Is this a good deal? 2017 R/T. I need help deciding! - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
This will be a daily driver. The vehicle is 2 hours away. I just got off of the phone with the finance manager and he said he would take $28,424 out the door.

The asking price was $27.2k. I live in Indiana.

Here is a link:
https://turbo.cars.com/vdp/770529318...aff=turbotrp29

https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowst...CDZBT1HH604939

The only other car I am considering that would be in my price range is this (which I posted recently):
https://www.indysunlimitedmotors.com...5/Details.aspx

https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowst...CDZBT6GH275346

Here are my thoughts:
1. The red one has a year left on warranty, the other has 14 months with an extended certified warranty.

2. The red is a R/T plus with leather seats, heated seats, and driver convenience group, remote start, etc. the 2017 doesn’t have those options but does have Active Exhaust and whatever else that was different with 2017.

Note: I went to test drive the red one today, but the guy told me someone made a down payment on it...so I didn’t get to test drive it. 6 hours later he says there was no deal because the guy who made the down payment tried to get the car for cheaper (not sure how much, they wouldn’t tell me).

The red car is here in Indiana, 20 miles from where I live. The other is 200 miles in another state. I don’t have the OTD price for the 2016 red one.

Thank you in advance everyone! I can post pics of the red one when I go to test drive it tomorrow. I’m just looking for things I should consider and whether or not I’m getting a decent deal.

Side note: I drove an SXT fully loaded today. It was nice. I then drove an RT. Knew I couldn’t get the SXT despite its features and upgrades 😃

Last edited by MysteriousNomad; 04-22-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:40 PM

Garage
The white one has been crashed. That will always be there. Is it enough of a discount to make it worth buying it?

White is the hardest color in the world to match, well it used to be, don't know today, maybe everythings magically perfect in todays collision repair world.

are you going to drive it till its worn out? if so then if the appearance and function of the wrecked car meet your expectation, then the prior damage doesn't really matter, if its a good price. If it bothers you in the least that it has been damaged... then run, don't walk, RUN... away from it!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 12:57 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=MysteriousNomad;846138.

Side note: I drove an SXT fully loaded today. It was nice. I then drove an RT. Knew I couldn’t get the SXT despite its features and upgrades 😃[/QUOTE]

So did you decide on any of these? Inquiring minds want to know...

I'm trying to locate other owners in Indiana. I don't have any hope to offer as far as what to look out for as I just became an owner last year of my 2008.

It is so hard to keep from grinning 100% of the time while you're driving one of these!

Jeremy

2008 Challenger SRT8
First Edition 1101-6400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Custom Matte Grey Paint Job

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black Tinted Marker's & Tailight

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCash View Post
The white one has been crashed. That will always be there. Is it enough of a discount to make it worth buying it?

White is the hardest color in the world to match, well it used to be, don't know today, maybe everythings magically perfect in todays collision repair world.

are you going to drive it till its worn out? if so then if the appearance and function of the wrecked car meet your expectation, then the prior damage doesn't really matter, if its a good price. If it bothers you in the least that it has been damaged... then run, don't walk, RUN... away from it!
What he said... X 100 ^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode