fore fuel hat cornering problems - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
fore fuel hat cornering problems

I installed a fore single pump setup a while back when upgrading to a return style system compatible with E-85 fuel.
The issue I'm having is anytime I make a hard left for more than 5-8 seconds the engine starts missing, it's running out of fuel. This is with anything less than 3/4 tank.
I checked all 3 hoses on both hats and am not able to figure out what to do about this issue.
Fore says they don't recommend their application for road racing, I'm doing street racing on abandoned roads in "Mexico".
The factory setup didn't have this issue. If there is no fix I might go back to a factory setup.

I've thought about trying to install one of those hydromats that holley sells but I'm not sure if that would help.

Anyone have any recommendations?
thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 Eco Diesel GDE tune, fully loaded, hers.
2010 R/T 6M 500HP Daily driver
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6.1 based [email protected]:1,Howards Cam,ported heads/intake,Fore Hat,52# Deatschwerks injectors,AFR shaker,Derale oil cooler,Barton STS,shorty headers,3" solo performance duals,BBK 85,HP tuned,Jet 180*,BT Catch Can,SLP locks,BT dash kit,MP hood struts,sequential tails, 20x10 Hellcat chromes wrapped in 305 Pirellis,rear cam,park sense.
09 Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit 1255 I-4 - Yoshi exhaust, WP seat

Last edited by chizzle1; 07-03-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
after considerable searching on the webs I found other people who were having this issue and it seems that problem could be a mis-aligned or damaged O ring on the pass side hat.
When converting to a return style setup the factory regulator is replaced with a "plug". Apparently it is easy to mis-align said plug and get fuel leaking around it. This will cause the fuel that should be sent over to the driver side to be dropped back into the pass side tank...
So once I'm down to less than 1/4 I'll pull the pass side hat (again) and see if I can verify the plug is correctly seated.
If all else fails the hydramat is an option, but it's not cheap.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 02:15 PM

Garage
If you don't have an internal fuel leak, which could be anywhere, the fix will be adding a second fuel pump...

Somewhere in the Sonora Desert...
2014 R/T Shaker M6 w/JBA long tubes and exhaust, Magnuson super charger, Fastman throttle body, Fore Innovations dual pump, HHP custom tune - See the rest in my garage...

Wife: 2015 R/T Plus A8 jazz blue pearl w/ Super Track Pak, A/C-heated leather seats and some other cool stuff,,,
Member:

The Following User Says Thank You to Gila Hemi For This Useful Post:
chizzle1 (07-08-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:27 PM

Location: The state where 4 out of 7 former Governors went to jail
Thanked 1,043 Times in 869 Posts
Are you running the factory passenger (secondary) pump?

2015 Challenger RT+ M6 (non-STP)
8lb Magnuson w/ Innovate PSB-1 wideband/boost/shift light gauge
Corsa extreme (2.5")
4" Aluminum one-piece driveshaft
Hellcat bottom airbox
Stainless Works LT headers (2" primaries)
Barton shifter assembly w/ Lou's short shaft and Speed Dawg knob
Comp Cam 7929 & 7748 push rods (gives slightly more lifter preload)
A2speed aluminum coil and valve covers (built in catchcan)
The Following User Says Thank You to ChallyTatum For This Useful Post:
chizzle1 (07-08-2019)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila Hemi View Post
If you don't have an internal fuel leak, which could be anywhere, the fix will be adding a second fuel pump...
I've thought about that, but then I will have cavitation issues with whichever pump gets starved for fuel...plus I'd need to make another relay wiring harness and drop another $600 in parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallyTatum View Post
Are you running the factory passenger (secondary) pump?
Yes the pass side fuel hat is in place, I have a new one that should be coming in later today.
I will install (carefully this time) the regulator block off and then replace the factory pass side assembly with the new unit.
The red circle is where the regulator block off goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pass side fuel hat.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	948737  

Last edited by chizzle1; 07-08-2019 at 11:47 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzle1 View Post
Yes the pass side fuel hat is in place, I have a new one that should be coming in later today.
I will install (carefully this time) the regulator block off and then replace the factory pass side assembly with the new unit.
The reason I asked was that it could be the factory pump is having a heck of a time filling the driver side saddle tank.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChallyTatum For This Useful Post:
chizzle1 (07-08-2019)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallyTatum View Post
The reason I asked was that it could be the factory pump is having a heck of a time filling the driver side saddle tank.
I wish lol
I'm only making ~500hp, not near enough to starve the tank (I hope).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I wish lol
I'm only making ~500hp, not near enough to starve the tank (I hope).
Only 500hp.

I don't know, but the guys from Arrington were adamant about keeping fuel above 1/4 tank when running their high flow pump with the 8psi SC setup to avoid fuel starvation. I assumed it was because the passenger side pump was not up to the task.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 06:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
I've thought about that, but then I will have cavitation issues with whichever pump gets starved for fuel...plus I'd need to make another relay wiring harness and drop another $600 in parts.

The red circle is where the regulator block off goes.
You have a completely different system from the one I'm installing right now. Mine has a primary and secondary fuel pump, both on the driver's side, and does away with the stock fuel bucket, which cannot fill fast enough to supply fuel to the pumps. My system is rated at 1,000 hp.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 06:51 PM

Oh and if you are running e85 500HP does take a lot more fuel which makes me suspect your stock secondary pump is most likely not producing enough flow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in