I have been in “I” status for inspection since Monday so I got a bad feeling my car may be stuck in shutdown. Oh well, maybe May rebates will be better than April’s if I get pushed into next month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode