I think I've made a mistake. Or two. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,458 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Yahooligan
(Thread Starter)
I think I've made a mistake. Or two.

When my Challenger was totaled a little over 9 months ago I made a couple of decisions.

- A new Challenger would never be able to replace my old one, so there's no point in replacing it with another Challenger. Apparently this is a form of mourning, such as losing a loved one and not feeling like anyone will be able to take their place.

- I wouldn't spend much time looking at photos/videos of my old Challenger. Hell, I never watched the GoPro footage from the cruise that ended in the accident. Why would I? It would just make me sad.

So I ripped off the "Challenger band-aid" quickly and moved on with a Jeep. My 6th Jeep, to be precise. So not something I'm unfamiliar with and something that's fun and was/is more practical than a Challenger.

My mistake? Last week I decided to go watch some of my old videos. Ever since then I've been stuck wanting another Challenger. I'm losing sleep over it. I'm trying to justify it in my head and figure out how I can make it work since now we live where there's snow and ice. I could always work from home on those days, but there's still the concern with salt on the roads during winter. Perhaps a weekly or semi-weekly touchless wash with underbody spray would work out fine, plus there are car washes that offer monthly wash programs and unlimited washes for pretty cheap.

Somehow I need to make this happen. Really, the roadblock is making it happen without my wife killing me.

I need help.

2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack, B5, 6-speed, SPAG, WRTs, sunroof, SGII, Convenience, Tech and Leather; UPR catch can, skip-shift eliminator, Mopar splash guards.
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Inferno Red, 4.7L V8
RIP 11/2/14 - 2011 Challenger R/T Classic GWE 6-speed
The Following User Says Thank You to Yahooligan For This Useful Post:
pdx.challenger (08-25-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Related to this...my dilemma is whether I get another 6-speed or if I go with the A8. I already know it will have to be a B5 R/T Scat Pack.
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:25 AM

Tell your wife she needs to pick up the slack and get a second job so you can get a new Challenger.... If that does not work start accepting applications for a new wife that understands... Try a "go fund me" to pay off the jeep, yeah good luck with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:27 AM

Garage
Move South young man! Problem solved!
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Julian View Post
Tell your wife she needs to pick up the slack and get a second job so you can get a new Challenger.... If that does not work start accepting applications for a new wife that understands... Try a "go fund me" to pay off the jeep, yeah good luck with that.
Oh, it's not a matter of affordability. It's a matter of "wifeability." Before my Challenger I would get bored and have the itch to get a different car every 6-12 months. It was horrible. I'm feeling that way again, 9 months after buying the Jeep, but I know exactly what I want because I've had it before and it was the only vehicle I've ever known that I wanted to keep forever.

I just have to convince my wife that this is a matter of sanity and happiness and hope that she doesn't flip her lid when I tell her I made a mistake and need a Challenger again. Yes, it's need. NEED.

Funny you should mention gofundme, that actually crossed my mind. haha

I actually am prepared to sell some of my other toys to help offset the cost of the Challenger.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yahooligan For This Useful Post:
DJ Hemi (08-25-2015)
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCowboy View Post
Move South young man! Problem solved!
Not an option. Would be cheaper/more practical to just buy a winter beater, but since I can work from home due to weather and my wife doesn't work that's not really needed.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:32 AM

Welcome back...and amongst all of us on CT I'm sure we can come up with something to help get the wife on board!
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:38 AM

I wouldn't worry about the snow and ice if that's the primary reason preventing another Challenger purchase. I live in Anchorage, Alaska and drive my Challenger year-round with the factory all season tires without problem. An engine block heater, low-temperature windshield washer fluid, Rain-X on all the glass, WeatherTech mats, and careful driving technique is all that's required. A set of Blizzak snow and ice tires will further aid driveability if your area experiences a lot of ice, and a weekly run through an automatic (preferably touch-less) car wash with under-body wash will partially mitigate salt corrosion. With this said, you will find the Jeep a more capable snow vehicle overall, but the Challenger does just fine.

2014 R/T Classic, STP, Anti-spin, A5, SGII, 730N, CII wheels

`70 "Challenger" & "R/T" grille badges / `70 Scat Pack qtr window bees / `70 fender Pentastar / Mopar SS pedal kit / amber fog lamp lenses / Hurst Comp Stick shifter kit w/ custom Hurst knob / "DODGE" hood letters / 392 front spoiler / Mopar chrome split exhaust tips / custom "345 HEMI" hood badges / Mopar strut tower brace / custom stripes / Mopar SP Stage 1 PCM / Mopar CAI / Mopar Stg 1 springs / Hellcat spoiler / Mopar hood pins

Last edited by Phantom372; 08-24-2015 at 11:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phantom372 For This Useful Post:
BlackHemi41 (09-14-2015)
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:39 AM

Get the challenger. Then tell the wife. Problem solved. Possibly another one in the process.
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:42 AM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
guess the only question is in another 6-12 months are you going to regret buying another challenger and want to get rid of it? do you think this is something just short lived until the URGE so to speak wheres off?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 SRT
MAGNUSON TVS 2300 12LB BLOWER WITH ARRINGTON PERFORMANCE TUNED & DROP IN PISTONS AND RODS, KOOKS LONG TUBE HEADERS
ARRINGTON FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
BILLET TECH FUEL DOOR BADGE, DOORLOCK PINS, DEVO STRUT TOWER COVERS, COMPLETE UNDERHOOD KIT IN RED, POP CAN DELETE DISC'S, SRT WHEEL CENTERS, DOOR JAM INSERTS,
CANTON SUPER CHARGER COOLANT TANK
BARTON SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH MOPAR SHORT THROW HANDLE]
CUSTOM HEAD RESTS
SPEEDLOGIX A-PILLAR POD W/ AUTOMETER CARBON FIBER GUAGES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode