converting to E85 - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
the fuel hat arrived and it looks great.
I called MMX about how to plug the factory feed lines and they said there is a device made by Fore that I need to allow the fuel from the pass side tank to circulate to the driver side.
Does anyone know what this is called and where I can get it?

edit: disregard, i found the items needed on Fore's website. I would think MMX would offer these as they are required to use the setup I ordered.
https://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/2-910.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel hat 3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	939973   Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel hat 2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	939975   Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel hat 1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	466.5 KB
ID:	939977  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 Eco Diesel GDE tune, fully loaded, hers.
2010 R/T 6M 500HP Daily driver
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6.1 based [email protected]:1,Howards Cam,ported heads/intake,Fore Hat,52# Deatschwerks injectors,AFR shaker,Derale oil cooler,Barton STS,shorty headers,3" solo performance duals,BBK 85,HP tuned,Jet 180*,BT Catch Can,SLP locks,BT dash kit,MP hood struts,sequential tails, 20x10 Hellcat chromes wrapped in 305 Pirellis,rear cam,park sense.
09 Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit 1255 I-4 - Yoshi exhaust, WP seat

Last edited by chizzle1; 02-20-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 12:33 PM

converting to E85

I ran full content e85 on my 392 with nothing other than ID1000ís and a tune. Really loved the lack of knock. The low end torque picked up quite a bit as well. Iím in the midst of gathering a content sensor and gage to go e85 now on my 426.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ronan978 For This Useful Post:
chizzle1 (02-21-2019), GreeninTN (02-20-2019)
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:07 PM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzle1 View Post
the fuel hat arrived and it looks great.
I called MMX about how to plug the factory feed lines and they said there is a device made by Fore that I need to allow the fuel from the pass side tank to circulate to the driver side.
Does anyone know what this is called and where I can get it?

edit: disregard, i found the items needed on Fore's website. I would think MMX would offer these as they are required to use the setup I ordered.
https://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/2-910.htm

Modern muscle isnít the best at communication
I had several Issues when I bought 5 grand worth of motor parts from them they send the wrong pushrods and the threw a fit when I asked to talk to Dave ( Chris is the one that answers the phone ). Then they complained about shipping stuff nda to me when I need it as the engine builder was on the phone with them explaining the issues. And the engine is in the stand sitting taking up time and money for there builds

I will NEVER EVER BUY OR RECCOMEND them ever again. Service is horrible and they really only care about big builds that get promotion for them out of it

2009 SRT
MAGNUSON TVS 2300 12LB BLOWER WITH ARRINGTON PERFORMANCE TUNED & DROP IN PISTONS AND RODS, KOOKS LONG TUBE HEADERS
ARRINGTON FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
BILLET TECH FUEL DOOR BADGE, DOORLOCK PINS, DEVO STRUT TOWER COVERS, COMPLETE UNDERHOOD KIT IN RED, POP CAN DELETE DISC'S, SRT WHEEL CENTERS, DOOR JAM INSERTS,
CANTON SUPER CHARGER COOLANT TANK
BARTON SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH MOPAR SHORT THROW HANDLE]
CUSTOM HEAD RESTS
SPEEDLOGIX A-PILLAR POD W/ AUTOMETER CARBON FIBER GUAGES
The Following User Says Thank You to us1champ For This Useful Post:
chizzle1 (02-21-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan978 View Post
I ran full content e85 on my 392 with nothing other than ID1000ís and a tune. Really loved the lack of knock. The low end torque picked up quite a bit as well. Iím in the midst of gathering a content sensor and gage to go e85 now on my 426.

Your car is a lot newer than mine, I didn't want to chance the 10 year old fuel lines and the tiny rail cross-over line on deteriorating.
The tuner I use said I should pick-up between 25-35 hp with the timing using E-85, I'm currently at 500hp 530tq to the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
Modern muscle isnít the best at communication
I had several Issues when I bought 5 grand worth of motor parts from them they send the wrong pushrods and the threw a fit when I asked to talk to Dave ( Chris is the one that answers the phone ). Then they complained about shipping stuff nda to me when I need it as the engine builder was on the phone with them explaining the issues. And the engine is in the stand sitting taking up time and money for there builds

I will NEVER EVER BUY OR RECCOMEND them ever again. Service is horrible and they really only care about big builds that get promotion for them out of it

yeah, I'm starting to figure that out.
I definitely recommend Fore Innovations they took the time to answer my questions and emailed me a schematic to help with the wiring setup.

Summit also provided outstanding customer service, I ordered all the fittings and line yesterday.
They ensured I had o-ring and flare ends where needed, cross-referenced Summit parts to save me some cash, and offered a veteran discount.
Summit has always been good to me.

So the plumbing should be here Friday, I'm attaching a image of the parts I ordered.
The regulator is by Holley and most of the rest is Summit brand.

I still need to put the wiring kit together, I picked some 12 AWG wire and a 20 amp relay yesterday.

More to follow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	parts list 1.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	940027   Click image for larger version

Name:	parts list 2.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	940029  
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:33 AM

[QUOTE=chizzle1;8435541]Your car is a lot newer than mine, I didn't want to chance the 10 year old fuel lines and the tiny rail cross-over line on deteriorating.

The tuner I use said I should pick-up between 25-35 hp with the timing using E-85, I'm currently at 500hp 530tq to the wheels.

Those are pretty stout numbers , you should definitely see a good jump in power. Dollar for hp/tq I think e85 is a win win. Then you factor in the lack of knock and itís even better. The only reason I stopped using it is it was very temperamental when the temperature drops. So for me itís about April through October and Iím good. The other thing to consider is having a content sensor, gage, and a flex tune , reason is from what Iíve seen the pump e85 is not consistent. The barrels are a little pricey too. Iíve seen a few guys buying the e98 by the barrel and filling up e85 at the pump then getting the content up by adding the e98. Just things to consider.

post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
[quote=Ronan978;8435549]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzle1 View Post
Your car is a lot newer than mine, I didn't want to chance the 10 year old fuel lines and the tiny rail cross-over line on deteriorating.

Those are pretty stout numbers , you should definitely see a good jump in power. Dollar for hp/tq I think e85 is a win win. Then you factor in the lack of knock and itís even better. The only reason I stopped using it is it was very temperamental when the temperature drops. So for me itís about April through October and Iím good. The other thing to consider is having a content sensor, gage, and a flex tune , reason is from what Iíve seen the pump e85 is not consistent. The barrels are a little pricey too. Iíve seen a few guys buying the e98 by the barrel and filling up e85 at the pump then getting the content up by adding the e98. Just things to consider.

The knock is the main reason I'm converting, too much compression for 93. I can't really use 6th gear without getting knock unless I'm going 85+.

I've been watching the forums in my area (central Texas) and it seems HEB has pretty consistent E85 fuel, some of the members have used devices to measure (like this one https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp...f-e85-testing/) and it's ranged from 83-86% ethanol.
Additionally I'll back it off 1-2 degrees for daily driving, just to make sure.
WOT tuning is not too hard, only took me 6-10 pulls to get AFR & timing dialed in.
I take it to the tuner I trust to make it more user friendly (part throttle driving).
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:52 AM

Absolutely, Iím currently using Aj (hemituner) and couldnít be more pleased. Iím going back in the next week or so to swap for a 6.1 manifold and put my id1000ís back in for a new dyno tune and talk about the e85. Right now with the 426 and their cam , I couldnít be happier with the drivability. Really curious to see what kind of gains itíll make on e85.

post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan978 View Post
Absolutely, Iím currently using Aj (hemituner) and couldnít be more pleased. Iím going back in the next week or so to swap for a 6.1 manifold and put my id1000ís back in for a new dyno tune and talk about the e85. Right now with the 426 and their cam , I couldnít be happier with the drivability. Really curious to see what kind of gains itíll make on e85.

if you have the time and the tools port match the 6.1 intake and have it powder coated.
The powder coating improves airflow by removing a lot of the rough surface and the port matching reduces turbulence.
I did this and was pleased with the results, and the looks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	inside intake 2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	940037   Click image for larger version

Name:	intake cover on.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	940039   Click image for larger version

Name:	inside intake.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	940041   Click image for larger version

Name:	intake porting1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	940043   Click image for larger version

Name:	14feb.jpg
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	940045  

The Following User Says Thank You to chizzle1 For This Useful Post:
Ronan978 (02-21-2019)
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 09:06 AM

Powdercoat the inside! Thats a neat trick I never would have thought of.

My GWE in the For Sale section!

post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:53 AM

converting to E85

Iíve actually been porting my owners well. I did all the flash casting already and opened up the TB opening, Iím just waiting on my gasket to port match those. The heads have already been ported and gasket matched as well. As far as the powder coating, I think it may be beneficial as far as heat dissipation, and definitely looks awesome, but on the inside the rough surface is irrelevant as it is a boundary layer, so long as all the flash cast is ground down. Similar to a polished head that nowadays people are dimpling instead for the better atomization of fuel. The intake side of the engine can be rough to the touch , the air touching the surface is kind of like lube for the air passing through(if that makes any sense), however on the exhaust side polishing can help with less build up of carbon.

Last edited by Ronan978; 02-22-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode