Challenger R/T... not fast?! - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fast is all relative. My 1998 Ducati 748, will do 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds and the 1/4 mile in about 11 seconds and has a top speed of about 155 mph. When I am on the bike, it feels as fast. My 999 will do 0-60 in under 3 seconds and the 1/4 mile in about 10.5 seconds. Both bikes are slow by modern sport bike standards. But, I can’t tell that when I am on the gas. Same with my 6.1 Challenger.

2010 Challenger SRT8 M6: TorRed, Barton (skip shift+), Mopar Performance Long Ram CAI and Exhaust Tips, Fastman TB mod, Speedlogix Strut Tower Brace (front and rear), Brass Monkey Wheels (clones), Arrington Catch Can, 30% Tint (doubles the hp)
2016 Subaru CrossTrek (daily driver)
2006 Ducati 999s (scary fast)
1998 Ducati 748 SPS (far from stock)

"Who Dares Wins"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:08 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I guess maybe it's because I remember how slow cars got back in the late '70's, but a 13 second car that does 0-60 in about 5 seconds is not slow. We are so jaded now, if we were told in '79 that 30 years later the middle Challenger would have 370+ HP and run 13's off the showroom floor, we wouldn't have believed it.

King, my "Dog of a lifetime" 12/23/1998-12/13/2012, Super smart, super stubborn, and, as a couple of dog trainers said, "King is an Evil Genius", "He has zero tolerance for idiots, human or dog!". Stupid people were ignored.

2018 Challenger R/T Scatpack, TorRed, A8, Dynamics package, HK Stereo, Leather, Convenience package.
Bought 7/14/18.
Best E.T.- [email protected] (by the dash timer)

2010 Challenger R/T, auto, in Hemi Orange. Traded on 7/14/18.
Best E.T.- [email protected]
post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:50 AM

Its all relative. Who cares. Better question is how much horse power is enough for you.

2015 Scatpack 392 M6
Black/black
Stainless Works LT Headers
High flow cats
Resonator delete
274 Comp Cam with vvt limiter
Arrington 84 mm throttle body
Barton short throw shifter
Unlocked PCM
Diablo Sport Tuner
HHP Tune
Mopar CAI
Mopar front/rear strut tower braces
Speedlogix SS eliminator
Black lug nuts with Hellcat center caps
Mopar Performance Lowering Springs
Hellcat ram air intake
Hellcat red start button
275 Nittos
Heated/Ventilated seats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgfr View Post
Dude, again with the dissertation lol I think its fast too...

I've had 47 cars of all kinds..and I am 63 years old so I know the "history" of fast. I was generally speaking of my definition of fast. My stick Scat will do 0-60 in 4.4 with granny launch on street tires.
Dissertation?

"Dude".......make a comment without some supporting evidence for context and you're just another person with an opinion that means little to anyone beyond you alone.
post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevetown View Post
Its all relative. Who cares. Better question is how much horse power is enough for you.
There you go...... that about sums it up. Each of us brings their own idea of what the car needs to have for it to meet our idea of the Challenger we want to own.

Chrysler sells a lot of 6 cylinder cars too. It wouldn't be something I'd ever buy but for a lot of people it's all they need or maybe it's an MPG priority they are after.

On the other end of the scale there are people who want to take their street car drag racing this person isn't likely to buy anything less than a super charged version of the car.
post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08blackrt View Post
I guess maybe it's because I remember how slow cars got back in the late '70's, but a 13 second car that does 0-60 in about 5 seconds is not slow. We are so jaded now, if we were told in '79 that 30 years later the middle Challenger would have 370+ HP and run 13's off the showroom floor, we wouldn't have believed it.
I think I'd have easily believed the power if not MORE power. 30 years is a LONG TIME to sort out the power/emissions problem car companies were facing at the time.

What I'd been far less likely to believe is found in the idea of a Retro Challenger available and maybe I shouldn't be so very surprised that we have the Corvette, Camaro, Mustang and Challenger still around. Corvette aside, the pony cars always were better than the Muscle cars in general and as a group the Baby Boomers are a huge demographic group. Today and for some time now we have had the lion's share of the nation's wealth. Small wonder the best cars of our youth are something GM, Ford and Chrysler still see as market worthy.

The millennial's are a HUGE group too and their influence is starting to edge us out. What comes next for cars and trucks or even just how transportation works in general probably looks very different.
post #37 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:36 AM

Garage
This is one of those posts that should have stayed buried in 2018. LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hellcat
post #38 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:01 AM

Garage
Fast enough for me. 380 HP in my current form.

Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a Dodge
Drinking warm beer in the soft summer rain
post #39 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA 392 YJ View Post
Dissertation?

"Dude".......make a comment without some supporting evidence for context and you're just another person with an opinion that means little to anyone beyond you alone.

Dude...or person that identifies with dude...

Supporting evidence for what? Evidence is not needed for what I said... and on top of that there is plenty of supporting out there already. You might be better off listening more and talking less. It's the internet dude...chill

and dam...holy old thread batman...

My past fun cars..

3 1965 GTO's and an 05 GTO
1 00 GTP
3 TA's 76/85/01
2 Mustangs 96 GT and 04 Mach1
3 Hemi ram trucks 03/12/14 Bighorn
5 Corvettes /07/11/ 12/13/15
TRADED
2012 Challenger SRT 6sp manual.
Traded
2013 arctic white corvette 6 speed manual.
2015 Corvette Stingray Sold 8 15 2015
Traded
2015 RT 392 Scat Pack M6 Torred. stripper.
Current
2016 R/T Scat pack 392 Shaker. Bright White SPAG M6 (1 of 306)

Last edited by hawkgfr; 04-03-2019 at 10:26 AM.
post #40 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA 392 YJ View Post
I think I'd have easily believed the power if not MORE power. 30 years is a LONG TIME to sort out the power/emissions problem car companies were facing at the time.

What I'd been far less likely to believe is found in the idea of a Retro Challenger available and maybe I shouldn't be so very surprised that we have the Corvette, Camaro, Mustang and Challenger still around. Corvette aside, the pony cars always were better than the Muscle cars in general and as a group the Baby Boomers are a huge demographic group. Today and for some time now we have had the lion's share of the nation's wealth. Small wonder the best cars of our youth are something GM, Ford and Chrysler still see as market worthy.

The millennial's are a HUGE group too and their influence is starting to edge us out. What comes next for cars and trucks or even just how transportation works in general probably looks very different.

wow another dissertation..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode