Dealer told me car is in D1 status with VIN - does that mean build date is scheduled? - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 05:35 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbintegrity View Post
I'm going to check back with them today and see what's going on...... question.... I've noticed when browsing thru dealer's inventory that some dealers list wide body 6000 then adaptive damping suspension for 995.... I did not order the ADS because it comes standard on the wide body package... is this a BS sales pitch or something I've missed ?
I would verify with window sticker and not completely trust dealer comments that could easily have errors. How often do they have the wrong color listed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunttriumph1500 View Post
I ordered my 2019 Sublime Shaker R/T on 3 Feb and it arrived finally on 20 April. Worth the wait!! No issues at all and I am getting it ceramic coated tomorrow. https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...944409&thumb=1

Very nice!
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
I'm going to check back with them today and see what's going on...... question.... I've noticed when browsing thru dealer's inventory that some dealers list wide body 6000 then adaptive damping suspension for 995.... I did not order the ADS because it comes standard on the wide body package... is this a BS sales pitch or something I've missed ?

The adaptive dampening suspension is standard on the Wide Body Challenger. On the sticker, the adaptive dampening suspension is listed as part of the $6,000 price. In other words, the $6,000 price for the Wide Body also includes the adaptive dampening suspension in it. It's listed on right on the MSRP sticker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:07 PM

Thanked 3,704 Times in 2,786 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like the same dealer bs where they charge $995 for Destination on top of the $1495 that FCA already charges, gotta watch for these scummy dealers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:42 PM

no answer from the dealer yet.... I'm definitely chomping at the bit to get this bad boy.... hopefully I'll get an update of Monday ... And Yes way too many scummy dealers.... wonder why that is ?
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
The adaptive dampening suspension is standard on the Wide Body Challenger.
For someone who's concerned with rust, I didn't think you'd want anything dampening on your car.
(Sorry, Sam, couldn't resist)

2018 Challenger
2019 Challenger
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
For someone who's concerned with rust, I didn't think you'd want anything dampening on your car.
(Sorry, Sam, couldn't resist)

I’m not going to worry about rust. It will be given back at the end of 3 years and someone else can worry about it. In the meantime, I will be driving a brand new 2022 Challenger Wide Body or the new redesigned 2022 Charger.

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 04-27-2019 at 01:44 PM.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
I’m not going to worry about rust. It will be given back at the end of 3 years and someone else can worry about it. In the meantime, I will be driving a brand new 2022 Challenger Wide Body or the new redesigned 2022 Charger.
Okay, okay. But you were worried about getting dust on it earlier, and dampening it wouldn't have been good for it then, either.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
no answer from the dealer yet.... I'm definitely chomping at the bit to get this bad boy.... hopefully I'll get an update of Monday ... And Yes way too many scummy dealers.... wonder why that is ?
Were you able to get any information on your car yet? Is it on it's way?

My car is still sitting at Argus. Today is day 8 and counting that my car is still sitting at Argus still in KZ Status. Dodge customer service said that it says on their system that my car is "ready to ship", but that there's no ETA ship date assigned to the car yet. There must be a shortage of rail cars for this to occur. I cannot see what else would be causing the shipping delay.

I don't know if this means anything, but I drove by my Dodge dealer 2 days ago and they just got in a Black Scat Pack RT Wide Body on their lot. I took a look at the build date sticker on the door and 3/19 was written on it. I also found a sticker on the back carpet with the date 3/8/19 stamped on it together with another sticker on the front floor mat with 3/11/19 stamped on it. If that car was manufactured on 3/11/19 and then went to the upfitter and if it was delivered to the dealership just the other day on May 6th, then it was probably sitting at Argus for many weeks while it was in KZ Status before it was trucked to the Toledo rail yard for shipping to the dealer. If you take into account the 18 days that the Brampton assembly plant was closed in April (from April 1st to April 14th and from April 19th to April 22nd), the Wide Body Scat Pack that I saw on the lot was not affected by the Brampton plant closing because it would've already been at Argus during the time that the Brampton assembly plant was shut down. Argus did not shut down when Brampton was shut down.

So that particular car must've spent over 5 weeks at the upfitter at Argus from sometime after March 11th when it was shipped to Argus up until 1 1/2 weeks ago when it was put on the rail car and shipped to the dealer. If this is the case, then these Wide Body Challengers are spending a very long time at the upfitter because there are no rail cars to accommodate them to ship them out to their final destinations. I think that CSX is having capacity problems with shipping motor vehicles. I found the weekly CSX rail carload reports that I pasted below that show a fluctuation of the number of motor vehicles that are loaded on their rail cars each and every week. If you look at the data, you will see that there's a fluctuation from week to week. This week the load capacity is down -9.6%. Last week it was up +6.8% and the week before it was up +1.9%, ect, ect..
So basically, the numbers show that there's something going on with the capacity issue for the motor vehicle transport on these rail cars. That's the reason why it's taking so long for them to determine a shipping date for my car.

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2018%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2017%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2016%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2015%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2014%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2013%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2012%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2011%20AAR%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/renai/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2019%20Week%2010%20AAR%20(1).pdf
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:42 PM

I made a mistake earlier today when I said that my Scat Pack was still sitting at Argus. That was a mistake. My car was moved on May 5th to the Connor Yard in Michigan where it's been the last 3 days awaiting to be trucked to the Toledo rail yard to be put on a train to make its way down to the local train depot in my area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode