Few questions about Challengers - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cominfromcamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 201
Thanks: 107
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
I'm looking through online info though at comparable cars and calculators and there's no way this can happen right now. I'm in a lease with 18 months left and Chrysler is running 5.9% interest (this rate is AWFUL) with a credit score of 800 or above for a payment of $709 for financing with 5K down and $495 a month for a lease with 5K down for 3 years. I don't have 5K right now to put down, my credit isn't above 800 and my car pay off is nearly 24K and I imagine I would see no more than 18-19K for it. I guess I'm going to have to wait a few years if this is the case, wont be financing a car at a value of 52-53K and a $1000 month. Yikes. Thanks for all the help, this dream has to die, sorry for wasting your time everyone.

Last edited by Cominfromcamaro; 04-06-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Cominfromcamaro is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Clevetown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MI
Posts: 601
Thanks: 192
Thanked 128 Times in 96 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The future gets here faster than you think! Sounds like maybe another year and you won't be under water on your current financing. And definitely go to your bank vs the dealer for a decent auto loan. I have never had a dealer beat my bank rate! They say they can but they can't.

2015 Scatpack 392 M6
Black/black
Stainless Works LT Headers
High flow cats
Resonator delete
274 Comp Cam with vvt limiter
Arrington 84 mm throttle body
Barton short throw shifter
Unlocked PCM
Diablo Sport Tuner
HHP Tune
Mopar CAI
Mopar front/rear strut tower braces
Speedlogix SS eliminator
Black lug nuts with Hellcat center caps
Mopar Performance Lowering Springs
Hellcat ram air intake
Hellcat red start button
275 Nittos
Heated/Ventilated seats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Clevetown is offline  
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cominfromcamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 201
Thanks: 107
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevetown View Post
The future gets here faster than you think! Sounds like maybe another year and you won't be under water on your current financing. And definitely go to your bank vs the dealer for a decent auto loan. I have never had a dealer beat my bank rate! They say they can but they can't.
Yeah, it’s good to have a plan, I’m definitely that type of person! I’ll be screwed probably regardless with this lease, it was a dumb decision at the time. I’ve never gone through a bank, I’ll have to see what they quote me! Thanks! My lease was $392/month for 48 months and $1000 down and my wife’s Cruze is 1.9% interest. So, these 5.9% rates are insane to me and especially for 800 scores? That’s bad.
Cominfromcamaro is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:54 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I thought I’d add my 2 cents on here. I have a ‘15 SRT, ordered day one when they showed the redesigned look for the newer style. I went from a 2012 RT with the 5.7L to the 6.4L and went with every option available except for the upgraded leather and sunroof.

My only regret is not getting the sunroof as all our other vehicles have that and it would be nice to have one in there. Only thing is I know it would lower the ceiling a bit and that doesn’t work for me being tall.

The wishes I have with it is auto up for the windows, brighter interior lights, better control with the touch screen, and same with the dash screen (there are plenty of options on that, but I’d love to see what song is on the dash instead of its source).

I’ve seen that some of these things have been added into the newer challengers, but I don’t know if the auto up for the windows have been added. Someone else can speak on that.

I have been considering upgrading my touch screen to the newer model, only thing I don’t know about is losing the SRT modes, if that can be added back in and how much it would take/cost for that.

Other than that, I absolutely love the car and plan on doing some work to it this and next year such as wrapping it, adding the new spoiler, and a few other things to make it my own style.
Pedes_Nex is offline  
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Senior Member
 
DOM71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 362
Thanks: 38
Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cominfromcamaro View Post
Yeah, it’s good to have a plan, I’m definitely that type of person! I’ll be screwed probably regardless with this lease, it was a dumb decision at the time. I’ve never gone through a bank, I’ll have to see what they quote me! Thanks! My lease was $392/month for 48 months and $1000 down and my wife’s Cruze is 1.9% interest. So, these 5.9% rates are insane to me and especially for 800 scores? That’s bad.
well for me I've had 800 score back in 11 and got 1.5% on a ram 1500 sport from the dealer on a 40k truck. Imo banks and dealerships are full of I would try another place



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedes_Nex View Post
I thought I’d add my 2 cents on here. I have a ‘15 SRT, ordered day one when they showed the redesigned look for the newer style. I went from a 2012 RT with the 5.7L to the 6.4L and went with every option available except for the upgraded leather and sunroof.

My only regret is not getting the sunroof as all our other vehicles have that and it would be nice to have one in there. Only thing is I know it would lower the ceiling a bit and that doesn’t work for me being tall.

The wishes I have with it is auto up for the windows, brighter interior lights, better control with the touch screen, and same with the dash screen (there are plenty of options on that, but I’d love to see what song is on the dash instead of its source).

I’ve seen that some of these things have been added into the newer challengers, but I don’t know if the auto up for the windows have been added. Someone else can speak on that.

I have been considering upgrading my touch screen to the newer model, only thing I don’t know about is losing the SRT modes, if that can be added back in and how much it would take/cost for that.

Other than that, I absolutely love the car and plan on doing some work to it this and next year such as wrapping it, adding the new spoiler, and a few other things to make it my own style.
Do you have the 8.4 screen?

I don't have SRT but with the tazer I have the SRT options and I have the auto down but not up also noticed that in my SP and as for the interior lights can be changed to led which are brighter


Watch "How To Install Diode Dynamics Interior LED Kit In A Dodge Challenger Hellcat (6000K Cool White)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/TiEvqRV2Nps

Imo led is better I don't like the yellow color

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
DOM71 is offline  
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[QUOTE=DOM71;8454683]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cominfromcamaro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedes_Nex View Post
I thought I’d add my 2 cents on here. I have a ‘15 SRT, ordered day one when they showed the redesigned look for the newer style. I went from a 2012 RT with the 5.7L to the 6.4L and went with every option available except for the upgraded leather and sunroof.

My only regret is not getting the sunroof as all our other vehicles have that and it would be nice to have one in there. Only thing is I know it would lower the ceiling a bit and that doesn’t work for me being tall.

The wishes I have with it is auto up for the windows, brighter interior lights, better control with the touch screen, and same with the dash screen (there are plenty of options on that, but I’d love to see what song is on the dash instead of its source).

I’ve seen that some of these things have been added into the newer challengers, but I don’t know if the auto up for the windows have been added. Someone else can speak on that.

I have been considering upgrading my touch screen to the newer model, only thing I don’t know about is losing the SRT modes, if that can be added back in and how much it would take/cost for that.

Other than that, I absolutely love the car and plan on doing some work to it this and next year such as wrapping it, adding the new spoiler, and a few other things to make it my own style.
Do you have the 8.4 screen?

I don't have SRT but with the tazer I have the SRT options and I have the auto down but not up also noticed that in my SP and as for the interior lights can be changed to led which are brighter


Watch "How To Install Diode Dynamics Interior LED Kit In A Dodge Challenger Hellcat (6000K Cool White)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/TiEvqRV2Nps

Imo led is better I don't like the yellow color

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have the 8.4, love most things about it but I like the newer feature in the latest challengers. I just can’t justify the cost at this time for it.

I’ve looked at TAZER, been holding off as there is the potential it would void my warranty. I have the lifetime warranty on that car and plan to keep it that long, so maybe in 10 years where they won’t cover some things, that’ll get re-evaluated.

As for the lights, just another thing on my list I plan to do. Also considering switching out my seat belts to a custom design too, the only thing is it all costs $$$.
Pedes_Nex is offline  
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
 
DOM71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 362
Thanks: 38
Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Like what features are you looking for?

And I have a unlocked pcm and tazer which 9I unmarry and switch out when I go to the dealership... I got it as but I see how I'm sure they'll try to screw you over

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by DOM71; 04-07-2019 at 04:11 PM.
DOM71 is offline  
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 07:12 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM71 View Post
Like what features are you looking for?

And I have a unlocked pcm and tazer which 9I unmarry and switch out when I go to the dealership... I got it as but I see how I'm sure they'll try to screw you over

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
For the touch screen, I was looking at an upgrade for faster speed & response, move the icons around and control what is at the bottom of the screen, and integration with my phone such as apple play.
Pedes_Nex is offline  
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cominfromcamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 201
Thanks: 107
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
A HUGE thank you to everyone here! I bought my 2019 Challenger today!!
Cominfromcamaro is online now  
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:05 PM
Senior Member
 
John Matthews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 1,971
Thanks: 285
Thanked 340 Times in 257 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congratulations, tell us about the car!

2012 SRT automatic, PB 12.0490 with DR, then 11.56 with 5.5psi magnuson Sold
2017 hellcat A8 stock, 10.86 with DR's
John Matthews is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions from a 2014 Camaro SS 1LE Owner chipset35 General Challenger Discussion 26 06-20-2016 07:34 AM
Lockpick available for 2016 Challengers? JamesWhite Car Electronics- Lights, Fuses, Audio & Video 0 05-23-2016 08:54 AM
Questions about the Scat Pack 383 Dodge Challenger R/T Specific 26 07-20-2015 07:16 PM
Southwest Challengers 2013: AZ, CO, NM, NV, UT DANtheMAN West 1 04-25-2013 02:29 PM
test drives, questions.. diver88 Dodge Challenger R/T Specific 7 11-16-2012 07:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome