Dodge Challenger Forum banner

JB Status

32K views 243 replies 19 participants last post by  A Guy 
#1 ·
I have a question involving "JB" status. Just WTH do they do when some cars spend a week there and others are there for almost 4 weeks and counting. I thought it was just vinyl and black hood paint at GE. Are they doing anything else there? I check frequently with the "live chat" option and all they can tell me is " Congratulations on your new Challenger order. Your vehicle is currently undergoing installation of additional equipment......blah, blah, blah" I know they can only tell you what their screen shows so I do not blame them. But just what additional equipment do they install? I am now starting to worry that they wrecked my new car and are having to fix it before delivery. If that is the case they can keep it.....I am not going to pay top dollar for a wrecked vehicle even if it was fixed at the factory.

So if anyone could enlighten me on just what really goes on during "JB" I would appreciate it. :sick:

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
mine when to JB on fri, chat said was at bolton for shaker install. will go in this coming fri to see where it's at then. sidd said his car spent only a couple days at bolton in jb. i'm sure depends on timing, would think they'd be trucking them from brampton to bolton, atleast i hope so. so far all i know is mine has moved fast, as was ordered 1/18. it has to i'm sure get back to brampton, then the shipping dept get involved & that i'm sure where delays a plenty get involved as from what i know, they have to get a train loaded & don't know how many are required to get that done & then train goes to big town reasonably close to your location. in my case am sure will go to chicago & truck to your town, in my case st louis. sidd said to look at travel times as approx 100 miles/day. i know i'm 800 miles.away so will see.

#3 ·
Which upfitter location do they send the Wide Body Scat Pack for them to put on the Scat pack rear racing stripe and the Wide Body Wheels/Rims? I think that the company that does the upfitting is called Argus Corporation. They seem to have locations in Redford, Michigan, Livonia, Michigan and Toledo, Ohio. At which of these 3 locations is the Wide Body Scat Pack taken to for the Scat Pack Racing Stripe and the Wide Body Wheels/Rims? Does anybody know?

#4 ·
Pretty sure all stripes are done at Brampton now, for which Upfitter for wheels and tires I'm assuming Argus in Redford.

Here's a Hellcat getting stripes at Brampton, the Scat Pack stripe would take no time at all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Slidd,
Are you 100% sure about this? Is the picture above very recent? When did the Brampton plant begin putting stripes on the Wide body Scat pack in the assembly plant there? I always thought that the stripes for the Wide Body Scat Pack were only done at the Upfitter at Argus Corporation.
If this is the case, is the only thing that the Upfitter does to the Wide Body Scat Pack right now is put the wider wheels/rims on it? Also, does the Wide Body get shipped directly to the dealer from Argus in Redford, Michigan or does the car have to go back to Brampton and ship to the dealer from Brampton? Do you happen to know the details about these things?

#9 ·
I was reading in another forum that there's a TDSI (CSX) rail auto distribution location nearby Redford in New Boston, Michigan. I'm wondering whether my car will be trucked to TDSI from the Upfitter in Redford, Michigan to be put on the rail car there for shipping to the dealer? Do the Challengers that go to the Upfitter in Redford get trucked to TDSI rail station in nearby New Boston for shipping to the dealers?

#10 ·
No, not all, I know some went to Toledo.

Tell your dealer to save your Shipping Order that comes in the car, it should tell you where and how it went.

#11 ·
I never knew that they have another TDSI automobile distribution rail yard in Toledo. So they will truck the car from the Upfitter in Redford to Toledo to put it on a rail car and ship it to the dealer?
Is the Shipping Order that you are talking about the white sheets of computer printout paper that's inside the car with all the different codes written on it? While I was lurking at the dealer lot last week looking at their Challenger and Charger inventory, I spotted 2 or 3 sheets of computer printout paper stuffed in the door panel storage area of a Challenger that had all sorts of codes written on it. Is that the Shipping Order that you are talking about here?

#12 ·
Yes they would ship direct from Toledo if that's where it goes.

Shipping order looks like this and would have the route and the carriers listed on them.

#13 · (Edited)
My car is still in JB status which means that it's still at the upfitter. I just got talked to Dodge Live Chat and they told me that they give the customer ONLY the D1 and KZ Status and that all the other statuses are for internal use only and are not given out to customers. WTF is that all abut? All this time when I've been in contact with Dodge Customer Service Live Chat, they've always given me the exact Status of the build process of my car when it was going along in D1, F, G, I and JB Status. Now they are telling me that these statuses are only for internal use and cannot be given out to the customer. WTF is going on? What good is Dodge customer service live chat if they cannot provide each status to customers who are waiting for their car to go through all the different stages/statuses. Does anybody in here know if there have been any changes regarding what I was told by Dodge Live Chat about this?
Or was the customer service rep just trying to give me a hard time and being a b i t c h?

#22 ·
My car is still in JB status which means that it's still at the upfitter. I just got talked to Dodge Live Chat and they told me that they give the customer ONLY the D1 and KZ Status and that all the other statuses are for internal use only and are not given out to customers. WTF is that all abut?
I've been trying to tell you for some time now that chat is next to useless, calling can provide better results, and that your dealer has the correct information.

Since I took notes of the supposed status changes for our Challenger over the months, I could provide a long (and in some ways interesting) list of the steps that car took. Some forward, a few sideways, and many backwards.

For example, as I recall it was supposedly shipped three times between early December and mid January.
I would usually check on it, one way or another, on a weekly basis. Mostly because it was fun to hear what must've been complete guesswork on customer service's part.

In other words, it was so bad that it was good.

#14 ·
Ok, here's the scoop. I called the Dodge Customer Service toll free 1-800 number and was able to get some detailed information that Dodge Live Chat wasn't able to give me online earlier. When I called, I gave my VIN Number and customer service was able to find the exact status of my Challenger SP Wide Body. They told me that its been in JB Status now for a total of 5 days since last Thursday, April 24th. They said that even though its been in JB Status, my car just left the Brampton assembly plant for Michigan just yesterday on Monday, April 29th at 1:30PM. So basically, it looks like my Challenger had been sitting at the Brampton plant for the last 5 days to get on to a truck to be shipped to the upfitter in Michigan. The Dodge customer service representative didn't have anymore information other than this. So now the big question is whether or not my car arrived at the upfitter yesterday or if it's arriving there today? Also, if it arrives at the upfitter today, will the upfitter put on the wider tires and wheels on it right away today or will my car be sitting for the next few days? My SP Wide Body also needs the rear Scat pack Stripe, but one forum member in here said that the SP rear stripe is put on at Brampton. If that's the case, then hopefully the work that needs to be done at the upfitter putting the wider wheels and tires on my car will happen quickly within a day or two. I'm hoping that the upfitter will get done quick with the wheels and tires and release my car for shipping by Thursday or Friday. But I don't know how realistic that this is? If my car left Brampton yesterday afternoon at 1:30PM for the upfitter, could it take a few days for it to get to the upfitter? Also, the upfitter closes at 5:00PM. I would think that if my car got to the upfitter when the upfitter was closed that the truck just left my car in their lot overnight until they reopen for business on Tuesday morning. I don't know the exact logistics of what happens when the car carrier arrives at the upfitter when the upfitter is closed? If this is the case, then do they unload the cars into a storage area at the upfitter and just leave the cars there until the upfitter reopens the next morning? Or is there always somebody at the upfitter during closing hours who take in the shipment of cars that need upgrades with additional accessories and equipment like mine does? I wonder how these things work with the upfitter?

#15 ·
Your car is left outside on the street near the upfitter up for grabs. Pray it wont be damaged when they reopen and get ready to work on it. 0:)

On a serious note, dont worry, your car will arrive at your dealers whole, in perfect condition eventually. Constantly calling and asking questions will definitely not speed up the process at all, if anything, it will just annoy you more :laugh2: - waited patiently for mine far longer than you have been waiting and i even paid mine in full. Didnt give 2 shts where it was or why it was taking its sweet time to get delivered cause i knew i would get it eventually... its just a car and just money lol.

#16 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone for the 2nd time tonight with Dodge Customer Service and they told me that my Challenger went into KZ Status today. It's still at Argus awaiting to be trucked to Toledo to be put on the rail car to be shipped to my area.

The funny thing about the phone call is that when I called Dodge Customer Service the 1st time around less than 10 minutes before I made the 2nd call, the person that I spoke to on the phone told me that my car was still in JB Status. I then got disconnected and called back again less than 10 minutes later. When I called the 2nd time around, I gave the customer service representative my VIN number again and when he looked up the status on my car, he said that it's currently in KZ Status. When I asked him when it went into KZ Status, he said that it went into KZ Status today. What I don't understand here is why the other Dodge Customer Service representative that I spoke to 10 to 15 minutes earlier told me that my car was still in JB Status when it's in KZ Status? Could the previous 1st Dodge customer service representative that I spoke to 10 minutes earlier made a mistake telling me that my Challenger was in JB Status when it was really in KZ Status? What could've happened here? How did my car go from JB Status to KZ Status in a matter of 10 minutes? I find it very odd that one person gave me JB Status and the other one gave me KZ Status in a matter of 10 minutes of speaking to each other. What do you think occurred here?

#20 · (Edited)
What do you think occurred here?
They probably have the VIN flagged in the system with a note stating, "guy is crazy, tell him whatever he wants to hear or he will never leave you alone".

#17 ·
Don't know but your car appears to be moving along as fast as could be expected, like others have said, I wouldn't worry about all these little things and just be happy it's close to being on the way to your dealer.

#27 ·
I "do" believe that the dealer has a better idea of what's happening. The thing with me is that I don't want to be haunting the dealer and calling them every day like I do Dodge Customer Service to find out about the status of my car. I talk to my salesman once a week. Also, he's the type of salesman who doesn't follow up every day for me, so I'm on my own and that's why I call customer service more than I do the dealership. For example, my car has gone into KZ Status right now. However my salesman hasn't even called me to tell me this. I found out about the KZ Status on my own by calling Dodge Customer Service.

#28 ·
The thing with me is that I don't want to be haunting the dealer and calling them every day like I do Dodge Customer Service to find out about the status of my car.

For example, my car has gone into KZ Status right now. However my salesman hasn't even called me to tell me this. I found out about the KZ Status on my own by calling Dodge Customer Service.
I fully understand not wanting to pester the dealer. I didn't, either, and used customer service mostly for entertainment purposes. I quickly noticed that they really had no clue what was going on, but getting all the conflicting info was fun, I thought.

Now you say that your car is in KZ, because customer service said so. What on earth makes you think that it really is?!?
My gut feeling is that your dealer didn't call to tell you it's in KZ because it probably isn't in real life.

Or maybe he just has a business to run and find it hard to get the time to give you up to the hour updates?

#30 · (Edited)
The reason why I don't have much patience is because I really need a car to drive after my 2008 Dodge Charger R/T got totaled in mid March. I'm currently driving my 19 year old Mustang GT right now that I took out of winter storage and I don't like the comfort and the heavy clutch that my Mustang has (it's a manual). Also, I'm really pissed that Dodge had to shut down for 2 weeks from April 1st to the 15th for the stupid dealer inventory adjustment. They've been shutting down for the last 3 months. Once in January, once in February and again in April. The shutdown cost me 2 weeks plus another 4 days wasted during the Easter holiday. I could've already had possession of my car if Dodge didn't shutdown. These are the things that piss me off. I'm the type of person who wants to get receivership right away when I pay for something, whether it be a car or anything else. Dodge procrastinating to build a car for 2 weeks and 4 days shows me that ever since the Italians bought the company that they have no regards for efficiently putting out customer orders. I ordered my brand new 2008 Dodge R/T back in the end of February 2008 and my car got delivered to me on March 21st. The build and delivery went pretty quick. But that was also when the Germans owned the company (Daimler Benz). The Germans are very well known for doing everything efficiently and being on time with production. Today the Italians own it through Fiat. The Italians are well known for shutting down their plants like this and for procrastination and for unorganized production methods. Don't get me wrong. I love Dodge cars. However, I don't like it when they shut down like this and delay production. The shutdown didn't put a dent on lowering deal inventory. My local Dodge dealer still has a lot of cars in their inventory even after the assembly plant 2 week and 4 day shutdown.

#40 ·
I was on the telephone with Dodge Customer Service this evening to check the status of my car again. I was told that my car is still in KZ Status waiting to ship out soon. No shipping date has been given to it yet. However, it's supposed to be shipping out soon. How soon nobody knows.

I don't know what's going on, but Dodge Customer Service now claim that they are NOT supposed to give out any information on the status of any vehicles because the information that they have may be inaccurate. The guy that I spoke to on the phone was telling me that some stupid email has been circulating around to all the customer service reps which says that they are to not give out any information to customers because the information can be inaccurate. WTF! Is something going on internally at Dodge Customer Service that's causing problems? Does anybody in here know what's going on and why they are being so secretive about these things? Why even have these people working on the phones if they cannot give out information to the customers who call in who have ordered and who are waiting for their car? I don't understand the mentality of this company. What do you think is going on? Do you think that someone complained to Dodge about their customer service representatives which is causing Dodge to tell them to not give status reports on a customer's car anymore? Why is Dodge all of a sudden being so secretive about this? Does anybody in here know what's really going on with this?

#45 ·
I don't know what's going on, but Dodge Customer Service now claim that they are NOT supposed to give out any information on the status of any vehicles because the information that they have may be inaccurate. The guy that I spoke to on the phone was telling me that some stupid email has been circulating around to all the customer service reps which says that they are to not give out any information to customers because the information can be inaccurate. WTF! Is something going on internally at Dodge Customer Service that's causing problems?
Again, I've been trying to tell you this for a while now: DO NOT BELIEVE CUSTOMER SERVICE PREDICTIONS!
Especially since a Saturday evening call will definitely not get you the cream of the crop personnel.

Anyway, my somewhat educated guess is that people call in, get very haphazard information, which they then take as gospel.
Obviously, the odds that the guesswork info is correct is minimal, so now the caller becomes upset when things didn't happen the way/when the caller was told.

That often results in even more phone calls, which in turn leads to even more bad/guesswork info. And an even more upset caller. And so on.

At some point they (understandably) give up, in an effort to keep the lines open for legit inquiries. Nothing wrong with that, really, since they mostly spread misinformation anyway.

#43 ·
Haha, the only abuse that I can think of is the abuse that is being given to some Dodge customer service reps by disgruntled customers who have car orders lol. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the guy who I spoke to on the phone was telling me that a lot of customers who have ordered cars call in and yell at the customer service representatives because they give them inaccurate and wrong information. I believe that the reps complained to someone higher up at Dodge and that Dodge sent emails to everybody in customer service telling them to not give out a lot of detailed status information. Only limited status information is given out. I think that the disorganization with build status and the sloppiness of tracking Dodge cars in the system has caught up to the company and they are now trying to silence their customer service reps by telling them to give only limited information out to customers. If this is true, then customers will not be able to get status updates like they used to. I wish that RS Speed was still around on here in the forums to give everybody accurate updates on their Challenger orders. It's too bad that Dodge silenced him. I bet you that he's a Dodge employee who has access to the Dodge main frame computer that has all the customer order information in it. That's the only way that he could've tracked and got detailed information on each and every Challenger that was ordered by each customer. If only he can come back on here and give accurate updates once again like he used to without anybody at Dodge knowing. He was the best.

#42 ·
I totally understand Sam. I remember this time on a sweet little COP in Afghanistan when I couldn’t take a shower for like four weeks because of an equipment issue. Every time we called back to the rear we got a different answer as to when the part would be sent out on the LOGPAC. It was frustrating. Like your back up 19 year old Mustang, at least I had an extra clean uniform to change into after three weeks.

#44 ·
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.
A Guy

#50 ·
I’ve noticed the decrease in activity as well.

#54 ·
Still haven't gotten my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body yet. Dodge Customer Service and the Dealer Vehicle Assignment Leg Detail Sheet that my dealer gave me today says that my car is at its last leg and it's currently sitting in New Boston, Michigan at the rail station waiting to be shipped out. It's been sitting there at the New Boston, Michigan rail station for the last 9 days since last week since May 16th. Nobody knows (not Dodge and not my dealer) when the rail ship date for my car will be yet. I was told that my Scat Pack Wide Body could be sitting at the New Boston, Michigan rail station for a long time. Dodge is clueless as to "when" it will be put on the rail car and ship out to my local final rail destination. Dodge sucks and whoever the rail company shipping these cars is sucks too. I don't see why we are even paying $1,495 destination shipping charges when they can't even have efficient shipping for our Challenger orders.

#55 ·
Still haven't gotten my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body yet.
Uh, oh. Somebody should have mentioned that the process can take a while, so you didn't get your hopes up too high.
And that customer service generally is clueless. And maybe even that once built, Dodge really doesn't have any control over what happens or when.

#57 ·
Why did our first '19 order take four months and eight days from build to dealer delivery? And why did the second order take only one month and one day?
I dunno. But I do know that feces occurs, and that there's nothing I can do about that.

We've discussed why customer care has limited info, and once told not to share a vehicle's location, it didn't improve things.

That Dodge can't control how trucking and railroads operate should go without saying.

Hey, at least you're still alive to worry about it - although you really should know not to by now.

#58 ·
At this point, I'm not worried. I'm just eager to get my car. That's all. It will come whenever it comes. The good thing is that the car is on its last leg and at the train station waiting to be put on a rail car to make its way to its final destination here in my local area. I'm hoping that my Wide Body Scat Pack will arrive at my dealer in the next week or two before June 10th.

#59 ·
They're on break

A Guy

#61 ·
It's the trains again, every spring there's a shortage of rail cars plus it's high season for truckers and you still have a driver shortage then the floods have affected some rail routes causing more backups but seems worse this year on the transportation side. Also high truck sales means more vehicles at all the Upfitters and that slows things down too. You know FCA is not happy either but what other option do they have to move thousands of vehicles each day? And all the OEMs are in the same boat.

#63 · (Edited)
That’s very bad news. This explains everything with why the shipping is a total mess. It just shows you how inefficient the shipping process for automobile deliveries are right now. It’s too bad because we spend $1,495 for destination/delivery charges for our vehicles, no matter if we special order them or if buy them off the lot. It’s a waste of money if the shipping companies cannot fix the problem. It seems that all automobile manufacturers are at the mercy of the shipping companies and rail car companies. Not good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.