My Challenger was previously wreck???????? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:39 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A selling dealer doing an "Inspection" is most likely a joke. If it's not something obvious, it's fine. A friend of mine has bought used car after car, never having any independent inspections done. He's amazingly naive about so many things, sometimes I'm pretty stunned when he asks me about something that I would think anyone over 40 would know about, but he doesn't. He gets totally confused as to what songs are by the Beatles and which are Rolling Stone songs. He grew up when they were being played on the radio, so how could he not know? Remakes of old TV shows are another, "Where have you been?" headshakers. I was on the phone with him and the new "Magnum PI" came on, and I said, "I didn't really like the original Magnum, let alone this one", and he had no idea what I was talking about!! He did know "Hawaii Five-0" is a remake though.

Somehow, he's come out ok for the most part, buying vehicles "blind". Only one, an old Cutlass Vista Cruiser Wagon had problems and he seemed mystified as to their cause. The driver's power window switch on the inside of the door was worn out. That's all. He was one of those guys who refused to allow his wife and kids to use the power windows for decades because they "wear out". The only time I had any issues with power windows was on an old car where the passenger side was never used and it froze up.

King, my "Dog of a lifetime" 12/23/1998-12/13/2012, Super smart, super stubborn, and, as a couple of dog trainers said, "King is an Evil Genius", "He has zero tolerance for idiots, human or dog!". Stupid people were ignored.

2018 Challenger R/T Scatpack, TorRed, A8, Dynamics package, HK Stereo, Leather, Convenience package.
Bought 7/14/18.
Best E.T.- [email protected] (by the dash timer)

2010 Challenger R/T, auto, in Hemi Orange. Traded on 7/14/18.
Best E.T.- [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,936 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe he reads books

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:02 PM

Iam not saying there aren't exceptions, but for the most part, people don't trade in good cars. Used cars need to be heavily inspected and researched.

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 M6
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude
2009 Dodge Avenger SXT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine440 View Post
I bought a used Charger R/T that was certified and had a clean Carfax from a Dodge dealer. Two years after I purchased it, Carfax updated and said it had been stolen and declared a total loss. The dealer said there was nothing they could do so I contacted a lawyer. They found the car should have been sold with a salvage title and that the dealer and Insurance company. (who recovered the car and sold it at auction with a clear title) were at fault. I ended up getting a nice settlement and got to keep the Charger which I sold to buy my Challenger Scat Pack.

Now that's GREAT!!!!

Glad to hear someone came out ahead for once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode