Frustrated with delays after new car built - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Frustrated with delays after new car built

Is anybody frustrated with the delays and lack of information coming from Fiat/Chrysler after your car has been built? I ordered a 2019 Challenger R/T and it was built within 2 weeks. It has been sitting in a rail yard in Brampton for almost a month. The Dodge chat line can't provide any information, but is blaming the rail cars? The dealer is also blaming the rail cars. Maybe I should book a flight to Canada and drive it home.

The problem isn't the factory. They build them in a timely manner. It's the black hole you go into after it's built. They need to do a better job communicating with customers and dealers after the car is built. I told them that as well.

End of Rant.
The Following User Says Thank You to capevettes For This Useful Post:
olscool (04-10-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 02:20 PM

Don't feel bad. My friends Redeye was stolen from the rail yard and they had to build another one for him.
post #3 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,296 Times in 2,520 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by capevettes View Post
I ordered a 2019 Challenger R/T and it was built within 2 weeks. It has been sitting in a rail yard in Brampton for almost a month. The Dodge chat line can't provide any information, but is blaming the rail cars? The dealer is also blaming the rail cars. Maybe I should book a flight to Canada and drive it home.

End of Rant.
It sounds tempting, but imagine this:

>trying to obtain MSO
>bringing from Canada into US
>not having a vehicle importer's license

Its frustrating to wait, but the shipping side is something out of the mfgr.'s hands

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiHiHemi View Post
Don't feel bad. My friends Redeye was stolen from the rail yard and they had to build another one for him.
Great, now I feel much better. That is very reassuring LOL.
post #5 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal H View Post
It sounds tempting, but imagine this:

>trying to obtain MSO
>bringing from Canada into US
>not having a vehicle importer's license

Its frustrating to wait, but the shipping side is something out of the mfgr.'s hands
Hal, Thanks for your response and yes, I understand that but Fiat Chrysler is a pretty big company. To build cars and basically wash their hands of them and completely lose track of them isn't good business. Maybe they should get a vehicle importer's license and move the cars themselves. Obviously, the rail car method is a colossal cluster ----. I can probably figure I'll need a new battery after sitting in that weather for a month or 2. If they are outside, the paint will be acid etched.
post #6 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Is anybody frustrated with the delays and lack of information coming from Fiat/Chrysler after your car has been built?
End of Rant.
This was my most recent order:

This info is provided to your dealer on a real-time basis. I'm confident, that if you're reasonable & kind, a salesperson/someone at your dealer would be willing to set aside some potion of their time to review your order status...every once in awhile at least.

One thing I am certain of - asking them about your order every other day/multiple times a week won't make it get there any faster.

Waiting sucks for sure, but as long as we're all living within this particular universe, we're just gonna have to abide by those pesky rules that govern space & time unfortunately.

My advice - relax...shop some mods, pick a favorite new air freshener, drink a beer (if you're of age of course). Oh take the dog for a walk - I promise you he/she will want to go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Order_.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	942187  

2018 Challenger T/A Destroyer Grey
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EngiNerd For This Useful Post:
762x51 (03-27-2019), Jimmy N. (04-11-2019)
post #7 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
This was my most recent order:

This info is provided to your dealer on a real-time basis. I'm confident, that if you're reasonable & kind, a salesperson/someone at your dealer would be willing to set aside some potion of their time to review your order status...every once in awhile at least.

One thing I am certain of - asking them about your order every other day/multiple times a week won't make it get there any faster.

Waiting sucks for sure, but as long as we're all living within this particular universe, we're just gonna have to abide by those pesky rules that govern space & time unfortunately.

My advice - relax...shop some mods, pick a favorite new air freshener, drink a beer (if you're of age of course). Oh take the dog for a walk - I promise you he/she will want to go!
Thanks for the great advice, I think. Not sure where you got the idea I was badgering the dealer every other day. Absolutely not. My salesperson is absolutely wonderful. The reality is, they don't get any real time information after it's built, until it actually ships. They are as in the dark as me and F/C.

Don't own a dog, but certainly old enough to drink. Actually had a couple today. I've had 34 Corvettes over the years, 12 Chevelles, 1 Viper and several other muscle cars. The manner in which these cars go into the black hole after the build is not something I'm accustomed to. Trust me, I'm not losing any sleep over it and am happy to know it's built and will arrive within the next few weeks, I'm sure. Just thought others might chime in with their experiences.
post #8 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the great advice, I think. Not sure where you got the idea I was badgering the dealer every other day. Absolutely not. My salesperson is absolutely wonderful. The reality is, they don't get any real time information after it's built, until it actually ships. They are as in the dark as me and F/C.

Don't own a dog, but certainly old enough to drink. Actually had a couple today. I've had 34 Corvettes over the years, 12 Chevelles, 1 Viper and several other muscle cars. The manner in which these cars go into the black hole after the build is not something I'm accustomed to. Trust me, I'm not losing any sleep over it and am happy to know it's built and will arrive within the next few weeks, I'm sure. Just thought others might chime in with their experiences.
Ah I thought your rant was a rant.

Anyway, I didn't meant it rudely/sarcastically (didn't mean to imply you were being juvenile either - sorry, I see how you got that, my bad) just saying there are waaaayy too many variables to estimate ETA, and dealers/FCA certainly don't want to get beaten up for circumstances beyond their control.

While I'm sorry for the screenshots (I can't save that info as a PDF) that is info AFTER build...there is no 'black hole' if you know where to look. You can contact your dealer for more detailed info - the VIN track system is not available to the GP.

Last edited by EngiNerd; 03-26-2019 at 05:36 PM.
post #9 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
Ah I thought your rant was a rant.

Anyway, I didn't meant it rudely/sarcastically (didn't mean to imply you were being juvenile either - sorry, I see how you got that, my bad) just saying there are waaaayy too many variables to estimate ETA, and dealers/FCA certainly don't want to get beaten up for circumstances beyond their control.

While I'm sorry for the screenshots (I can't save that info as a PDF) that is info AFTER build...there is no 'black hole' if you know where to look. You can contact your dealer for more detailed info - the VIN track system is not available to the GP.

No offense taken, trust me. I spoke with the dealer yesterday. She is a bit frustrated with the process as well. It kind of puts them in a bad place. She told me, as did Dodge, that it's a rail car issue and beyond their control. I think I have something I can drive while I wait.

Best Regards,

Paul
post #10 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
No offense taken, trust me. I spoke with the dealer yesterday. She is a bit frustrated with the process as well. It kind of puts them in a bad place. She told me, as did Dodge, that it's a rail car issue and beyond their control. I think I have something I can drive while I wait.

Best Regards,

Paul
Ok cool, my statements were meant to be general, did not mean to target you.

If for any reason you lose touch with the dealer/they don't respond, lmk, would be happy to help.

Take care Paul
The Following User Says Thank You to EngiNerd For This Useful Post:
capevettes (03-27-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode