Challenger Hellcat Tries to Outrun Cops @ 130+ MPH! - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015SXT View Post
My auto insurance [ Liberty ] must of seen that photo of the HELLCAT chase wreck.
I have a perfect driving record and my new policy starts mid June 2019 and went up almost $ 350.00.

Now I have to start looking.
OUCH! That's just not right. Good luck, hope you find a better ins. co.

2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
Jazz Blue, Ruby Red Leather, A8, Scat Pack Appearance Group
Tazer, BT catch can, ported intake manifold, Hemifever Tune, Fastman 84mm TB.
SW mid pipes, Performance differential brace, BMR non adjustable trailing arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:20 PM

Good job Colorado. Smh. Too many idiots in the world.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:37 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
My auto insurance [ Liberty ] must of seen that photo of the HELLCAT chase wreck.
I have a perfect driving record and my new policy starts mid June 2019 and went up almost $ 350.00.

I was with Nationwide for over 20 years. My only claim was getting 2 tires slashed. I switched to Liberty and was saving over $400 a year off what I was paying Nationwide.

Then, I noticed my renewals inching up each year. I switched to AAA this time, saving me another $300 a year. I'm not calling out any insurance company, but I think they will all figure you will be lazy and not compare rates with other insurance companies. Thus more money they can extract from your wallet.

2016 SXT+ Airaid CAI. Fastman ported throttle body. Bright pedals. Billet Technology catch can. Petty front shock tower brace. 1 of 524 Plumb-crazy SXT's for 2016.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MEKrunner For This Useful Post:
2015SXT (05-14-2019), Fawls (05-15-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEKrunner View Post
Quote:

I was with Nationwide for over 20 years. My only claim was getting 2 tires slashed. I switched to Liberty and was saving over $400 a year off what I was paying Nationwide.

Then, I noticed my renewals inching up each year. I switched to AAA this time, saving me another $300 a year. I'm not calling out any insurance company, but I think they will all figure you will be lazy and not compare rates with other insurance companies. Thus more money they can extract from your wallet.
I was with progressive for 5 years and it was $120 when I first started. Somehow over 5 years it had jumped all the way up to $260 a month. Then I found out they never gave me a discount for moving or my bundles package with home/car and they had to pay me back for a year at $25 a month. I added my new Challenger and they quoted me $299 a MONTH for 2 cars! I’m switching to American family insurance who quoted me $151 for the EXACT same coverages for a year policy for both of mine and my wife’s car.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cominfromcamaro View Post
I was with progressive for 5 years and it was $120 when I first started. Somehow over 5 years it had jumped all the way up to $260 a month. Then I found out they never gave me a discount for moving or my bundles package with home/car and they had to pay me back for a year at $25 a month. I added my new Challenger and they quoted me $299 a MONTH for 2 cars! I’m switching to American family insurance who quoted me $151 for the EXACT same coverages for a year policy for both of mine and my wife’s car.
I was with American Family for 10 years. Was always happy to give them my business. Too bad they don't insure vehicles in Florida or I'd still have them.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:55 PM

Garage
My wife works with a guy who's friend " had " a Hellcat. He got so many tickets that the wife made him sell it because their insurance went through the roof. He now drives a 4 banger econo ride. I drive my Hemi Javelin more aggressively than my new widebody Scat Pack since I still need to get used to the new ride.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
My auto insurance [ Liberty ] must of seen that photo of the HELLCAT chase wreck. I have a perfect driving record and my new policy starts mid June 2019 and went up almost $ 350.00. Now I have to start looking.

Know this thread is concerning a real moron that was placing innocent lives at risk, but as far as insurance goes, give Hagerty a try. Dodge teamed up with them a while back as an option for the car buyer to get insurance from a performance minded company. Have both the 09 & 18 insured through them and you set the total loss pay out limit and it stays at that level until you change it.

HOT ROD ON
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:18 AM

It occurrs to me that this guy might have been trying to do a Kowalski. But didn't make it quite as far. That's the main road out of Denver on the way to San Francisco isn't it? Same car (sort of), same route, same sense of urgency. Heh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode