Old/new member returning. I signed up here back in 2008. Never got a Challenger, but I think this is it. Planning to order a 2016 PCP. Here are my questions. Thanks for your help.
1. Does anyone know when dealers will stop taking orders for PCP?
2. We are planning to get a V6. In the ordering process, I can select the options and packages I want, and don't want, correct? I can use the current Dodge website to build that car and it should give me a good idea on price, correct? I understand the website is for 2015 models.
3. Will the price be MSRP or discounted on ordered cars? Right now, I can get one (2015) off the lot at $2-3K discount before negotiations.
4. I totally understand the width of the car and the limited rear view. Many of you own the Challenger for years. Does the rear view and blind spots still bother you? Be honest please, I know you love the car.
5. We also have 3 kids and a minivan. Do you think a Charger will fit us better? In other words, for the members with kids, did you wish it was a 4 door instead of two?
6. We can afford one new car. Because both the wife and I now like the Challenger, we may get two. His and Hers. Would you recommend a lease? Let me ask the question another way. I would like to be that Old Guy with the cool classic car that I owned for 30 years. So if I lease, I do plan to buy it after the lease, if the car remains trouble free and it's a keeper. Is leasing with the intention of purchasing going to cost me more in the long run?
7. Any female members on this forum? Just wondering how you like your Challenger. Are you happy with it? Like driving it? Do you find it easy to park it? Do people try to race you? Please don't be offended by me asking this.
8. I guess some of you have upgraded from V6 to Hemi. How did that change your insurance cost? I know we all have different rates. Just want to know the difference.
9. RT comes with standard manual transmission. I've never driven a manual with that much power. Do you find it easy in tight situations? In traffic? It is pretty much like the manuals from VW, Toyota, Honda, etc, but on a larger car?
10. Anything else I didn't ask, but should know about ordering process or Challengers?
Much thank you..