Challenger R/T or R/T ScatPack? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Challenger R/T or R/T ScatPack?

I can’t decide between the challenger R/T or R/T ScatPack. Why is one better than the other? Which one has better gas mileage? I want the R/T but I like how fast the Scatpack is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:46 PM

The r/t is the 5.7 engine and the r/t scat is 6.4 liter.
Other than that I'm not sure.

2019 wide body Scat
Foot print gas pedal ( just kidding)
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:24 PM

Get the 6.4 liter Scat Pack Wide Body. The Scat Pack Wide Body is much better. It has better handling and more horsepower. I just received my Scat Pack Wide Body today. I love the car very much. It's very responsive with its 485 horsepower/475 ft. lbs. of torque. It grips the road and it has excellent handling. The Scat Pack Wide Body is like night and day when compared to the 5.7 liter R/T and to the regular Scat Pack. The regular Scat Pack has the same 6.4 liter engine as the Scat Pack Wide Body. However, the Wide Body has better suspension and handling because it has the Hellcat wheels, brakes, tires and suspension as well as the beautiful wide body fender flares. The Wide Body Scat Pack grips the road much better than the regular Scat Pack and 5.7 liter R/T.

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 06-10-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:08 PM

Garage
Having owned an R/T, IMO the Scat is miles better. BUT, it’s all in how you drive and intend to use it. I love the low end power on tap that my R/T didn’t give me, but some are perfectly happy and love their R/T’s. I suggest test driving both and do some real thinking about how your driving style is.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:10 PM

The Scat Pack is better in pretty much every way other than gas mileage. And even then, it’s not that much worse. It costs a little more, but you won’t find better bang for your buck than the Scat Pack.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:15 PM

Go test drive both.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:19 AM

Test drive them and compare for yourself. The money saved on the R/T could go towards some appearance mods to make it really stand out in a crowd. If I were in the market today I would be looking for a T/A personally, at least it justifies having that AAR 'Cuda hood, and I have only saw 2 of them, an orange 392 and a green 5.7l. Personally I love my R/T plus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_20180804_092653.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	448.7 KB
ID:	947089  
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Julian For This Useful Post:
ChallengerR/TFan (06-11-2019)
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:24 AM

We have the 2018 RT+, wife liked the car. I'm disappointed for being a RT+ that it lacks many of the small options that our Charger V6 had. Go with the 392 - my opinion a better handling car. If concerned about milage - get a 6. The 392 & or 5.7 aren't bad considering the power. READ the options package if getting new.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:44 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvette View Post
I can’t decide between the challenger R/T or R/T ScatPack. Why is one better than the other? Which one has better gas mileage? I want the R/T but I like how fast the Scatpack is.
MPG difference is negligible, and the only reason to buy an R/T over the Scat Pack is because the Scat Pack is not in your budget and you really want a V8.

Get a Scat Pack.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:54 AM

Thanked 1,123 Times in 805 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yes, Scat Pack all day long if the extra cost is not a big deal.

Now: '15 R/T Scat Pack A8 Pitch Black, Appearance Group, Leather, SG II [email protected] DA 6500([email protected] corrected)
-catch can, Hellcat airbox/filter, 180 tstat, Opti-Coat Pro+, ceramic tint, clear bra...and some other crap too
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former: '12 Challenger SRT8 Pitch Black 6-speed, stripe delete [email protected] DA 7100(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
corrected)
Former: '06 300C SRT8
(DA -700)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode