Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Finally - Sublime Scat Pack Widebody

12K views 63 replies 43 participants last post by  TRDNiteLife 
#1 · (Edited)
73 days from order to delivery. I went to pick it up yesterday. Salesman takes me to a second lot. He tells me the underbody looks to be in great condition and there are no flaws with the body. He walks up to the car and says, "Here it is." I walk up to the window sticker. It says "Especially built for TRDNiteLife." My heart sinks. The only response I can muster, "It's the wrong color... This is F8 Green."

Within a couple hours the dealer informs me they ordered the correct Sublime paint. They go on to blame the mistake on the factory. Now I'm in hurry up and wait mode to hear a response from their Chrysler rep.

EDIT: 06/03/19 UPDATE: After considering the options, I decided to re-order the same car. I also negotiated an additional $1,000 off.

Let the wait continue...:frown:

#4 ·
Dang sorry about that!

Did dealer give you a POC when you ordered?

It's really the only way to be sure they ordered everything as you wish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Looking at your POC the color you ordered has the PFB sales code so if the "F8" green sales code is PF8 then someone on the factory side could have misread the order. Easy mistake to make but one that should never happen.

I would be interested to see what FCA has to say....and if they offer up anything.

#15 ·
Oh man, how very frustrating.

#18 ·
Sublime is a fantastic hi-impact color! It was my second color choice.

F8...uh...that army green is not going to age well, I don't like that color, but I also do not care for the octane red either, that darker red, but I see a lot of people like it.

#23 ·
I agree as well. After reading about this, I thought about the decision I would make in your shoes (I'm only at D1). Everyone has a different tolerance for what they will accept but this is pretty much a dream car for me and I would make them order it again, with the perfect (to me) specs I designed.

A sublime SPWB on the dealers show room was one of the "I want this car" defining moments for me. Sorry this happened to you man.

#24 ·
When we went shopping for our Challenger in August 2015 the only color we want was Sublime
It took 4 weeks to fine one with the options we wanted .Sunroof , Auto, STP , leather seats , But iam glad we did not settle for another color

Attachments

#25 ·
Picking a color wasn't easy for me because so many look so great. I agree the F8 green with stripes is one of the best looks and my wife really liked it. I was very partial to the Indigo Red. I've seen the GoMango and it's great - has undertones of red. Ultimately we settled on Plum Crazy - after I saw it in person on a Charger. Honestly, I'd have loved any one of them.

Check out the Edmunds red eye YouTube video, and also Erica Schull's review. Both show off the F8 green with stripes. They are wide body red eye reviews, but no matter the look of the paint is the same.

Best of luck in your decision.

Finface

#26 ·
Tough call on discounted car vs waiting on sublime. I had a destroyer gray on lot with exact options I wanted and a slightly better deal than ordering a triple nickel, but glad I waited on triple nickel. It’s a amazing how much better the car looks and rides when it’s in color you wanted.

#27 ·
For the money you’re paying, get that car you want. I never waited to get my preferred color on my camaros and while I loved them, I always wished I had the other color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·
That sucks.

I knew someone who had a dark green GTX convertible. It was a stunning car with the black top/black interior and black stripes on the hood. It was still dark green, just sayin.

But then, my builder screwed up my house. didn't dig the basement deep enough for the 9 ft basement ceiling. Didn't notice till the the first floor was up and framed. I wound up accepting it as I owned the land. Still kinda PO about it to this day.

Best of luck and make peace with yourself about whatever you decide to do.

#33 ·
Unless the F8 grows on you and the discount is good enough, reorder the sublime. Yeah, it takes 8 weeks but....finding one on a dealer lot could take the same time. By reordering, you’ll have a brand new 5 miles on the dash car and not another one tested by....who knows.
My 0.02 c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.