Few questions about Challengers - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:41 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The heated seats come with the cold weather package- heated seats, steering wheel and side mirror defrosters. All worked great in the cold, especially the heated steering wheel
As far as handling in snow, i have 5.7 RT with 20" wheels and firehawk tires. drove it once through snow, and didn't feel it was so surefooted.
If winter driver, i suggest snow type tires and an extra set of rims. I have heard, when they are equipped as such, they handle quite well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a Dodge
Drinking warm beer in the soft summer rain
The Following User Says Thank You to SCATPACKJIM25 For This Useful Post:
Cominfromcamaro (04-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

The only things I can add here are the Driver's convenience group is worth the money for blind spot detection and those HID headlights. It's like you are driving with the high beams on.

Now, this isn't in my wheelhouse since I have a V6, but if you put the car in Sport mode, the active exhaust will be sounding off at all times as I understand it. So maybe you won't need an aftermarket exhaust?

2016 SXT+ Airaid CAI. Fastman ported throttle body. Bright pedals. Billet Technology catch can. Petty front shock tower brace. 1 of 524 Plumb-crazy SXT's for 2016.
The Following User Says Thank You to MEKrunner For This Useful Post:
Cominfromcamaro (04-05-2019)
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_sbs View Post
Welcome to the Challenger chatty board. Keep asking questions.
Go to this link: media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsroom.do?id=136&mid=200 . Scroll down a bit and you will see on the right side (past the pictures) a heading "Product Specifications". The first item under that is "2019 Challenger and Challenger SRT Feature Availability". Click that to get a pdf of all of the features available on the 2019 cars. Study it. Below the feature availability link is the 2019 Challenger Specifications. Lots more good stuff there.

There is also a chance these two links will download the pdf files:
http://chryslermedia.iconicweb.com/m...i0oijm8tb5.pdf

http://chryslermedia.iconicweb.com/m...2mhu6dkr4s.pdf
Was browsing that a bit last night but as with all manufacturers you start adding packages and all of a sudden this is deleted and that's added and this isn't available. I think I got down what I want now! thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevetown View Post
Love my 392! Absolutely love it. Great combination of comfort, style and brute muscle. Big enough for 5 and the trunk is a huge. Old school to me and a bit of a throw back. Car is very firmly seated and loves to come back to center. If I really unload on it, it can be scary. Handles better than you think. There will always be a faster car out there but this car to me - just hits it on all accounts. Not sure how many people like to come over or give you a thumbs up with the camaro or mustang but I do know this - the car gets a ton of people checking it out. Didn't buy it for that but have to admit its fun. Good luck!
I love the vintage feel of it, I'm 33 but I will always be obsessed with 60/70s muscle cars, thats what it's all about. A honda civic that does 11s doesn't impress me, it's still a crappy honda civic. lol. I have rarely ever received any compliments on my Camaros! Neither have been a 1LE or ZL1 or even the SS but they've all been nicely loaded V6's and nobody says anything. Maybe it's Colorado, everyone here drives a Subaru or 4X4 because it's a frozen tundra! not! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedawg View Post
Since full leather isn’t an option and if you don’t like the Alcantara seats, you could consider getting katzkin leather aftermarket in any color you want. I have ordered my car in cloth seats and will probably go katzkin route.

Good luck!
Thank you! Veru useful, I see now that they are leather TRIMMED! Camaro is full leather so I was looking for that and when the dealer showed me suede seats I was like uh? That's not leather?? Haha thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEKrunner View Post
The only things I can add here are the Driver's convenience group is worth the money for blind spot detection and those HID headlights. It's like you are driving with the high beams on.

Now, this isn't in my wheelhouse since I have a V6, but if you put the car in Sport mode, the active exhaust will be sounding off at all times as I understand it. So maybe you won't need an aftermarket exhaust?
I was wondering how useful it was! It's a feature I definitely want! I'm coming from a Camaro, believe me, the sightlines in this are spectacular in comparison! I didn't know that the exhaust was active, I was a bit hurried the other day and didn't pay as much attention to everything as I should have! Good to know! I'm going to take my wife tonight and see if she likes it. She agreed I can buy anything I want but she wants to be part of the decision process which is fine by me!

except she refuses to let me buy plum purple! I probably 'could' and she would support me regardless but it would be more fun if she said she loves it.

thank you everyone for all the useful information!! I looked the other day and thought scat pack was what I wanted. Then I got to the dealership and everything was T/A and I loved it but I was so confused because I didn't know wtf it entailed! Now I can back and feel a bit more knowledgeable looking at the window sticker. May have to order as purple is the only color they have and it might not have all the options I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:37 PM

I ordered my 392 Scat Pack automatic A8 in TorRed with the Wide Body Package and the Scat Pack Black Stripe. I can’t wait to get mine.

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 04-05-2019 at 09:25 PM.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,298 Times in 2,522 Posts
Garage
The key features: 392 Scat Pack

If you wanted vented & heated seats = you'll need the Plus package & Alcantara / leather seat option
-std seats are houndstooth cloth

Audio: Alpine Sound Grp II (9 speakers + 1sub, 506W), Harmon Kardon (18 speakers & dual subs 900W) are optional.
Std is the 6 speaker 276W setup.
>Nav is optional with all audio options (extra item to add)

HIDs are part of the Driver Conv. Grp [this includes Blind Spot / Cross Path detection]

Adaptive Cruise Control (A8 only) is part of Technology Group [incl. rain-sensing wipers, auto high beams]

Wheels vary by model / trim level.

Scat Packs come with 20 x 9" wheels std and 4 piston Brembo brakes. There are some other wheels that are bundled with certain trim packages (T/A 392, 392 Shaker, SP 1320

If you want the 6 piston Brembos, that is another option - Dynamics Pkg (wheel is 20 x 9.5" and has 275/40 tires std in this package)
-they're std on T/A 392
-included as part of Wide Body package

Wide Body: only avail. on Scat Pack R/T model, 20 x 11" wheels w/ 275/40 20 tires std.
-N/A on 392 Shaker, T/A 392, SP 1320 Edition
-WB option also adds 3 mode Bilstein shocks (along with the 6 piston brakes for front)

Manual trans (M6) is std equipment; Automatic (A8) optional on all models, exc. mandatory on 1320 Edition

SP 1320 Edition - this model restricts a few of the options / packages that would be available on other trims
-A8 trans is mandatory item on this model

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal H For This Useful Post:
Cominfromcamaro (04-06-2019)
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cominfromcamaro View Post
Hey everyone, new member...as the name suggests I may be coming from a camaro. I’ve been saving up for a ZL1 for a while but I’m not sure I want to spend that much money anymore and I’m not sure I need that much car. I test drove a Mustang (meh) and the new 19 SS’s are butt ugly, thanks Chevy.

So I started to research Challengers more and test drove one the other day and really enjoyed it. Some questions:

1) Which options do I want? I test drove a 392 scatpack R/T with T/A, loved it. Loved the blacked out hood, hood clips and the infotainment system and the heated/cooled seats, air intake etc. Car seemed to have everything I wanted that could be upgraded. Is that pretty much the top of the line 392 without adding the 1320 package? It was priced at 49K.

2) what seems to be the general consensus here? Are most satisfied with their cars? Dissatisfied? Underwhelmed?

3) what seem to be the biggest gripes? 3 things stood out to me. Heads up display would be nice, interior lighting would be nice and the backup camera (maybe it was dirty) was REALLY blurry.

4) are there no Dodge performance exhausts? I haven’t seen anything about exhausts so I don’t know if the one on the car is tuned, performance, active, etc. Chevy and ford advertise this. I can always go after market, just curious.

5) how are these cars in rain, snow, cold. I live in colorado and a big reason I don’t want a ZL1 anymore is because it’s even more powerful than the 392 and while it’s not the frozen tundra some believe, it’s still cold in the winter. It’s not an everyday driver, 1-2 days a week but still it would be my primary car after work hours.

Thanks everyone! Any help would be appreciated, I know everything about Camaros and very little about Challengers.
The wife and i purchased our 2018 SRT challenger last may.With only 7,000 miles on the OD we are very happy so far.We also test drove corvette,mustang and camaro after that the choice was easy the challenger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1234.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	455.5 KB
ID:	942911  
The Following User Says Thank You to coobie For This Useful Post:
Fawls (04-07-2019)
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
I ordered my 392 Scat Pack automatic A8 in TorRed with the Wide Body Package and the Scat Pack Black Stripe. I can’t wait to get mine.
AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal H View Post
The key features: 392 Scat Pack

If you wanted vented & heated seats = you'll need the Plus package & Alcantara / leather seat option
-std seats are houndstooth cloth

Audio: Alpine Sound Grp II (9 speakers + 1sub, 506W), Harmon Kardon (18 speakers & dual subs 900W) are optional.
Std is the 6 speaker 276W setup.
>Nav is optional with all audio options (extra item to add)

HIDs are part of the Driver Conv. Grp [this includes Blind Spot / Cross Path detection]

Adaptive Cruise Control (A8 only) is part of Technology Group [incl. rain-sensing wipers, auto high beams]

Wheels vary by model / trim level.

Scat Packs come with 20 x 9" wheels std and 4 piston Brembo brakes. There are some other wheels that are bundled with certain trim packages (T/A 392, 392 Shaker, SP 1320

If you want the 6 piston Brembos, that is another option - Dynamics Pkg (wheel is 20 x 9.5" and has 275/40 tires std in this package)
-they're std on T/A 392
-included as part of Wide Body package

Wide Body: only avail. on Scat Pack R/T model, 20 x 11" wheels w/ 275/40 20 tires std.
-N/A on 392 Shaker, T/A 392, SP 1320 Edition
-WB option also adds 3 mode Bilstein shocks (along with the 6 piston brakes for front)

Manual trans (M6) is std equipment; Automatic (A8) optional on all models, exc. mandatory on 1320 Edition

SP 1320 Edition - this model restricts a few of the options / packages that would be available on other trims
-A8 trans is mandatory item on this model
Thanks!! So the wide body package adds 3 mode bilstein shocks and the adaptive suspension is the same or different from the wide body package? I tried looking up what the suspension was but I found things here and everyone said, stick with the standard shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coobie View Post
The wife and i purchased our 2018 SRT challenger last may.With only 7,000 miles on the OD we are very happy so far.We also test drove corvette,mustang and camaro after that the choice was easy the challenger.
beautiful! I've never driven a Corvette but my wife said no corvettes till I'm 50 lol. Mustang I did not like, Camaro and Challenger I do!

I'm getting nervous to leave my Camaro as I do absolutely love the body style, I just want a fully loaded V8. This is a much harder decision than I anticipated.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:34 AM

I had a 2015 1LE SS Camaro, it was great and I enjoyed the hell out of it. With 2 kids though it just wasn’t practical as a car the family could take around town comfortably. Fast forward and I bought a 2018 T/A 392 this past November. It is just as good in my opinion as my 1LE was for what I want. I wasn’t going to be tracking the car, so having the heavier and larger Challenger works well for me. We can all fit into it comfortably, it has a large trunk so we can take it to the store if we want, and when you hit the skinny pedal she moves. I bought mine right off the lot for a good deal, it has the things I want and a few things I could do without. The blind spot detection would be nice along with the HID headlights, but that wasn’t on mine when I bought it and I have lived this long without it on any vehicle. I think the blind spots are about the same as my Camaro, so if you are used to the Camaro it shouldn’t be a deal breaker for you. I have the 6 piston Bremen’s on my T/A, they definitely stop her fast and for my usage are probably overkill, but I would always rather have to much braking power then not enough. I know that there have been some changes to the packages for 2019, I would take a look around for a T/A 392 from 2018 on a lot and check it out, you might get a better deal on a leftover 18. Ultimately buying a car is a personal decision, research and opinions are good to have going in, but you will be the one with the payment and the car, so make sure its what you want. I originally went to look at a destroyer gray T/A, it was listed as a manual on the dealers website, but when I got there I found out it was an auto. It was also the 5.7, had been lowered, had the hood pins installed (which I love but am scared to do to mine now), and was used with about 4,000 miles on it. The auto was the deal breaker for me, I wanted a manual transmission and wasn’t going to settle for less. I loved the destroyer gray color, but I also really liked the F8 green so that’s what I got and I am really glad I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	98F207EA-AA7F-443A-B9B6-1AC212578F33.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	942953  
The Following User Says Thank You to Deadpool392 For This Useful Post:
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,298 Times in 2,522 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cominfromcamaro View Post
AWESOME!!

Thanks!! So the wide body package adds 3 mode bilstein shocks and the adaptive suspension is the same or different from the wide body package? I tried looking up what the suspension was but I found things here and everyone said, stick with the standard shocks.
The wide body option includes the 6 piston Brembo (front) and the 3 mode Bilstein ADS setup
-same as what comes on Hellcats and the former SRT 392 than ran from '15 - '17 that have those brakes and Bilstein ADS shocks
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal H For This Useful Post:
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Okay!! So I've been researching the hell out of this. I know I don't want 1320, shaker or the widebody package. The technology group seems like lighting money on fire, nice, but completely unnecessary... tech, driver and plus package are my absolute must haves. Dynamics is nice if you don't go T/A otherwise you're paying $1100 for 6 piston front brakes, again totally unnecessary when this isn't a track car. I don't think I 'need' ADS but I also haven't felt it so I can't say how big of a difference it truly even makes, stock shocks felt fine the other day. I'm stuck between T/A and non T/A...I love the blacked out hood and stripes, hood clips, the air intake etc but I can't decide if that's worth $3,400 although it does come with the spoiler and a few other nice add-ons.

The thing that's pissing me off is that Dodges options, suck. Why can't I add stripes to a car without T/A? Only the bumblebee? That makes zero sense. Also, only having red/black seats is crazy...why there is no other option there is beyond me. Seeing a white leather/black suede or vice versa, tan etc would be nice.

I think I'm set on B5 blue with tech, driver and the plus package. I can live without the T/A package but I think it make's the car look really nice.

Is T/A worth it? for the price it seems that way but manufacturers aren't in this game to lose money. I do realize I would save money on aftermarket stripes (I want racing stripes if not T/A!!) and a CAI and that would probably run me $1000 with installation of stripes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode