Dealer told me car is in D1 status with VIN - does that mean build date is scheduled? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 02:35 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update: I think they're moving along quick, my order just got updated to D1 - Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built - and I've received a VIN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 07:02 PM

Ordered mine on 10-30.....D1 status 11-09.....Build scheduled week of 11-23........Hopefully by Christmas it will be here, Never ordered a car before but it seems the Brampton guys are whipping these out pretty fast. Anybody else with experience feel free to chime in.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:41 PM

I received the D1 Status on my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body on April 2nd. Dodge customer service says that the estimated deliver date is April 17th. What I don't understand is how my car will be delivered to me from 525 miles away in just 2 days after they build it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:50 PM

Thanked 3,674 Times in 2,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
I received the D1 Status on my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body on April 2nd. Dodge customer service says that the estimated deliver date is April 17th. What I don't understand is how my car will be delivered to me from 525 miles away in just 2 days after they build it?
It won't. This same problem happened during the January shutdown with build dates being assigned like the plant was open. Even if your car was built on the 15th and it takes about a day and a half at Brampton, it still has to go to the Upfitter so I still say about mid-May at the earliest to get your car.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
It won't. This same problem happened during the January shutdown with build dates being assigned like the plant was open. Even if your car was built on the 15th and it takes about a day and a half at Brampton, it still has to go to the Upfitter so I still say about mid-May at the earliest to get your car.

No build date was assigned to it. Only a delivery date was assigned.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
No build date was assigned to it. Only a delivery date was assigned.
Customer service must have a program that estimates dates based on time without looking at what is really going on. When guys were first ordering their Redeyes they were giving them build dates in a few weeks when everybody knew that production would not start til months later in October but still didn't stop them from getting these unrealistic build dates of which none of them turned out to be true.

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Customer service must have a program that estimates dates based on time without looking at what is really going on. When guys were first ordering their Redeyes they were giving them build dates in a few weeks when everybody knew that production would not start til months later in October but still didn't stop them from getting these unrealistic build dates of which none of them turned out to be true.

Maybe the build date will be adjusted once the Brampton plant reopens on April 15th. However, the good thing about my Challenger order is that the Dodge plant has all the parts on hand that are needed to build my car readily available on location inside the plant. So when they reopen on April 15th, they can put the build date on their list and just build the car without having to wait for the parts.

Another thing which comes into my mind is I wonder how many orders of Challengers that are unbuilt yet which need to be built after the Brampton plant reopens on April 15th?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Another thing which comes into my mind is I wonder how many orders of Challengers that are unbuilt yet which need to be built after the Brampton plant reopens on April 15th?
Yes that is the question. No doubt there will be cars already assigned and in line but the good thing for you is that it is a sold order and your car will take priority over dealer orders especially now since the reason for the shutdown was too much dealer stock, can't see them cranking out more dealer stock while letting sold orders sit at this point, although that does happen early in the model year.

The Upfitter could be a point of delay too so hopefully the backlog was cleared out and they will be ready to roll.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Yes that is the question. No doubt there will be cars already assigned and in line but the good thing for you is that it is a sold order and your car will take priority over dealer orders especially now since the reason for the shutdown was too much dealer stock, can't see them cranking out more dealer stock while letting sold orders sit at this point, although that does happen early in the model year.

The Upfitter could be a point of delay too so hopefully the backlog was cleared out and they will be ready to roll.

Yes, I hope that my sold order will take priority over the dealer orders. I'm hoping that my car can be built between April 16th to 25th, so I can take delivery of it by the first or second week of May. It's a good thing that the vehicle doesn't have to travel a very long distance (only 525 miles) from the Brampton assembly plant Massachusetts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in