Ferris Bueller and a Scat Pack - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Ferris Bueller and a Scat Pack

Had the chance to drive a 2018 Scat Pack M6 today. My first time with the 392. This drive could cost me. I have a 2010 SRT8 M6. The difference between the two was impressive. The 392 felt more refined and way more powerful than the 60hp difference between the two. It reminded me of the difference between my Ducati 748 and 999. There is only 30hp difference between the two and both are Ohlins suspended. Yet on the bikes, they are night and day different at speed.

I have been looking on line at used Scat Packs tonight. Some good deals out there. Sigh, I really don’t want a car payment. But as the great Ferris Bueller said “It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.”

2010 Challenger SRT8 M6: TorRed, Barton (skip shift+), Mopar Performance Long Ram CAI and Exhaust Tips, Fastman TB mod, Speedlogix Strut Tower Brace (front and rear), Brass Monkey Wheels (clones), Arrington Catch Can, 30% Tint (doubles the hp)
2016 Subaru CrossTrek (daily driver)
2006 Ducati 999s (scary fast)
1998 Ducati 748 SPS (far from stock)

"Who Dares Wins"
The Following User Says Thank You to YellowDuc For This Useful Post:
Slidd (06-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:57 AM

I traded my 2010 SRT8 M6 in for a new 2016 Scatpack M6. It was definitely a better performing car. The performance pages were awesome. But in 6 months I was trading in on a 2017 Hellcat. Just saying....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F3D2E2F0-B839-43CA-AF14-5D3D30047B30.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	947137  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDuc View Post
Had the chance to drive a 2018 Scat Pack M6 today. My first time with the 392. This drive could cost me. I have a 2010 SRT8 M6. The difference between the two was impressive. The 392 felt more refined and way more powerful than the 60hp difference between the two. It reminded me of the difference between my Ducati 748 and 999. There is only 30hp difference between the two and both are Ohlins suspended. Yet on the bikes, they are night and day different at speed.

I have been looking on line at used Scat Packs tonight. Some good deals out there. Sigh, I really don’t want a car payment. But as the great Ferris Bueller said “It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.”
If you are already on the fence about one, dont drive the A8 version. That will really push you over. The manual scat is a DOG compared to the A8. The A8 makes this car. Do yourself a favor and drive one of those too. You will be writing checks so fast your head will spin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:17 AM

Thanked 1,125 Times in 805 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^LOL I was about to say the same thing

Now: '15 R/T Scat Pack A8 Pitch Black, Appearance Group, Leather, SG II [email protected] DA 6500([email protected] corrected)
-catch can, Hellcat airbox/filter, 180 tstat, Opti-Coat Pro+, ceramic tint, clear bra...and some other crap too
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former: '12 Challenger SRT8 Pitch Black 6-speed, stripe delete [email protected] DA 7100(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
corrected)
Former: '06 300C SRT8
(DA -700)
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:05 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Unless you happen to be like me and drive a manual car for the fun of it with no concern whether or not a machine can out shift me.

2012 R/T Classic 6M; STP; Barton Shifter; CDV delete; Skip Shift Eliminator; Blastin' Bobs' axle back Magnaflow resonators; DiabloSport i2 tuner w/Hemifever custom tune; Mopar hood pins; Petty's Garage front strut brace; Tungsten Metallic Clear Coat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pauljw For This Useful Post:
Indy392 (06-14-2019), MrMac (06-12-2019)
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:43 AM

Thanked 1,125 Times in 805 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I enjoy shifting too, don't get me wrong, but for a lot of us the performance is one of the main reasons we bought these cars, and the A8 has a lot more of it than the M6.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
I enjoy shifting too, don't get me wrong, but for a lot of us the performance is one of the main reasons we bought these cars, and the A8 has a lot more of it than the M6.

Heheh... if you say so. But I was talking to the OP who already drives a 6M and test drove another one. I'm thinking he may be more like me and prefer a manual transmission. I bet he even has to shift his motorcycles, the horrors!!

If being first to the finish line is the most important thing to you, that's fine, but it's not the same for all of us and it doesn't make our 6Ms less of a performance car. My R/T 6M makes more horsepower and torque than the auto version and never shuts half of itself off while driving.

Plus, unlike an automatic, you can't train a chimp to drive it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pauljw For This Useful Post:
dgillogly1 (06-13-2019), enemy (06-15-2019), Indy392 (06-14-2019), MrMac (06-12-2019)
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:34 PM

I love my 16 Scat pack, especially the ~Shaker~!!! I def recommend the upgrade! And there's is nothing like going through the gears down the highway. I went from a 13 Daytona Charger to a manual 392 & I never looked back. Best decision of my life! Do it!

***Save the Stick****

2016 Scat Pack w/ Shaker 6spd
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moparphoenix For This Useful Post:
MrMac (06-12-2019), Pauljw (06-12-2019)
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauljw View Post
Unless you happen to be like me and drive a manual car for the fun of it with no concern whether or not a machine can out shift me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauljw View Post
Heheh... if you say so. But I was talking to the OP who already drives a 6M and test drove another one. I'm thinking he may be more like me and prefer a manual transmission. I bet he even has to shift his motorcycles, the horrors!!

If being first to the finish line is the most important thing to you, that's fine, but it's not the same for all of us and it doesn't make our 6Ms less of a performance car. My R/T 6M makes more horsepower and torque than the auto version and never shuts half of itself off while driving.

Plus, unlike an automatic, you can't train a chimp to drive it.
100% agree. Manuals are for people that believe its not ok to just sit and drive a car fast, they like to be the reason a car is fast. If winning at the drag strip is the only thing that counts all those guys will be driving the exact same Tesla in a matter of years. then they will be saying the same thing as manual drivers say today. "You can train a monkey to drive a car fast, the hard part is letting the driver make a fast car faster."
Really though the only thing saving the drag strip mythos from becoming an all electric show is most people that drag race dont like them. Once more people start taking them to the strip the guys that just "want to win" will go out and buy the fastest electric available at the time so they can compete.
While the manual guys will still be content driving whatever they have 200 miles to the strip and 200 miles back.

NOT that im against the zf, its a fantastic auto just for me even the paddles and manual mode of the shifter is just not engaging enough for me.

Ron
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to forcedfedbug For This Useful Post:
dgillogly1 (06-13-2019), Indy392 (06-14-2019), MrMac (06-12-2019), Pauljw (06-12-2019)
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedfedbug View Post

NOT that im against the zf, its a fantastic auto just for me even the paddles and manual mode of the shifter is just not engaging enough for me.

Ron

Exactly, I'm not against an automatic either, but like you, they're not for me. I'm just happy I got mine while I could and hope I don't get too old to drive it any time soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode