Fair Price? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Fair Price?

Ok so im moving to NYC Area don't really want to take the Challenger with me for many reasons

What do you think a fair asking price would be for a 2018 Scat Pack Shaker See below details

It Only has 2300 miles on it (I drive it every day) work from Home I want to sell it at a fair price not looking to make any $$$ but don't want to lose a $hiT ton either
I don't have a problem keeping it as I can find a garage but It dosnt seem right to park it 3/4 months a year

LADX22 CHALLENGER R/T 392 38,995 37,646
Package: 24Y Scat Pack Shaker 6.4L HEMI V8 - 24Y 2,800 2,492
ESG 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI MDS Engine 0 0
DFK 8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans (Buy-US) 1,500 1,335
Paint/Seat/Trim: PHG Plum Crazy Pearl Coat 70 62
APA Monotone Paint 0 0
*EC Scat Pack Logo Nappa/Alcantara Seat 0 0
-X9 Black 0 0
Options: NAS 50 State Emissions 0 0
AMA Premium Sound Group 1,595 1,420
AJV Driver Convenience Group 1,095 975
AJD Leather Interior Group 1,695 1,509
ACX MOPAR Interior Appearance Group 475 423
ACN Dynamics Package 2,200 1,958
UAQ Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display 795 708
YGF 8 Additional Gallons of Gas 0 20
5N6 Easy Order 0 0
4EA Sold Vehicle 0 0
Special Equipment: 99590A 0 0
Group Funds: T28 ATLANTA - DAA 0 0
A28 ATLANTA ZONE - PPA 0 0
Destination Fees: 1,345 1,345

Total Sticker Price was: 52,565

If anyone is in the ATLANTA area and wants to check it out message me ill be here till may 10thish
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1405.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	943775  

Last edited by sypeck13; 04-17-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:05 PM

price shopping isnt too hard, try comparables on ebay or your local carmax, cartrader, carvana, or similar.

2015 Mods:
Hellcat Intake w/ AEM hi-flow filter.
GenPartsCo-USA D.I.P.S. air catcher screens.
Axis Model II's.
Firestone Indy 275/40/20
Rolling Thunder Reso delete.
Exteremevinyls side marker tints.
GPC Trunk Pull Handle.
Spare/Jack/Foam Delete.
GPC Phantoms.
Mopar O.E. Black Fuel Door.
Hellcat OE. ABS Cover.
Rear Seat Delete.
2014 Dodge Viper Seats.
Custom Fire Extinguisher & Mount.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:06 PM

Looking at purchasing a challenger how much are you asking for the car?
- Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:31 PM

Garage
Fair has nothing to do with price. Fair can be used to the price of your car down. The market decides what your car is worth, and this boils down to one person who decides exchanging X number of dollars for your car is an equitable exchange.

For where to start the process, the best advice I can offer is visit www.kbb.com or NADA Blue Book | Used Car Values | NADA and plug in your car's numbers and see what the price is for your car in a private sale.

Note the sites may not agree on prices. Not your job to reconcile price differences. I'd go with the site which offers a higher price.

Remember price is not fact only an opinion. But you are entitled to your opinion. Be prepared to justify your price.

Condition plays a big role. A huge role. With just 2300 miles the car should be "like new".

To this end, the car should be detailed to a "like new" condition.

There should be no outstanding issues. If there are any TSB's/recalls/uConnect updates, etc., these should have be applied. And you want documentation these were done.

All the manuals and other literature the car came with should be present.

Tires should have a reasonable amount of tread and the wear should be even front to back and side to side and across the tread faces.

Services should be up to date. Possibly the car is due -- based on time if not miles -- and oil/filter service. Get this done. Be sure the right oil/filter are used.

You want to be able to stress to a prospective buyer he can enjoy the car a long long time before any services are required, before tires need to be replaced or brakes need to be replaced, even before the oil needs to be replaced, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode