Having a hurst short shifter just got my entire transmission warranty voided - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 02:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yep, keep fighting up the chain never talk to same level twice, get their boss on line and keep working your way up the line till ya get someone so pissed that you/your dealer are wasting their time they will kick butts back down the line, make sure and remind them of the dealer install and the Mopar 10s having them they are definitely compliant to OEM. An the handle just needed the new tang bent out a bit (their upgrade/reinforcement due to the earlier breakages), looks like they just went crazy on the grinder. GL, stay on em!

First 09 sold in DFW, 08/30/08 BB-SE/G TRADED for Sickr PCP, 10 PCP R/T 6-Spd 7/5/10, Dream Since Teens! Mods; MoPar Strutbrace,LMI CAI, Borla ATAK, Custom Raptor SL, Moroso CC, SSE, Hurst w/70's mod, BR sequentials, Amber/Red sw/LEDs, Hotchkis Swys, r-Police/Cquence Drilled Rotors-all, SXHood, DCS pins, Sickr rear/delete w/6x9s&12"sub, Boss 338s f 235/50/18, r 275/40/20ZR Motivos.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"TexasOutlawChallengers-ChallengerJam"
Studies show; PCP is highly ADDICTIVE in 6-speed form!

Last edited by sick'r bee; 07-10-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 05:15 PM

That is total BS. Chrysler and Tremec should step up to the plate here. These TR-6060 transmission are complete and utter JUNK!

The NHTSA should force Tremec to replace all transmission including the ones in the GT500 and Camaro SS.

I sent a complaint to the NHTSA, maybe if everyone with tranny issues did the same it will force them to generate a recall.

I am personally going thru a tranny issue right now and my car has been at the dealer since Sat.

Called today for an update and they haven't even checked it yet. What was the
F-ing point of making an appointment if they weren't even going to look at the car?

Service is the worst I have ever experienced and I am not happy about that.

Wondering what those jugheads will say when they finally have my car apart?
Probably won't be very happy with that call either.

I will never buy another car with a Tremec tranny.

Tremec should really be ashamed of themselves here and I only hope their bottom line suffers as a result of these many documented failures.

Maybe then they will realize the error in their ways.

Hopefully one day Tremec will become synonymous with JUNK and go the way of the dodo bird, extinct!
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 06:17 PM

I am certainly in the camp that Chrysler is totally in the wrong here but I do want to point out the Mopar 10 with Hurst shifters had the Hurst pistol grip handle with beefed up shaft as well if I recall correctly. However, grinding hundredths of an inch (if that much) off the shaft to get the stock shaft to fit the Hurst shifter should not have resulted in the OEM shaft breaking and I fail to see how they can look someone in the eye & tell them an aftermarket shifter resulted in harming a transmission. How many people have Hurst and Barton shifters and have not experienced this situation? I do not give hang how great any car is or how much love there may be for a specific car, a bad experience at a dealership will certainly make you want to shop another brand next time.

Lonestar

A Smile In Every Mile!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,906 Times in 1,799 Posts
If they want to play games I'd either get an attorney to send a letter or just go on twitter with your story, it appears big companies can't deal with live complaining about them and their products.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is
impossible- but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 12:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
If they want to play games I'd either get an attorney to send a letter or just go on twitter with your story, it appears big companies can't deal with live complaining about them and their products.
Seriously, get on twitter/facebook. I have completely stopped calling companies when I have a problem now. I just ***** and moan on their twitter/facebook and within an hour I have some PR rep calling to fix it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esRT For This Useful Post:
wasp392 (07-12-2014), Yellow Jacket 2012 (07-11-2014)
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 11:55 AM

Some car dealerships are notorious for voiding warranties for what they consider to be "modifications" to a vehicle. Just so that you know, Chrysler/Dodge buys this exact same shifter from us, Hurst is one of our sister companies, and sells it as a Mopar Performance part. As stated by other members of this forum, the voiding of your warranty is not justified, in this case, because of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act. The dealership would be hard-pressed to prove that your transmission troubles stemmed from a shifter that they optionally install as a performance upgrade. You have a good case, unfortunately you will most likely have to go to court to get your warranty re-instated. I wish you the best of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to FlowmasterMufflers For This Useful Post:
buckwheat (07-17-2014)
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
On FB this morning, someone was wanting to know a way to find out how many other cars were made like his. He knows about emailing dodge but I knew there were websites doing pretty much the same. I remember the dodgechallengerregistry.com site, went, and saw your story had replaced the site. I read through the whole thing (tis how I came here). I cannot offer any more advice that has not been posted already here. I truly feel for you and completely understand how you feel betrayed by the brand as a whole.

I will ask though that you either put the site database back online or consider letting someone else run the that portion of the site. It is a fantastic resource going back many model years.

Good luck

2010 Challenger SRT8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SRT Max cam, SLP 25% UD Pulley, Jet 180 T-Stat, Solo X-3 catback, Blue Top solenoids, Roto-Fab CAI, and Zeitronix ZT-2 AFR.

Dyno 31Aug2012: 414hp/410tq Best 1/4: [email protected] mph

Last edited by 10ChallSRT8; 01-16-2015 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Typo but site mechanics jacked up an embedded graphic somehow
The Following User Says Thank You to 10ChallSRT8 For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (01-16-2015)
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 09:28 AM

Well it is all fine and dandy to be mad at Chrysler, I would be to in your shoes and have been with GM for the same thing (not honoring a valid warranty issue on a transmission).
Could you please give the registry information to someone else if you don't want to host the site anymore. The registry was not for Chrysler's benefit, but for the benefit of car enthusiasts like myself (I also own a mustang). I was able to connect with other people in my area because of the vin numbers for my year being so close together. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to redd6054 For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (01-16-2015)
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 04:44 PM

Garage
If talking to Chrysler doesn't get you any help, tell the dealer that you will be happy to have your lawyer forward them a copy of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. It states that they must prove the modification was the cause of the damage, or honor their warranty.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

15 U.S. Code Chapter 50 - CONSUMER PRODUCT WARRANTIES | LII / Legal Information Institute
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 04:54 PM

Garage
I mean hell, I even had my dealer install mine. This is clearly a crock of shite, and they are trying to bully you.

By the way, part of the code clearly states that if they violate this statute, and you sue, they are responsible for your attorney's fees. I'm willing to bet that they will fold like a cheap card table the moment you stand your ground and make it clear you know what you are talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode