Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: southern New Jersey
Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,887 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Challenger 10th Anniversary Contest
This year, 2016, marks the 10th anniversary of the debut of the 2006 Challenger concept car. As you know, this was a very exciting time for all Challenger enthusiasts- after a long wait of 34 years! In commemoration of this momentous event, Challengertalk will be holding a trivia contest to test members' knowledge.
The first place winner will receive a lifetime membership and be featured on the homepage. The second place winner will receive a premium membership for 5 years and the third place winner will receive a 2-year premium membership.
The contest will run for 5 days, from March 12 to March 17, 2016. To keep everyone's answers secure, your responses to the following 25 questions should be sent to me, via PM message. I will grade them and announce the winners. Good luck to all!
Here are the Challenger concept trivia questions:
1. Name the month/year and the name of the event in which the Challenger concept first appeared. 2. Name the three current and former executives of Daimler-Chrysler who appeared on the stage.
3. Which Hollywood actress also made an appearance on the stage?
4. A FedEx box was opened on stage. What four things were in the box?
5. What was the name of the other concept car that was introduced?
6. What was the full name of the studio that designed the concept car?
7. What were the names of the two exterior and interior designers of the concept car?
8. How many employees worked for the design studio? 10-20, 21-30, or 40+.
9. What was the year that the studio was charged with creating a MOPAR concept car?
10. What four cars were used as ideas for a MOPAR concept car?
11. Why was the 1970 Challenger selected as the design inspiration over the 1971 model?
12. Was the studio initially aware that its concept car would go into production?
13. What other color was considered for the Challenger concept car?
14. Which Chrysler executive coined the phrase, “in your mind’s eye?”
15. What style wheels were originally considered for the Challenger concept?
16. What two features on the Challenger concept were influenced by guns?
17. Which company built the concept car?
18. What was the composition of its body?
19. Two classic Challengers were used by the design studio for inspiration. What were their years?
20. Was the concept car an R/T, SRT, or no designation?
21. Comments from what automotive magazine’s blog influenced Chrysler executives to have two doors and a manual transmission for the concept?
22. Why didn’t the concept car have a racing gas cap, like the 2008 SRT production model?
23. There are about 38 differences (some significant, some minor) between the concept car and the 2008 SRT production model. Name 10 of them. (Note- You can get a 5 point bonus by naming 30 differences).
24. At what NASCAR race, on 7/1/06, did Chrysler announce that it would produce the 2008 Challenger?
25. Dodge had an on-line Event Countdown Clock. At what date and hour (CST) did it signal the start of production for the 2008 model?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.