Dealer told me car is in D1 status with VIN - does that mean build date is scheduled? - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My Challenger Wide Body has been in the "I Stage" (the inspection stage) now for the last 3 days (since April 23rd). It entered into the "I Stage" (the inspection stage) on April 23rd. When I was online talking with Dodge live chat (customer service) just a little while ago, they cannot tell me whether or not my Challenger Wide Body has already completed the inspection stage yet (the I Stage).

My Challenger is supposed to go to the next stage which is the "JB Stage" in order for it to get the Scat Pack Racing Stripe and the wider Wide Body wheels and tires on it. How many days does it usually take on average for the assembly plant to complete the inspection on the Challenger? Could it be possible that my Challenger has already completed the inspection stage, but because it hasn't been shipped to the Upfitter yet, that's the reason why it's still in the "I Stage" (the inspection stage)?? Does anybody in here know anything about this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
My Challenger Wide Body has been in the "I Stage" (the inspection stage) now for the last 3 days (since April 23rd). It entered into the "I Stage" (the inspection stage) on April 23rd. When I was online talking with Dodge live chat (customer service) just a little while ago, they cannot tell me whether or not my Challenger Wide Body has already completed the inspection stage yet (the I Stage).

My Challenger is supposed to go to the next stage which is the "JB Stage" in order for it to get the Scat Pack Racing Stripe and the wider Wide Body wheels and tires on it. How many days does it usually take on average for the assembly plant to complete the inspection on the Challenger? Could it be possible that my Challenger has already completed the inspection stage, but because it hasn't been shipped to the Upfitter yet, that's the reason why it's still in the "I Stage" (the inspection stage)?? Does anybody in here know anything about this??
By now I would've thought that you knew better than to put any faith in what chat tells you.

Several people do indeed know about these "delays", and that it's anybody's guess what happens when, and why.
Not that I remember what your "hoped for" delivery date was, but I know it was extremely optimistic.
Welcome to the real world, Sam, and I do hope your car is fine when you do get it, eventually.

2018 Challenger
2019 Challenger
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
By now I would've thought that you knew better than to put any faith in what chat tells you.

Several people do indeed know about these "delays", and that it's anybody's guess what happens when, and why.
Not that I remember what your "hoped for" delivery date was, but I know it was extremely optimistic.
Welcome to the real world, Sam, and I do hope your car is fine when you do get it, eventually.

Do you think that it will not be fine when I get it? What do you know that I don't know that I should know? Do the Challengers have quality problems from manufacturing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
Do you think that it will not be fine when I get it? What do you know that I don't know that I should know? Do the Challengers have quality problems from manufacturing?
It's not that I think it won't be fine, but there are - unfortunately - a number of things that can go wrong. And it would be naive to think that it can't happen to your car, as much as I hope it doesn't.

The paint issues you were worried about due to the shutdown wouldn't concern me in the least, but there was one car that came with such poor paint fixes that the buyer ended up ordering a new one. It all worked out for the better, but did take time.

Salt spray, and consequent corrosion, from transport shouldn't be an issue for you at all. Not this time of year.

I've already pointed out that our '19 took over four months to make it to the dealer, from after it was built.. And when it finally arrived it was damaged.

Again, I'm not saying that anything bad will happen to your car, but please realize that it can.
Be realistic, especially about the arrival time of your car. You may want to forget that you ever heard about FCA chat, for example. Unless you like getting your hopes up (and down) based on sketchy info at best, just relax.

Call the dealer for more accurate updates, maybe once a week. Worst case, there are things like Valium to help you make it between the calls.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
It's not that I think it won't be fine, but there are - unfortunately - a number of things that can go wrong. And it would be naive to think that it can't happen to your car, as much as I hope it doesn't.

The paint issues you were worried about due to the shutdown wouldn't concern me in the least, but there was one car that came with such poor paint fixes that the buyer ended up ordering a new one. It all worked out for the better, but did take time.

Salt spray, and consequent corrosion, from transport shouldn't be an issue for you at all. Not this time of year.

I've already pointed out that our '19 took over four months to make it to the dealer, from after it was built.. And when it finally arrived it was damaged.

Again, I'm not saying that anything bad will happen to your car, but please realize that it can.
Be realistic, especially about the arrival time of your car. You may want to forget that you ever heard about FCA chat, for example. Unless you like getting your hopes up (and down) based on sketchy info at best, just relax.

Call the dealer for more accurate updates, maybe once a week. Worst case, there are things like Valium to help you make it between the calls.
It took me 5 months to get my 1320. It does seem that once it is built and goes to the upfitter its not any good info on the chat line. The good news is that, in my case, the car arrived in just 2 days from the time it left the upfitter in Windsor. It came in an enclosed trailer. The good was in great shape. No defects that I could see.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bama Guy For This Useful Post:
Jimmy N. (04-26-2019)
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,800 Posts
I don’t know how long it can take, they stop it for the reason at hand and until they correct that it stays held. It can be a parts supply issue or somehow something installed correctly and they don’t want to continue and make it harder to correct but not something that makes the car not perfect when finally delivered.
I had the opposite experience, I was given an approximate delivery date and the car arrived 10 days early.
Do it old school like I did, don’t check in and keep asking for updates, the phone will still ring and you will get the hey, your car is here, when can you come take delivery?
Best wishes to you and hope it moves along soon.

Clint

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is
impossible- but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellow Jacket 2012 For This Useful Post:
Jimmy N. (04-25-2019)
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:37 PM

I ordered mine a month ago to the day.... still hasn't gone into build mode yet.... D1 still.....
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbintegrity View Post
I ordered mine a month ago to the day.... still hasn't gone into build mode yet.... D1 still.....

Wow! That’s a very long time for it to still be in D1. Did your Dodge dealer know why it hasn’t been built yet? Could it be that the assembly plant is switching to building Chargers now for the next week or two instead of Challengers?

I think that we both ordered our cars on the same week? Didn’t we? I ordered my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body on March 26th and I received the vin and von numbers and D1 Status to my car on the next day on March 27th. The assembly plant then closed on April 1st for 2 weeks and when it reopened on April 15th, my car went on the same day into E Status with the frame being built. Then on April 16th, it went into the F Status into the Paint Status. Since then, it took another 3 days for it to to go thru the G Trim Status and into the current I Inspection Status that it's in right now and it’s currently now waiting to clear inspection and to go into the next Status (JB Status) to be shipped to the Upfitter for them to put the wider wheels and the Scat Pack stripe on it.

How is it that we both ordered both of our cars at the same time and my Challenger already got built before yours? It’s very odd. Do you think that’s there’s something wrong with yours being in the D1 Status for over 1 month now? I wonder what’s keeping Dodge from bringing you car to the next few built stages? Is Dodge having production/assembly problems that we are not aware with? What does your dealer say. I was told that if a car remains in the same Status for 14 days, then Dodge can prioritize the build. Have you called Dodge yet to find out what’s going on?

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 04-25-2019 at 10:50 PM.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:40 AM

I'm going to check back with them today and see what's going on...... question.... I've noticed when browsing thru dealer's inventory that some dealers list wide body 6000 then adaptive damping suspension for 995.... I did not order the ADS because it comes standard on the wide body package... is this a BS sales pitch or something I've missed ?
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 05:19 AM

I ordered my 2019 Sublime Shaker R/T on 3 Feb and it arrived finally on 20 April. Worth the wait!! No issues at all and I am getting it ceramic coated tomorrow. https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...944409&thumb=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	595.2 KB
ID:	944407   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	672.9 KB
ID:	944409  

2015 Sublime Green Shaker Plus NEW!!
2016 Billet Silver SXT Plus (sold)
2017 Yellow Jacket T/A Plus NEW!!
2017 Yellow Jacket R/T Classic (sold to exgirlfriend!)
2015 Sublime Green Shaker Plus (sold)
2014 Header Orange Shaker Plus (sold)
2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic (sold)
2015 Sublime Green R/T Classic (sold)
2012 Stinger Yellow SRT8 6.4 (sold)
2010 B5 Blue SRT8 6.1 (sold)
2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic (sold)
2008 Hemi Orange SRT8 6.1 (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode